.
Printable View
.
Sheesh, everyone knows that it's THREE uncommons for one rare! Just open any pack, you'll see! :laugh:
I fucking hate people who try to rip me (or others) off. Beyond just general idiocy and sociopathy, I feel like I'm being insulted: do I really look that stupid?
This kind of shit is why I always, always, always tell everyone to verify prices with the store's net connection before trading.
It's impressive the amount of effort you put into telling a story that actually makes you look much worse than the idiot.
The guy wasn't ripping anyone off. He clearly didn't know anything about Magic. Nothing he did was out of malice.
majikal, on the other hand, taking his story at face value, was clearly being a douche.
Winner!
I think I understand the story. It's a narrative from the 1st person perspective of the idiot.
while I agree that these kind of people are annoying, the OP clearly overreacted to these things. maybe he just cut some details, maybe he really is elitist or something like that.
anyway, it was still funny, specially the one about counter-top. I've had so many people say those kind of things, omg. "you know that doesn't work, right?". like stifling storm triggers, that one is a hard one for noobs. (just leaving and saying they're idiots doesn't help though. if they don't even listen to your thorough explanation and act stupid, then you've got a point)
Then I jumped him with my friends in the parking lot. You're the man.
Cool Story Bro.
We jumped him because he was actively trying to rip people off. He tells me he values my rares at two uncommons, but he values his shitty rares at $8 when a kid with less experience wants it, and then tries to keep someone from looking up the actual price. The fact that he knows nothing about the rules of magic is just gravy.
But then, I don't know why I'm answering to IBA for calling me - or anyone really - a douche. Bit of pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?
Skipped that part, did you?
Who said he was a kid? I'm pretty sure the guy is older than I am, and I'm 24.
If the guy claims to have checked ebay prices that morning then obviously it's not just his ignorance.
"Jumping" someone does seem like an overreaction, as well as an immature display of internet machismo, but I suppose I care less.Quote:
majikal, on the other hand, taking his story at face value, was clearly being a douche.
Idiots come from Tennessee... didn't need a post from one calling another one an idiot.
Seriously? Strong-arm tactics to try to make someone not come back because he is stupid?
You're 24 and you and your friends wait around outside to "jump him." Grow up?
God I never want to go to Tennessee.
hahaha, this shit is priceless... Posting an overexaggerated 'tough guy' story only to get spit and crapped upon! Nice... you guys made my day.
I most definetely want to see a picture of you bashing your head against a wall ::laugh:
But seriously, did you really think you would get sympathy for telling other people you wanted to beat somebody up?
the thread's title is wrong. has to be:
Almost Beating a Tenessee's Head Against A Wall IRL
just kidding ;)
Man, if this is the way you behave in situations like this, I fear you might become the most dreadful serial killer in TN if something *worse* would happen. I thought for a moment we would have seen this scene on CSI: Sweetwater or some thriller movie if majikal let his killer-instinct command.
No, I know, he was a McCoy and you were a Hatfield, right? Damn that age old feud - dammit all to hell! Things are tough in Appalachia...
Dave
You should have let the story in the first post. I read it yesterday, and for the record, I'm 100 % on your side.
At least from what I got from the story (ie guy was an active moron and repeatedly trying to rip off new/younger players - well even any player apparently), your reaction was just fine. it even makes one glad ("aaah, at least one of those bastards got what he deserved")
My attacking creatures don't receive +1/+1.
Anon taps Mogg War Marshal
Anon taps Goblin
Anon taps Mutavault
Anon taps Mogg War Marshal
Anon taps Goblin
It is now the Combat Phase, Declare Blockers Step
Lenz taps Forest
Lenz taps Island
(uses mana to pump Basking Rootwalla)
<Anon> before dmg
Anon taps AEther Vial
Anon plays Mad Auntie from Hand
<Lenz> u can't
<Lenz> lol
<Anon> accept it
<Lenz> no
<Lenz> u cant
<Anon> u pump
<Anon> then i vial
<Anon> i see absolutely no problem
<Lenz> noob, read the rules, ur atacking creature won't receive
<Lenz> +1+1
<System> Player Lost
Hey du lebst ja noch! :] Lass mal von dir hören.... ;]
It started with "Beating your head against a Wall", who cares for the rest...
That's not ripping people off. That's new players clutching their Timmy cards. There's also plenty of room for confusion in the fact that the other Akroma actually is bought and soldfor the $8-10 range.
Regardless, crappy knowledge of card prices doesn't justify being a douchebag.
It's not "gravy", it's someone who obviously is either new to the game or never got past the kitchen table level. The correct response to this isn't wigging out, spitting all over yourself and putting on a tough guy pose and generally being a jackass.Quote:
The fact that he knows nothing about the rules of magic is just gravy.
When I respond to someone's errors of ignorance by flipping out and threatening to beat them up (with my friends' help, of course, and they're obviously all upstanding citizens as well), let me know, because then you'll be going somewhere with this.Quote:
But then, I don't know why I'm answering to IBA for calling me - or anyone really - a douche. Bit of pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?
I mean, it'll still be a logical fallacy, but I'm taking that as a given.
ITT: Jack Fucking Elgin, hero of the downtrodden and champion of the uninitiated. Give the man a round of applause, people.
Fact of the matter is that you weren't fucking there, Jack. The guy is in his late 20's, has foiled-out Tier 1 decks, vastly changes the way he values his cards depending on how much he thinks he can get out of the deal, and even flat-out lies about the prices of the cards he's overvaluing. He's no noob, even if he is stupid.
Somebody lock this thread FFS.
You cornered him in a dark alley off to the side somewhere and told him to never come back. How in the fuck do you not call that a strong arm tactic???
..and for the record, attacking IBA for his personality or history is in no way helping the argument. Debate the issues or stop being a pansy and man up that what you did was a display of one of the lowest rungs of human behavior.
True. All I have to go on is your description of events. If you feel you're being misrepresented, then, you know exactly whom to blame.
Age is irrelevant. The price of Akroma is, as mentioned, an understandable confusion; first because new players overvalue big, shiny monsters with big, shiny boobs, and second because there's another "Akroma, Angel of Synonymous Word" out there that costs what he was describing. So no justification for assuming foul play there.Quote:
The guy is in his late 20's, has foiled-out Tier 1 decks, vastly changes the way he values his cards depending on how much he thinks he can get out of the deal, and even flat-out lies about the prices of the cards he's overvaluing. He's no noob, even if he is stupid.
The only information you've provided that indicates the above is the foiled out T1 deck. That's new information, but as you mentioned, he's in his late twenties. He probably has a job and can afford to buy a shiny expensive deck off ebay for his new hobby. This is like saying that everyone with a new set expensive golf clubs or custom pool cue is a pro. Sometimes people just buy high level, tricked out chars for WoW or Everquest that don't know how to play the game. Given that he was insistent that this "new" Counterbalance-Top combo didn't work, during trading when there was no advantage for him to do so, I'm not leaning towards bad faith.
The TJC* hypothesis has gone oddly unmentioned, so let me put a remedy to that.
(* = Two Jerks Colliding)
I <3 u MTGTHESOURCE
This has been one of the best stories ever told because I actually agree with Infamous.
Maj you really should refrain from beating on 24 year olds. It's just not nice.
I didn't even get to read the story and this thread still brings the lols.