Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1742

Thread: [Deck] Affinity

Dec 2012
    Rockville, MD

Re: [Deck] Affinity

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    For anyone adventurous with an affinity for Affinity...

Top 8 in a 98-person tournament a few days ago:

// Land (16)
    4 Ancient Den
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Glimmervoid
    4 Great Furnace

// Creature (21)
    4 Akiri, Line-Slinger
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    3 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    2 Pia Nalaar
    4 Vault Skirge

// Enchantment (4)
    4 Blood Moon

// Artifact (19)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cranial Plating
    2 Ghirapur Orrery
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Smuggler's Copter
    2 Springleaf Drum

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 2 Etched Champion
    SB: 3 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 2 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Wear // Tear
    SB: 1 Whipflare
    SB: 1 Ghirapur AEther Grid
    SB: 2 Winter Orb
    Is that supposed to be Ghirapur Orrery in the maindeck or Ghirapur AEther Grid?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

sorry for the delay. didn't realize someone else posted the japanese guy's list already.

it looks like orrery. with 4 blood moon and 4 chalice it's possible your opponent won't get to take advantage of the orrery, but it's possible you can recall every turn. grid in the sb with winter orb also looks pretty great.
    -rob

Went 3-1 at a small local tournament last night. Here's my half-remembered report.

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:21
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Etched Champion
    3 Master of Etherium

Spells:23
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Cranial Plating
    2 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    4 Thoughtcast

Lands:16
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Glimmervoid
    1 Great Furnace
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers

Sideboard:15
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Whipflare
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    3 Ensnaring Bridge

Round 1 vs Aluren:

Game One: I played through a bunch of Strix and removal. Managed to stay in the game with Daretti, Tezzeret and Ballista, even through a resolved Jace TMS. We were going even and I think things were about to swing in my favour but then he slammed Aluren and combo'd off. I figured he was on Shardless but no. Couldn't have done anything anyway.

Game Two: I board in three Canonist and three Revokers; out one each of my other creatures.
    I get turn one Canonist, turn two Master of Etherium. He gets turn one Dryad Arbour off GSZ and turn two Rec Sage on the Master, then plays Revoker naming the Cranial Plating I just laid on my turn 3. My next two natural draws are both more Cranial Platings, and that's all she wrote. Beat down by flyers.

0-1 matches
    0-2 games

Round 2 vs Elves:

Both games I landed Walking Ballista and Daretti and pinged a bunch of his creatures. Guy talked so much I literally forgot to board game two but it didn't matter. He landed Rec Sage both games but it was too late.

1-1 matches
    2-2 games

Round 3 vs Lands:

Game One I quickly deploy two Ravagers and Vault Skirge but he had a Punishing Fire for the Skirge, which I sac to Ravager. He drops Tabernacle on his third turn, and I sac one Ravager to make the other a 4/4 before dropping Plating. He never finds an answer.

Game Two I board in three Tormod's Crypt and three Revokers. I decide against boarding in Bridge because while it saves me from Marit Lage it slows me down, and I'm not winning the long game. Out with Darettis and Ballistas.
    Opponent drops two Sphere of Resistance in his first two turns but I'm able to play through it by paying for Moxes and Petals. He keeps himself slowed down enough that I get there through two Maze of Ith with Ornithopter, Skirge, Master and a Plating.

2-1 matches
    4-2 games

Round 4 vs Junk Depths

Game One I mull to five with no lands but a Mox opal. It's a playable hand with one land and I'm on the draw with a scry, so I keep it. Opponent leads on Thoughtseize and takes my Mox. I draw no mana and lose to a 20/20.

Game Two I board in 3x Tormod's Crypt, 2x Ensnaring Bridge, 3x Revoker. Out with 4x Chalice, 3x Master of Etherium, 1x Ravager

I start with Tomb, Petal, Mox, Ravager, Ornithopter. He Wastelands my land. I play another land and a Ravager; he Wastelands my land. Luckily, I'm having the opposite problem from last game and flooding out. He finally gets to his second land and Abrupt Decays a Ravager which I sac to the other to pump it by +2/+2. I swing for four next turn after sacrificing a land to Ravager. He plays Sylvan Library and Thoughtseize, tapping out at 14 life while I have a lone Ravager and an Ornithopter to attack. I topdeck Ballista and kill him by sacrificing everything to Ravager for a hit for 10, then moving counters to Ballista and pinging for 10.

Game Three was a long one. He plays Mox Diamond, Wasteland. I land Thopter plus Ravager early off Seat, Opal, Petal. He Wastelands my land. Next turn he plays a Sylvan Library. I play Ancient Tomb and Tezzeret, using his +1 and keeping Ornithopter, which I cast. He plays Vampire Hexmage and kills my Tezzeret. Same happens to a Daretti, but it at least took out a few creatures first. Opponent Deluged away my board at one point but Thoughtcast found me more beaters. I eventually had two Vault Skirge and two Ornithopter with a Plating. Opponent had two Mazes and delayed dying by keeping me off black so I couldn't move Plating as an instant. He actually Wasted his own Urborg at one point to keep me off black. Was pretty funny. He got his Lage the same turn I found a second black source and swung with four flyers. He couldn't stop all and died to the instant-speed attach.

