Thread: Kiki-jiki, mirror breaker

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Kiki-jiki, mirror breaker

I'm wondering how the cleanup step works on this. Is it possible at the end of your opponent's cleanup step to use kiki-jiki's ability to make a token of a creature (say a goblin piledriver) so that you get that token on your turn. I've seen this used to make 2 copies of piledriver that were able to attack with the original.

I'm just wondering if this works.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Re: Kiki-jiki, mirror breaker

It works thanks to the difference between "at end of turn" and "until end of turn." Somebody can probably whip up the Comp Rules quote for ya if you really want it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I'm wondering how the cleanup step works on this. Is it possible at the end of your opponent's cleanup step to use kiki-jiki's ability to make a token of a creature (say a goblin piledriver) so that you get that token on your turn. I've seen this used to make 2 copies of piledriver that were able to attack with the original.

I'm just wondering if this works.
    No one can play anything at the Cleanup Step unless something triggers off something that happened in that step. You mean the End of Turn Step.
    Keep moon-walking.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiminho View Post
    No one can play anything at the Cleanup Step unless something triggers off something that happened in that step. You mean the End of Turn Step.
    Sorry. Yes, this is what I meant. I think I forgot the clean up step happens before the End of Turn Step (which seems silly now since End of Turn should be at the end of the turn).

The end of turn step happens before the cleanup step. Abilities that trigger "at the end of the turn" trigger during the end of turn step; effects that last "until the end of the turn" go away during the cleanup step.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Sorry. Yes, this is what I meant. I think I forgot the clean up step happens before the End of Turn Step (which seems silly now since End of Turn should be at the end of the turn).
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    The end of turn step happens before the cleanup step. Abilities that trigger "at the end of the turn" trigger during the end of turn step; effects that last "until the end of the turn" go away during the cleanup step.
    Woops. Then I was right the first time, but I guess I just glossed over the fact that some things trigger and others are just state effects. That clears it up, thanks.

Thread Information