-
[Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 Entry
As promised at our last event,
Knight Ware Inc in Studio City, CA is holding a Sanctioned Legacy tournament on Sunday June 26, 2011 at 1:00 PM
This will be one of our Fixed Prize Legacy events.
Based upon the input from our poll,
start time will be 1:00 PM and REL will be Competitive
Phil Thorson (L2) has agreed to head judge
If anyone else wants to help floor judge, please contact me
Entry Fee $20 if paid before 12:30 PM (we open at 11 am)
after 12:30 PM $25
I have seats / table space for 70 players.
Please show up early if you can
Prize Pool
Current Prize Pool
all Duals are revised
2x Badlands (EX)
2x Bayou (NM- and Fine)
2x Plateau (EX+)
2x Savannah (EX/EX-)
2x Scrubland (EX+/EX)
2x Scrubland (EX/EX-)
2x Taiga (EX / EX-)
2x Tropical Island (EX)
2x Tundra (EX/EX+)
1x Tundra (EX/EX-)
2x Underground Sea (Fine)
2x Volcanic Island (NM and EX / EX+)
Prizes will be based on attendance
8-24 people prizes to top 4 only (we may do a swiss + 1 at this level)
25-32 people prizes to top 8
33-40 top 9
41-45 top 10
46-50 top 10 and 1 random
51+ top 10 and 2 randoms
71 players max
Where
Knight Ware Inc.
3709 Cahuenga Blvd. West
Studio City, CA. 91604
(818) 769-7830
http://www.knight-ware.com
When
Sunday June 26, 2011
Store opens at 11 AM
Registration anytime after that and before 1:00 PM
(casual play before the tourney is most welcome, bring your EDH, vintage, etc.)
Tournament at 1:00 PM
Entry Fee $20 if paid before 12:30 PM (we open at 11 am)
[b]after 12:30 PM $25
Format:
Legacy
REL Competitive
Decklists Required
8-24 players, we may do a swiss + 1 with no cut
25-32 players, 5 rounds cut T8
33-64 players 6 rounds cut T8
65-71 players 7 rounds cut T8
first place, first pick, second place, second pick and so on
WER (Wizards Event Reporter) standings just prior to the cut will be used to determine 3rd/4th and 5th-8th
Parking
Parking is the main reason most of our larger events are on Sundays
Behind the store there are numbered spaces.
Knight Ware has spaces 9, 10, and 11
but
on Sundays, 2 of our 3 neighbors are usually closed
Sun Cafe (spaces 7 and 8 - the ones on either side of the telephone pole)
is now open on Sunday, please don’t park there
The streets are metered but not checked on Sundays
The first street to the west of us is Lankersheim Blvd..
On Lankersheim to the south there is unregulated street parking
Just west of Lankersheim (north side of the street) is an open lot that says
additional MTA parking. It does not get used much on the weekends
unless the hollywood bowl is running something and then there will be signs
any questions, post, call or email me
thanks
Lori Saul
Knight Ware Inc.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
YES YES YES YES
I am here.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Time to start bumping and prepping for this event. I'll be there as well.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
I am looking forward to this, as always. I have already threatened to play storm combo, namely No Pants Tendrils as made famous by Jesse Jackson. Or maybe it was Liam Kane. Can't remember.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
I am looking forward to this, as always. I have already threatened to play storm combo, namely No Pants Tendrils as made famous by Jesse Jackson. Or maybe it was Liam Kane. Can't remember.
TNT.
I don't know if I'm going to be playing in this event, I might just do a one man coverage.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
What should I prepare to face? What have the masses been playing?
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Last tournament there was an insane amount of SFM decks, fewer Landstill, and about half a dozen Dredge/Affinity players.
Up in the air.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
rukcus
Last tournament there was an insane amount of SFM decks, fewer Landstill, and about half a dozen Dredge/Affinity players.
Up in the air.
You forget: SFM is Landstill now.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Antonius
You forget: SFM is Landstill now.
You're mistaken. BUG/Deedstill is not SFM, and not all UWx Landstill run SFM (altho they probably should).
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
There has been a high presence of elves, affinity and dredge amidst the uprising of SFMstill, SFMaggro, BUGstill, BUGcontrol, and the usual merfolk. Combo has been eerily quiet for LA.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
There has been a high presence of elves, affinity and dredge amidst the uprising of SFMstill, SFMaggro, BUGstill, BUGcontrol, and the usual merfolk. Combo has been eerily quiet for LA.
Blame Misstep
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
Blame Misstep
I dont really mind so much. I am working on a couple new decks.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
Blame Misstep
Run and hide, it's the boogey man!
