-
Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
etrigan
So this post got me thinking, what if they made a MTG movie based on a particular cycle. The Weatherlight Saga would be cool and the entire wrath cycle might work too. I figure that can't do any worse than the D & D movie, Right?
So what MTG cycle do you think would make for a good movie and who do you think would play the character's?
I would say the whole Weatherlight Saga would be sweet. They could get Russell Crow or Colin Farrell to play Gerrard and Drew Barrymore or Joelle Carter to play Hanna. Sisay could be played by Kate Beckingsale or Amanda Peet. The rest of the cast is tough, Karn could be CGI'ed of just someone in a suit and the same for Yawgmoth...
Discuss...
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
There's a story? I just like playing with cardboard.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Sacearuse
So this post got me thinking, what if they made a MTG movie based on a particular cycle. The Weatherlight Saga would be cool and the entire wrath cycle might work too. I figure that can't do any worse than the D & D movie, Right?
So what MTG cycle do you think would make for a good movie and who do you think would play the character's?
I would say the whole Weatherlight Saga would be sweet. They could get Russell Crow or Colin Farrell to play Gerrard and Drew Barrymore or Joelle Carter to play Hanna. Sisay could be played by Kate Beckingsale or Amanda Peet. The rest of the cast is tough, Karn could be CGI'ed of just someone in a suit and the same for Yawgmoth...
Discuss...
There was a really old Inquest article, maybe from like 1995?... where it casts cards. If I remember right, some of the casting was... Prodigal Sorceror: Patrick Stewart, Serra Angel: Sharon Stone...
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Tony Shalhoub to play Urza.
"You have to have exactly one of each of those..."
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Inquest also did a April Fool's Magic: The Movie poster. Gerrard was played by Brad Pitt, Squee was played by Jim Carey and Karn was Arnold Schwarzanager (Sp?). They had the whole Weatherlight crew but I don't remember anyone else and can't find the poster online...
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
n00bas4urus_r3x
Inquest also did a April Fool's Magic: The Movie poster. Gerrard was played by Brad Pitt, Squee was played by Jim Carey and Karn was Arnold Schwarzanager (Sp?). They had the whole Weatherlight crew but I don't remember anyone else and can't find the poster online...
I will have to look this up, I have every Inquest from 1 through like 90...If I find it I will post it...
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
I started a topic a long time ago about this very subject (seems to have been archived, though if a mod wants to find it that's cool). I came to the conclusion that Sean Connery (from the Rock) should play Urza, and Liam Neeson (from Batman Begins) would make for an excellent Mishra in a movie about the Brother's War. We had a bunch of others too, I'll see if I can remember them.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
n00bas4urus_r3x
Inquest also did a April Fool's Magic: The Movie poster. Gerrard was played by Brad Pitt, Squee was played by Jim Carey and Karn was Arnold Schwarzanager (Sp?). They had the whole Weatherlight crew but I don't remember anyone else and can't find the poster online...
I remember that poster, I used to have it. Unfortunately I can't remember the other actors, but I remember they also had Hanna, Mirri, and I think Crovax on the poster. Crovax or Starke, I can't remember.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
What next, Joseph Marcell as Agrus Kos? Chris Kataan as Meloku? Apollo Anton Ono as Ixidor? Mr. T as the voice of Tarmogoyf?
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dilettante
Chris Kataan as Meloku?
Hells yes. Making mini Chris Kataans. I can see it now; Kami Block: The Movie.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
This thread disgusts me. Carry on.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bovinious
This thread disgusts me. Carry on.
You've finally managed to capture the feeling of the rest of the site, every time we see you post. Congrats.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
I say, cast the pros as the characters. Finkle could be Urza, Mahar Gerrard. Or just film them when they find out that there is magic storyline, their reactions should be priceless.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Krikkit
I say, cast the pros as the characters. Finkle could be Urza, Mahar Gerrard. Or just film them when they find out that there is magic storyline, their reactions should be priceless.
Sounds more like a punishment than a reward... Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0zxVkTH6A
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dilettante
Fuck, who cares about pre-tempest lore anyways? We all know that's when it started picking up...and staying...for a lot of blocks...then changing...then going back to it...
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Krikkit
Fuck, who cares about pre-tempest lore anyways? We all know that's when it started picking up...and staying...for a lot of blocks...then changing...then going back to it...
Would you want to act in that? :) Due to the gender ratios of MTG champs, there would be more cross-dressing than in an authentic Shakespearian play.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dilettante
Mr. T as the voice of Tarmogoyf?
Wow....just....wow :)
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
definitely the weatherlight/rath/invasion cycle with gerrard and co. it's maybe the most fleshed out storyline there is, along with urza maybe. but urza is kinda lame (I'm not familiar at all with the new sets (meaning, not anything after odyssey) background story) but I doubt they're as developed as the weatherlight crew
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Lucy Pinder as Argothian Enchantress
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Jesse Hatfield as Countryside crusher.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Wait, who's gonna play Tarmogoyf?
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lonelybaritone
Lucy Pinder as Argothian Enchantress
Seconded.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
I dunno - the Weatherlight Saga is quite fleshed out, but isn't it kinda boring if we all know exactly what's happening? As much as I love the Weatherlight Saga, I would prefer a more open story, maybe something based on Ravnica (although, that ghost thing is retarded).
Quote:
Originally Posted by
DragoFireheart
Wait, who's gonna play Tarmogoyf?
http://www.davinciinstitute.com/new/...oads/rosie.jpg
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
zulander
Jesse Hatfield as Countryside crusher.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...nder/photo.jpg
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Di
I remember that poster, I used to have it. Unfortunately I can't remember the other actors, but I remember they also had Hanna, Mirri, and I think Crovax on the poster. Crovax or Starke, I can't remember.
I thought it was (and it was around 1997 that this poster showed up):
(pictured in the poster)
Sisay - Sara Michelle Gellar (or some other white chick, maybe Hanna?)
Squee - Jim Carrey
Karn - Arnold Schwarzeneggar
2 other weatherlight characters - 2 other big name people photo-shopped in
(not pictured but written on the poster)
Gerrard - Will Smith (?)
Urza - Sean Connery
Soundtrack by U2 or REM or something.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
haha I found the poster...
From left to right its: Karn- Arnold; Gerrard- Brad Pitt; some chic- Sarah Michelle Gellar; and Squee- Jim Carrey
says Magic the Motion Picture and has Corvax walking towards a sunset underneath the movie title.
with DOLPH LUNDGREN as Corvax SEAN CONNERY as Urza and TIM CURRY as Juzam Djinn
music by N'SYNC, REM, DEVO
costum design by JIM HENSON PROD
hopefully someone with a scanner is able to post it, its pretty lol.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
Sure is fugly enough to fit the role of Tarmogoyf.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
DragoFireheart
Sure is fugly enough to fit the role of Tarmogoyf.
That - and always huge.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
That - and always huge.
ROFL
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Even though I loved the weatherlight saga I think it would be funner to take all the money I would pay for the movie exchange it into pennies at a large sum then throw them at mentally handicapped orphan babies. You know what that seems like fun I am going off to do it right now. Accident get the Dank Tank.
-
Re: Who would Play who in a MTG movie?
Axl Rose would play Eron the Relentless and Matthew Perry would be Chandler!!