Thread: Millennium Games in Rochester

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Millennium Games in Rochester

With my little Newark store dead and closed, I haven't played Magic in like 3 months and the jones is creeping up.

I think that the next closest place to me is Millennium Games. I checked on their website and supposedly they hold Legacy tournies. However, the store is about 40 minutes away from me. I sorta feel that if I'm going to drive 40 minutes, I might as well make it a full 1 1/2 drive and hit up Syracuse and see ppl I at least know at stores I know I like (I'm not saying anything bad about Millennium - I've just never been there).

Sooooo, the point of the thread is to tell me about Millennium. Is there an actual Legacy scene? Is it worth going there for the pre-release? Who goes to it? etc.

(If you got something negative to say about it, at least keep it polite).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Sep 2005
    Buffalo

Re: Millennium Games in Rochester

Legacy at Millennium died when the owner fired Chuck (cdr) and legacy tournaments began at a nearby store called Boldo's Armory. Then those tournaments stopped, and no one has played legacy in Rochester since.
    Team Unicorn: We'll Go Nuts On Your Ass. If you catch my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    Oh, child Phil Stolze. You have changed me, fundamentally.

Bryant Cook

This sounds a lot like what happened in 'Cuse.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Well, is there anything going on at Millenium?

We're doing GP playtesting at Boldo's on Saturdays right now, but yeah, if you want a tournament, you'd have to hit Auburn or Syracuse.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.”
    -David DeLaney

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    We're doing GP playtesting at Boldo's on Saturdays right now, but yeah, if you want a tournament, you'd have to hit Auburn or Syracuse.
    What time? I may be desperate enough to show up and sling a few cards.

Is it also worth it to go to Boldo's for the prerelease or should I hit Millenium for that? Or should I say screw em both and grace Cuse with my presence?

I would go to Cuse for prere, probably. Boldo's is decent but it's a small shop and has a small shop mentality some people might not like.

PMed you with testing details.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.”
    -David DeLaney

Banned
    Aug 2007
    I wish I didn't live in New Jersey.

@Matt I sent you a PM

@ Millennium: Anybody else. I might actually be in Rochester this Sunday is it worth stopping by? Me and my GF might show up and could play but it would really suck if there is literally nothing going on. Maybe I'll stop by and just see whats up.

@ Playing Magic: If you live anywhere near Wayne County let me know. Because I've got a car going to Auburns two Legacy tournaments (in a row at two diff shops) every Saturday. We Leave around 12-12:30 and play in magic Tournys all day till around 10pm. We usually finish up the day hanging out a bit at a pizza shop and then go home. :-) Fun times. PM Me if your interested.

@ Cuse: What's the attendance at the weekly legacy tournys @ the mall?

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by darkalucard View Post
    @ Cuse: What's the attendance at the weekly legacy tournys @ the mall?
    Inconsistent. This sunday was 7 people, weekend before 18.

Sep 2007
    Rochacha, NY

At some point in the near future Millennium is supposed to be starting once a month legacy tourneys for playsets of Fetches if I'm not mistaken. I'll try and get more info up as it gets developed.
    When nothing remains, everything is equally possible.

Old School
    Jan 2004
    Rotterdam, NY otherwise known as the 1.5 Capital

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Inconsistent. This sunday was 7 people, weekend before 18.
    So wait let me get this straight, Albany is the Best place in NY to have a weekly Legacy Tourney. I-RON-IC.
    Mythic Rogue Deck Builder
    Team Freshly Baked Crayons
    Team Albany

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

I was gonna try and get people from Geneseo to make it to tournaments in Rochester, Millenium or elsewhere, but a playset of fetches sounds worth driving for. If I'm ever gonna go Matt, I'll let you know.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher487 View Post
    So wait let me get this straight, Albany is the Best place in NY to have a weekly Legacy Tourney. I-RON-IC.
    Your city still sucks.

Jun 2008
    Central NY

Your city still sucks.
    +1

On a side note.. I should be in Syracuse this Sunday.

Dec 2008
    Waterloo, NY

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithNothing View Post
    At some point in the near future Millennium is supposed to be starting once a month legacy tourneys for playsets of Fetches if I'm not mistaken. I'll try and get more info up as it gets developed.
    This is what I heard tonight too, no idea if its true or not.

And I play every Friday in Seneca Falls. Its a small shop Ive been going to for years, it may not be everyone's cup of tea but I like going there.

Dec 2003
    Rochester, NY (Brighton)

Quote Originally Posted by darkalucard View Post
    @ Millennium: Anybody else. I might actually be in Rochester this Sunday is it worth stopping by? Me and my GF might show up and could play but it would really suck if there is literally nothing going on. Maybe I'll stop by and just see whats up.
    If you want to play t2 we had 20 people or so last sunday. Prizes are pretty nice and competition is pretty bad. I don't think there are any legacy tournaments here anymore though.

if it was consistent tourney at boldo's or millennium, i know 3 other and myself who would show up for a weekly legacy

but right now it isnt worth it to go sundays because you only randomly have enough people for something meaningful

actually, we were just talking about this tuesday and this exact point came up

...at that moment I was a marine biologist.
    Nov 2003
    Albany

Your city still sucks.
    Smallbany does indeed suck. It is also humorous that NO one who plays in Albany actually lives in Albany(as far as I know).

Quote Originally Posted by legacyplayer0 View Post
    Legacy at Millennium died when the owner fired Chuck (cdr) and legacy tournaments began at a nearby store called Boldo's Armory.
    sounds pretty juicy and dramatic, is there an exciting backstory to this ?

None you're going to hear. I will say that I quit after I was fired - they asked me to come back and I said no.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information