Originally Posted by
TeenieBopper
You're right, I'm not being objective. I'm also not trying to be, at least not totally. I'm not criticizing the fact that Goblins isn't in there, I'm criticizing the system because Goblins should be there.
The prior DTB system was flawed in that it was almost entirely subjective. What I"m saying is the current system is flawed in that it's entirely objective. A better system, like most things, lies somewhere in the middle. I like the idea of objectivity, it's good to remove bias from the equation. However, when a situation arises where there is a deck that will be played more than any other at a large event, and that deck has an even at worst match up against the majority of the field, and it's not included in a forum that says "hey, these are the decks you're going to have to be able to beat at a large event," then I think it's reasonable to say, "you know what? Maybe the system is mistaken right here. Let's step in and fix this."
This isn't 10 land stompy we're talking about. This is Goblins. You can't ignore it by saying "well, my deck is fundamentally better, so I'll just win." If your deck can't beat Goblins, you're going to scrub out of a large event. It just astounds me that a deck that has an even to favorable match up against 85% of the decks posted in the DTB forum isn't itself a DTB.