http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin.../other/112008a
Its about time wizards maybe this time it wont be gp flash.
Printable View
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin.../other/112008a
Its about time wizards maybe this time it wont be gp flash.
Fucking sweet.
I have no idea if it's within driving range, but fuck it, I need to go to this!!
I'll see you motherfuckers in Chicago.
edit - Hey! There's a Standard Grand Prix here in Seattle, too! I might just have to try and make that one, too.
Chicago? Nice. I'm in.
Chicago? :/
Chicago : )
I'll try to make it.
Sh*te Chicago, I wanted to judge that one.
Meh, certainly going to Paris and Rotterdam, perhaps even to Madrid, Brighton and Hanover.
I could consider Boston if it was worthwile in terms of sourcer-turnout and I could arrange to sleep somewhere cheap. I'd bring belgian beer and alterations.
Oh, Hells yes.
Expect some number of Virginians. Come hell or high water, I definitely expect to make this.
Goddamn you Tarmogoyf/Counterbalance/Flash. Why do I only get one Grand Prix with Solidarity? Fuck you. Especially you Tarmogoyf. You like boys.
Hm, I guess that means more testing.
We got one <hand clap>, but Extended got four again <breaking the beer bottle> and <Sean Hanity tone> possible a six events!
Fair and Balance, they say. I know Flores and BDM are going to say their usual "unfair" BS about the format to discourage people from playing this format. They do it all the time when it comes tp our community, it's written all over their writing without a formal apology to the community.
I have every right and reason to criticize and yell "FOUL PLAY!" to them for discouraging people from playing this format. I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none. But that is a regional issue and should be saved for when I serve it raw on a silver plate.
Wizards has once again turned a blind eye towards us. Although it is not fully like the 2008 season (with no Legacy GPs or Championship Coverage whatsoever), but still they are turning a blind eye by just giving us only one GP Event instead of Four Legacy GP Events.
Huh. MercenaryBDU seems to have made an angry and irrational post condemning Wizards' behavior in some matter, while describing himself as the sole voice in the wilderness defending Legacy against the vast and malicious conspiracy attempting to destroy it.
Well, I never.
Legacy just in the States - that sucks.
Well, i was about to visit my guestparents in Iowa but that would be in summer.
Hate.
I might have to start playing magic again for this...
Oh please, my post wasn't that bad. I was merely stating my opinion that MercBDU makes me sigh in disgust that somebody so stupid lived in my general area. Aggro Zombies clearly shares the love there.
1. Who wants to form the European contingent to attend this?
2. Who wants to sponser it? ;)
Seriously though Americans, make this good so we'll get more next year, and maybe one in Europe.
Damn, I really want to go, but I 'm not sure I can since I live in The Netherlands and am still in highschool (means I don't have that much money to just fly over there). I'll try though.
Edit: Ok, I don't think I can pay ~500 euro for the flight, so I'll need to wait for an European GP.
I live across the San Francisco Bay from him. Just out of curiosity, where are you?
EDIT: I should add that Eudemonia is the large card shop/gaming center just off of the University of California, Berkeley campus. It draws a large crowd from all over the Bay Area, so it's conceivable I could have met him before. Mental (the user) also goes there, as did a guy who has since moved to go to school at Haverford (can't remember his user name...Kronicler?).
OH MY...a GP Legacy event?! Damn I hope I can make it sounds like fun!
How does it make since to not have the Hanover, Germany event be Legacy as well? The two events come one week after the other. You could almost get actual metagame results if you had GPTs on both sides of the Atlantic to look at. A real missed opportunity.
I think this GP agenda is a typical example how Wizards make sure stuff is best for them, not for the Magic players. I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't come to Europe, but hey, I wouldn't really expect such a noble act from Wizards.
Actually, Legacy events tend to get better attendance in Europe, so I can't say that the move seems cynically practical.
East Coast GPs pull in about double the attendance of West Coast GPs.Quote:
I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none.
I'm going to LA already, so I'm not sure if I'll make Chicago.
Unrelated note: shotgun GP Seattle.
OMG the legacy grand prix is on my birthday, so why don't we just do it in my backyard?
organising it in the US, where Legacy has a lower attendance is actually good. Most M:tg players see that a GP is closeby, read what type it is and see Legacy. Maybe we'll attract more players that way?
All I can say is! Yay, legacy.
Just need a plain ticket now.
Wrong friggin' continent. Again. We haven't had once in Europe since...y'know, the biggest out of the bunch.
TBF, I'm not sure how true this is anymore. GP:SJ had 700 peeps, which is pretty respectable. That said, it certainly makes a bit more sense to hold the majority of GP's on the east coast.
I'm in Fremont. I used to play at Eudo for the Vintage events and occasional draft. Now I mostly hit up the new store Superstars got in SJ. With gas dropping it's cheaper than BART and less of a hassle trying to time my comings and goings with the really late trains.Quote:
I live across the San Francisco Bay from him. Just out of curiosity, where are you?
Yay for Legacy GP!
Yay for GP Sao Paulo!
HATE!
*insert random whining about another american Legacy GP and how Wizards never cares about european Legacy and how there would be a much higher attendance here and how unfair the world is and how the world is a bad place and noone loves nobody anymore*
Anyway, congratulations! Go get testing and break the format =)
I look forward to reading about this, but I am 99% not going. Still good that they gave us a GP this year.
Although I'm obviously glad to have it closer, considering both the much larger Legacy scene in Europe and the fact that they haven't had a GP since Lille, I have to admit that it probably should have been in Europe.
That being said, sucks to be you, etc.
True dat.
It's not fair that there's again no Legacy GP in Europe. Back in 2005, GP Lille
was as twice as big as the one in Philly. I'd also say that Europe's Legacy-community is slightly bigger than the one in the States (which might be because Vintage is still popular in the US while it's dying here) and that we have more tournaments in general (well, that's what deckcheck.net tells me).
MIMIMIMIMI! -.-
Europe seems to be fucking wallowing in 60+ person Legacy tournaments. It's not just you. I guess they're going to use Columbus as a gauge? Although Lille was still slightly larger. And had a mush smaller Gadiel Szleifer turnout.
God, you know, that makes me realize just what a small scene we have. WTF, people? Recruit more Legacy players.
Well, I guess I'm going to Chicago next year.
I've always wanted to visit Chicago.
Edit: AND I HAVE A BREAK FROM SCHOOL THAT STARTS 3/6! Definitely looking good right now.
Look at that, a legacy GP I can make it to. Cya there.
Considering the attention they're paying Europe when it comes to those things, I fully expect to have Legacy GPs in Sweetwater, Springfield or Winnemucca before Rome, Madrid or Berlin.