Counterbalance went on vacation and all the combo players can't seem to get off the couch...
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
keys
Run and hide, it's the boogey man!
Counterbalance went on vacation and all the combo players can't seem to get off the couch...
Touché! The obvious solution to MM is to play a combodeck that doesn't rely on 1cc spells.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
rukcus
Touché! The obvious solution to MM is to play a combodeck that doesn't rely on 1cc spells.
Naturally. Like Goblin Charbelcher. Muah Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Ok enough of that.
Time to get off the couch. Combo it shall be.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Anyone have 4 Aluren and 4 Imperial Recruiters that I can borrow? :wink:
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
keys
Run and hide, it's the boogey man!
Counterbalance went on vacation and all the combo players can't seem to get off the couch...
Counterbalance isn't as big of an issue as Team America and other blue Hymn decks.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
There has been a high presence of elves, affinity and dredge amidst the uprising of SFMstill, SFMaggro, BUGstill, BUGcontrol, and the usual merfolk. Combo has been eerily quiet for LA.
Who plays elves other than me?! Haha....
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Tru3z3rox
Who plays elves other than me?! Haha....
I do on occasion, when I suspect people forget that the deck exists.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
rukcus
I do on occasion, when I suspect people forget that the deck exists.
Its the only time he consistently does well.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
Its the only time he consistently does well.
You seem to have smoked too much dank today. You're ignoring the Mox Sapphire tournament and SCG San Jose, both of which were achieved using Bant.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
rukcus
You seem to have smoked too much dank today. You're ignoring the Mox Sapphire tournament and SCG San Jose, both of which were achieved using Bant.
The Mox tournament I will give you. I thought you just Top 32'd at San Jose?
But you have won/Top 8'd more tournaments with Llanowar Elves than without.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
The Mox tournament I will give you. I thought you just Top 32'd at San Jose?
But you have won/Top 8'd more tournaments with Llanowar Elves than without.
LED UG VV doesn't count. It was a Survival deck ;)
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
rukcus
I do on occasion, when I suspect people forget that the deck exists.
Elves ^2
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
I want 4 elf decks in the top 8. And then to be one of the other 4.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
I want 4 elf decks in the top 8. And then to be one of the other 4.
I will be playing ConTroll - complete with Opposition, Deranged Hermit*, and Treachery.
*Edit - Hermit Druid is bannido.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
I want 4 elf decks in the top 8. And then to be one of the other 4.
Unless they're all running 4x mindbreak trap mainboard. Hmmm..the ideas are flowing.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
I want 4 elf decks in the top 8. And then to be one of the other 4.
You aren't dreaming big enough. We have 6 Elf decks with you and me on opposite sides of the bracket so we can split the finals.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Tru3z3rox
Unless they're all running 4x mindbreak trap mainboard. Hmmm..the ideas are flowing.
I am down for that. Not all combo is storm combo, and storm combo is full of duress.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
You aren't dreaming big enough. We have 6 Elf decks with you and me on opposite sides of the bracket so we can split the finals.
I want two affinity decks in the other two spots, and otherwise yes.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Can't wait for this tournament!
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Seems that the one pm start time is going to prevent me from being able to play. Good luck everyone.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
Seems that the one pm start time is going to prevent me from being able to play. Good luck everyone.
Do you want to show up late and help judge?
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
saspook
Do you want to show up late and help judge?
Or show up late, and become an enabler ;)
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
I'm going to expect a few dredgers this tourney
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
saspook
Do you want to show up late and help judge?
That sounds reasonable to me. There is a slim chance I can get there by one, and if I do I will play, but the likelihood is I will be there just before two.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
With all the dredge running around I guess my dreams of playing Landstill in a tournament should remain as such.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
This is tomorrow.
Remember 1 pm start time
Who wants those seas?
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Krieg
This is tomorrow.
Remember 1 pm start time
Who wants those seas?
I think I am going to be playing, so I will take 'em off your hands.
-
Re: [Tournament] Sunday June 26, 2011 Los Angeles, CA Knight Ware 2x each dual $20 En
62 players, good job los angeles. Top 8 featured some real powerhouses, including three of us that made top 8 at SCG LA.
Alex Kwan (maverick) and Kevin Koga (aggro loam) split the finals, with myself finishing third with 4 horsemen and Shai Shaham finishing fourth with B/W. Other decks in top 8 were Liam Kane with ANT, Mark with NO RUG, and I am unsure but I understand one of the last two was Hive Mind.
Report to come. Congrats everyone.