-
Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
The Grid Games in Manchester, CT is hosting its third Legacy cash tournament. After taking a break for the holidays its time to focus on the Legacy tournament scene in CT. Attendance at this event will shape future Legacy and possibly Vintage events in Connecticut.
Prize support for this event if there are a minimum of 12 players will be over $400 in cash and cards.
WHERE:
THE GRID GAMES
52 PURNELL PLACE
MANCHESTER, CT 06040
860-645-9006
http://thegridgames.net
WHEN:
SATURDAY January 24th
REGISTRATION STARTS AT 12 NOON
TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 1PM
ENTRY FEE $20.00
GREAT PRIZE SUPPORT:
1ST PLACE Mox Pearl (heavily played but very tournament legal) & $50.00
2ND PLACE $75.00
3RD & 4TH PLACE $50.00
5TH – 8TH PLACE DRAFT SET
This tournament is sanctioned and will be swiss pairings cut to a single elimination top 8. There will be side Legacy, Standard and Draft events throughout the day.
GUARANTEED PRIZE SUPPORT WITH A MINIMUM OF 12 PLAYERS
PRIZES WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS BASED ON ATTENDANCE
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
I suppose theoretically I could make it to this, but I doubt I'll actually end up going due to its timing. Bleh.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
On the same day as a Reel Big Fish concert that's also my birthday party. No go, sorry.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ebinsugewa
On the same day as a Reel Big Fish concert that's also my birthday party. No go, sorry.
...see above.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Jaynel
Will likely attend.
x2 with others
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
I'll probably show up with someone else.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
I should be there with 3-4.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Giddyup!
I think this a great event as we all gear up for GP Chi-town. The prize support seems fantastic and I really appreciate legacy TOs giving vintage power cards as prize support.
Anyone interested in attending GP Chi-town should be at this event, as its a great way to work as a group to get the NE magic scene to the event.
BTW if you couldn't figure it out, I intend to take this one down.
Karl, any chance that you could start holding a monthly vintage tourney to compliment these?
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ebinsugewa
On the same day as a Reel Big Fish concert that's also my birthday party. No go, sorry.
Reel Big Fish > Magic. Any day of the week.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by
PTPaul
I think this a great event as we all gear up for GP Chi-town. The prize support seems fantastic and I really appreciate legacy TOs giving vintage power cards as prize support.
Karl, any chance that you could start holding a monthly vintage tourney to compliment these?
I just wanted to pop back in and posit that giving out Vintage prize support for Legacy events is probably the worst thing you could do besides give out no prizes. The only use power has for most players is to be sold, while Goyfs, fetches, duals et al. open up more deck opportunities and encourage people to play the format more. Even something like Standard-legal packs can be drafted. That said, I would love for there to be more Vintage events in this area, and I would like to play the format again, so don't take this advice the wrong way.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
If i win the Hadley event for a emerald, i'm definetly coming to this and winning the Pearl. Then all i'd need is a sliver that sais something like "you can play banned cards if you're playing a sliver deck" and i'd be all set.
While a playset of duals and other legacy playable stuff like that might be a more usable prize, i think the moxes arent actualy a bad idea... there's enough vintage people around the legacy scene that they arent horribly hard to trade away, and the "i've to a MOX" factor is realy apealling. I'd never buy a Mox, but winning one would be realy cool to the point of where i might actualy NOT trade it away (assuming i could win one of them).
PS... will probably make it to this tourny.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
I should make with one, maybe 2 others. I really need the practice before Chicago.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
2 and a 1/2 weeks to go until this bad boy...Anyone know where the GP Chicago Trials are going to be taking place? I've heard rumor of one taking place at The Grid.
I'm hoping we can hit 30+ for this bad boy, b/c I need to recoup points after my winter fiasco in Cuse.
Cya!
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
This tourney seems awesome! I'm probably going to drive back from school for this. Looking forward to it. Keep running ct legacy Karl, everyone should turn out for this one.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Just 10 Days to go!
I came up just a smidge short in Hadley, so I've been taking my vitamins, saying my prayers and working extra hard to win myself a Pearl at The Grid.
Think you can handle that brother?
I'm not 100% sure what I'll be playing at the tourney, but I sure know what I'll be bringing...THE PAIN!!!!!
:-)
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by
PTPaul
Just 10 Days to go!
I came up just a smidge short in Hadley, so I've been taking my vitamins, saying my prayers and working extra hard to win myself a Pearl at The Grid.
Think you can handle that brother?
I'm not 100% sure what I'll be playing at the tourney, but I sure know what I'll be bringing...THE PAIN!!!!!
:-)
The pain as in anal penetration?
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
I'll be there, this is going to be awesome. I'm bringing a totally new deck, I went wild on ebay this week and I have the cards for three decks now so that I can rotate what I'll be playing until I find something I really like.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
Awesome.
Just an FYI there are tourneys at The Grid every day and since its centrally located it may be a good place for people to playtest between rounds.
There is extended every Tuesday night at 6:30pm which isn't exactly legacy but its close. For more information join The Grid group on Facebook or go to their website: http://thegridgames.net/
A special heads up to anyone who plans on going to a Conflux PreRelease anywhere. I strongly encourage you to join The Grid Facebook group...that's all I can say for now, but needless to say I know many spell slingers will be very happy if they do.
-
Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT
All but certain that I will be there, anyone who misses this will regret it. As a Grid player myself, there's no other place to play your prerelease, and the word is that joining the Grid Games Facebook group may bring you some kind of goodies for the prerelease. The prerelease that TJ's did at UHart for Shards was an utter debacle, so go down to the Grid and play Conflux there.
Paul, the only pain you're bringing is going to be listening to you complain after you take third or something.