Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,461 to 1,472 of 1472

Thread: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Re: [Deck] Imperial Painter

Quote Originally Posted by lambert101 View Post
    @ Hollywood

Do you have a current list for today's meta?

@ Everyone else
    Been brewing the following (used abreviations)

Main:

4 Ancient tombs
    3 City of Traitors
    9 Mountains
    5 Red Fetchs

4 S. Spirtguide
    4 Recruiter
    2 Magus of the Moon
    4 Painter
    1 Welder
    1 Spellskite
    1 P metamorph

4 grindstone
    3 Top
    3 Magma Jet
    3 Pyroblast
    3 ReB
    4 Blood Moon
    2 ensnaring bridge

Board:
    4 T. Crypt
    2 ensnaring bridge
    3 Surgical extraction
    2 Witchbane Orb
    4 chalice of the void

I donnot like chalice either, and Witchbane Orb is for the combo? it seems your meta is full of dredge
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Feb 2008
    NYC

I think 7 cards that hit the graveyard is entirely reasonable. It's not so much that dredge is good( it isn't) or that it is played that often( mainly played by bad pilots or people that think entirely too highly of themselves), but it is a deck that you should be able to handle all the time. The graveyard hate is really important for other decks though and gives you fighting chances against show and tell and other Eldrazi decks. These cards allow you to win, while ensnaring bridge allows you to live. Both are important aspects but totally different. I think the real question is should you run ensnaring bridges or something to fight faster combos like trinisphere. Nobody on this board has given a convincing argument or results for actually fighting Eldrazi consistently. I feel like tendrils is a toss up right now and I can live with that as trinisphere doesn't do too much to slide it in your favor. Belcher is a nightmare, jacks martyr deck not withstanding. For me bumping up random aggro and slowing show and tell down is where I want to take my board. Any thoughts?

Seth
    …no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by sroncor1 View Post
    I think 7 cards that hit the graveyard is entirely reasonable. It's not so much that dredge is good( it isn't) or that it is played that often( mainly played by bad pilots or people that think entirely too highly of themselves), but it is a deck that you should be able to handle all the time. The graveyard hate is really important for other decks though and gives you fighting chances against show and tell and other Eldrazi decks. These cards allow you to win, while ensnaring bridge allows you to live. Both are important aspects but totally different. I think the real question is should you run ensnaring bridges or something to fight faster combos like trinisphere. Nobody on this board has given a convincing argument or results for actually fighting Eldrazi consistently. I feel like tendrils is a toss up right now and I can live with that as trinisphere doesn't do too much to slide it in your favor. Belcher is a nightmare, jacks martyr deck not withstanding. For me bumping up random aggro and slowing show and tell down is where I want to take my board. Any thoughts?

Seth
    do you consider mindbreak trap? maybe add some mindbreak trap along with trinisphere or thorn? And what do you prepare for elves? I think it is really popular right now and the mu is unfavorable although most elves donnot have Eldrazi anymore.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    do you consider mindbreak trap? maybe add some mindbreak trap along with trinisphere or thorn? And what do you prepare for elves? I think it is really popular right now and the mu is unfavorable although most elves donnot have Eldrazi anymore.

If you were going to play mindbreak trap why not just play leyline which has applications against a much wider variety of decks? Storm isn't that terrible of a matchup for us, like Seth said.

Elves isn't terrible either (no emrakul versions obviously). They are splashing for 1-2 colors with minimal basics so Moon slows them down a ton. If they establish themselves with a few mana elves then you use Painter and blasts to stop their combo and survive as long as possible to find the grindstone. Jaya is sick. Or just add Martyr in addition to Jaya like I do and nuke all their creatures.

@Lambert
    looking over your decklist again you will want some recruitable artifact destruction somewhere in your 75

Re: Show and tell
    Sure there are a bunch of different show and tell decks but they all run at least Emrakul so you can overlap there. I think the only show and tell deck its really possible to be favorable against is sneak and show since bridge stops all their plans but I will leave that up for discussion. I think Koth is the best win-con against Show and Tell since you can take out the grindstones and just play the hard aggro-control route

been brewing with my last list and keeping the main the same with the following board which I want to test sometime:
    4 T Crypt
    3 Surgical
    4 Thorn
    This package can come in against combo and the yard hate could be used against threshold/ snapcaster mage/ goyf/ and Knights

The last 4 spots I have no idea...I was even thinking 4 Bolts for against aggro

Feb 2008
    NYC

To be honest I would not board in graveyard hate against those decks. You don't need it as you are already strong against them and bridges or addition removal will serve you better. Graveyard hate is really only important against dredge, reanimator, and decks that abuse loam (although moon is just better there). The reason I stress 7-8 graveyard cards is that against those decks they are complete houses and they give you splash effect against eldrazi.

I personally haven't had much success using grave yard hate against combo. Maybe in the high tide match up but otherwise I fell like it dilutes your strategy, isn't as strong of disruption as you already have, and overall doesn't help much. I don't really think mind break trap should be here either.

About elves, it's a shitty deck. It pops up every once in a while though. It's hard to impossible to go the aggro root against them. You need to combo so treat them like any deck with eldrazi minus the fact that you shouldn't see them at the top tables and their combo is a lot softer.

I really stress this fact, you can't meta game against everything. Certain decks you just have to hope to dodge. Plan to adapt to a few key strategies and try to break every deck down into one of those strategies so you can attack it. Don't worry about shitty decks. Yes they can be really strong against us but most often bad players are playing them and they don't get far.

Seth
    …no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Magma Jet is becoming more a pain than its worth...Also chrome mox seems to have too much disadvantage then what it is worth. Going to test the following tonight. Let me know your thoughts.

4 Blood Moon
    1 Lotus Petal
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Grindstone
    3 Pyroblast
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Ensnaring Bridge

4 Imperial Recruiter
    2 Magus of the Moon
    1 Goblin Welder
    4 Painter's Servant
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Spellskite

3 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Wooded Foothills
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    8 Mountain

Board:
    4 Surgical Extraction
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Manic Vandal
    2 Pyroclasm
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Koth of the Hammer

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

You can also think about bringing in some graveyard hate against storm decks. It depends largely on what cards you're packing in your maindeck and sideboard, but it's possible that graveyard hate can become more useful than certain other cards in your maindeck. The main cards that you can hit are cabal ritual, ill-gotten gains, and past in flames. This will turn off all of their card engines except for ad nauseam, which is the worst one, especially if you run lightning bolt. It should also work great against the new hybrid reanimator/storm decks using griselbrand.

I usually like to keep in the moon effects against storm, so it can be hard to find stuff to take out for graveyard hate. I also agree that you probably shouldn't bring in graveyard hate against snapcaster mage, knight of the reliquary, or stuff like that because you already have a good matchup against those cards. The only reason I consider bringing it in against storm is because it is one of the harder matchups and a lot of your other cards become dead.

Feb 2008
    Houston, TX

Hey y'all, just a heads up - I'm going to start a new iPainter thread. I finally finished a primer that will hopefully consolidate some of the important deck info and encourage more discussion.

Be sure to post a link when it happens :)

Quote Originally Posted by DrewliusMaximus View Post
    Hey y'all, just a heads up - I'm going to start a new iPainter thread. I finally finished a primer that will hopefully consolidate some of the important deck info and encourage more discussion.
    Awesome!

Feb 2008
    Houston, TX

Thread Information