-
MTG DeaLS, Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Legacy Tournament to take place at MTG Deals on Sunday, Aug 28, 2011.
Address
702 S. Del Mar Ave, STE B
San Gabriel, CA 91776
Sign-Up Starts @ 12pm
Tournament Begins @ 1pm
Entry fee is going to be $20 if you're pre-registered on Facebook, RSVP here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=241217465917571 and have a decklist ready, otherwise it's going to be $25.
Our Facebook url is http://www.facebook.com/mtgdeals and the decklist can be obtained here http://www.feralevents.com/decksheet.pdf
Prize Pool for Top 8 to choose from.
(For 40+ participants)
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6795167_n.jpg
Random Giveaways
-Once Top 8 is decided, one random prize will be given out. You don't need to play all of the rounds to receive the random giveaways, but you do need to be there when they're being given out.
Side Events
*8 Man Legacy Win-A-Box (Entry $12.00)
-Every time we have 8 people we will will start another 8 Man Legacy Win-A-Box
-Prize will be M12 Booster Box
*8 man M12 Booster Draft (Entry $12.00)
-Single elimination
-5-3-2-2 prize payout
If you should have any other questions please give us a call @ 626-614-5919
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
So the only way to preregister is by attending the Facebook event?
So telling you I'm coming on The Source isn't good enough?
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
So the only way to preregister is by attending the Facebook event?
So telling you I'm coming on The Source isn't good enough?
I was thinking the same thing. Its bad enough that I am friends with Magic, now I have to tell every girl I know I am wasting a Sunday playing a game? How will I ever convince them its really just about drugs?
Fuck it I will RSVP there if I must.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
I'll be making it out for dis.
I scrubbed out at KW and looking to make up for it. :T
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
everythingitouchdies
How will I ever convince them its really just about drugs?
Love this.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Anyone in the West LA area able to give me a ride to this?
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
I'll be there. You should totally give me a bye for coming last Saturday to an empty store. :DD
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
So, I think the biggest question that the people have for this, it what will take it down, Esper Stonebanned or No Prize Bant?
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
So, I think the biggest question that the people have for this, it what will take it down, Esper Stonebanned or No Prize Bant?
I'm starting feel like Vidi should get royalties every time we repeat that joke...
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Antonius
I'm starting feel like Vidi should get royalties every time we repeat that joke...
I'm white, part of that means stealing ideas and innovations from minorities.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
I'm white, part of that means stealing ideas and innovations from minorities.
This is some serious SHIT!
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
I'm white, part of that means stealing ideas and innovations from minorities.
damn, I forgot about that racial ability.
Next time I get a chance to re-roll, I should definitely think about being white.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Antonius
damn, I forgot about that racial ability.
Next time I get a chance to re-roll, I should definitely think about being white.
Being white was one of the smartest decisions I ever made. I have gotten away with some pretty ridiculous shit.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
I guess I've got to make it here to get a hold of my prizes from the last tournament.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Ready for this shit. See you villains Sunday.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
2Rach
GL to everyone who goes!
Are you not going?
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
2Rach
GL to everyone who goes!
There's another Mox you can win, you should come and duke it out!
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
Are you not going?
Of course I'm going, that's why everyone needs good luck!
Seriously though, no. Aunt's birthday, family and homemade cooking beats out Mox and free sauna.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
People need luck because I am going to pilot a real deck for once.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
I need uh ride. Anyone wanna help a brotha out?
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
2Rach
Of course I'm going, that's why everyone needs good luck!
Seriously though, no. Aunt's birthday, family and homemade cooking beats out Mox and free sauna.
:laugh: It will get better once summer ends.
-
Re: $$~MTG DeaLS~$$ Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
1st-8th: Aggro Loam, No Prize Bant, Reanimator, Merfolk, Reanimator, BW Deadguy, Zoo, The Gate.
Lists are up here. A full tourney report is in the works.
-
Re: MTG DeaLS, Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Grats to Brandon and Jason, who totally ate my face en route to top 8's.
I'm really interested in the Merfolk deck and how stifle worked out for him.
-
Re: MTG DeaLS, Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Stifle rocked some people's worlds, especially if they were playing Stoneforge Mystic. But it didn't do much in my hardest matchups: Zoo and Loam. Submerge was surprisingly disappointing, although I didn't play against any NO decks. Jitte is definitely moving to the board and possibly to the binder.
Phantasmal Image, OTOH, was a rock star. I'll take a second one of any of my fish for 1U over Merfolk Sovereign. The fact I got to Vial it in with Emrakul on the board was just icing.
-
Re: MTG DeaLS, Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Jacob
Stifle rocked some people's worlds, especially if they were playing Stoneforge Mystic. But it didn't do much in my hardest matchups: Zoo and Loam. Submerge was surprisingly disappointing, although I didn't play against any NO decks. Jitte is definitely moving to the board and possibly to the binder.
Phantasmal Image, OTOH, was a rock star. I'll take a second one of any of my fish for 1U over Merfolk Sovereign. The fact I got to Vial it in with Emrakul on the board was just icing.
Jitte was pathetic for me. I can't believe I took it out for spell pierce.
Phantasmal is just awesome too. Copying an extra copy of cursecatcher or another lord of atlantis to race. Even a goyf to block.
Merfolk still doesn't have answers to Stoneforge decks. Maybe a second copy of thread of disloyalty over the submerge?
How did the coralhelm commanders work for you? I find it to be very very lackluster. Maybe even enough to get rid of it for sovereigns.
-
Re: MTG DeaLS, Legacy tournament, Sunday, 8/28/2011
Coralhelm might become a 2 or 3. It is great late game, but mostly a bear early. Especially with keeping mana open for Stifle, Wasteland, or to animate Mutavault. Just having one open for Stifle scares people into playing all sorts of stupid.
Stifle did a pretty good job against Mystic for me. Remember, you can Stifle the Living Weapon trigger, equip and the damage trigger on swords.
I have been considering Threads. There is always Sower, but I generally would rather have an Image in every instance I can think of. I am probably going to try some out of the blue (sorry, had to make the pun) ideas. Something like Act of Aggression could be a complete blow out in some circumstances. Especially if they are hoping to Pyroblast you.