3-1 matches
    6-3 games

Overall the deck is super fun. Unloading most of your hand on the first turn nearly always makes your opponent's eyes pop. Observations:

- Marit Lage is not exactly an all-star against Affinity due to all the flyers for chump-blocking and the ease of going over 20 life. They sometimes can't even attack you because you'd kill them on the backswing.
    - I had a lot of mulligans due to no lands or one land. Not sure I'd want to add more though. Flooding is really bad in this deck because you need every card you can get.
    - Thoughtcast is not fair. Miracles jumps through hoops to get two cards for two mana off Predict. We get two cards for one mana. Can't imagine not playing four.
    - Walking Ballista offers irreplacable utility. This deck easily gets to four mana so he can often ping every turn. The synergy with Ravager is potentially game ending.
    - This list plays a lot of bombs between the four Planeswalkers, three Master of Etherium, and four Cranial Plating; even Ravager and Ballista are sometimes must-answer. It's difficult for some decks to keep up, especially when you're clogging the board with free flyers and walls.
    - This deck makes trading cards tricky for the opponent. Killing Ballista will often result in him pinging an x/1 on the way out; Tezzeret replaces himself immediately; Ravager makes opposing removal a net positive (you go even 1-for-1 on cards but you get a +1/+1 counter); and Daretti takes out a relevant creature every turn until it dies.

That is all. May your Opals always find Metalcraft.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Re flooding/manascrew: (bl)inkmoth nexus like in Modern?

^
    Maybe. I'm not sure yet whether to chalk the mana screw up to variance. Deck would take some re-working if Blinkmoths or Inkmoths were added. One or two might be possible.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

My build a few months ago was pretty similar. Glad you tried a ballista build. Good idea with lotus petal, I didn't think about that one.

It looks like they take the place of the welding jars... Which whose value declined a lot after everyone stopped playing 4 Abrupt decay in every deck. (still good with ensnaring bridge though)

I think the mana is pretty rough to try to fit manlands in there, you would need to cut nonland cards for them.
    -rob

^
    If you posted it here I probably used your list as a base. Did you run Hangarback? I used to run Day's Undoing but found the newer lists to be more consistent. Lotus Petals were added instead of Springleaf Drum to increase velocity for the 2 and 3 mana spells, make Opal live more often on turn one, and remove all dissynergy with Chalice. In the same way, I swapped out Disciple of the Vault for Walking Ballista. Ballista isn't quite as good at killing the opponent, but more than makes up for it in board interaction. Daretti 2 was a card I've wanted to use since it was spoiled, and now combined with Ballista we have a decent removal suite in addition to a really fast clock. Deck's probably not going to win an Open but it's completely viable and super fun. The worst thing is that if it ever became popular, Stony Silence/Null Rod usually just beat you.

That RW list posted above mine looks awesome as well. Blood Moon is a card I thought of adding to the board if the lands-based matchups proved difficult.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

been a while since i've posted on this thread but wanted to try out a new build.

red affinity

4 arcbound ravager
    4 ornithopter
    4 vault skirge
    3 walking ballista
    3 etched champion

4 pia's revolution

4 galvanic blast
    2 Lightning Bolt

4 cranial plating
    4 mox opal
    3 springleaf drum
    3 urza's bauble
    1 lotus petal

4 tomb
    4 furnace
    4 darksteel citadel
    4 inkmoth nexus
    1 mountain

completely untested. the idea here is that affinity is already aggressive and has a ton of redundancy. the ability to play w/ galvanic blast and lightning bolt together should make pia's revolution an actual threat with ravager/bauble/petal and just in general being able to protect your guys.

would be interested in hearing thoughts.

the main bonus here is that the deck's mana base is more stable, since you don't have to reach for tezzeret and thoughtcast. i noticed when i lose w/ affinity it's usually due to not having the right colors at the right time.
    -rob

Hi @all affinity players. Have been silently following this thread for a bit. Seems to be not so many posts lately. Wanted to share my list and hear some thoughts from you guys. I really want to try daretti in the list, but I think 3 color is a really big challenge for the deck, since we can't use any fetch lands or filtering. Don't want to trim the artifact lands too much though, since it's just too much of synergy lost (thoughtcast, ravager + all the metalcraft effects).
    I also greatly appreaciate any feedback on the sideboard. What are the worst matchups for affinity? How many SB slots can we dedicate to fight those decks?
    (on a sidenote: I also would like to know what to specifially board in and out for different matchups. I caught myself thinking really hard, whether to keep blasts in the deck against delver or to board in whipflares instead/additionally to blast)

4 Arcbound Ravager
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Memnite
    4 Etched Champion
    4 Vault Skirge

4 Thoughtcast
    4 Galvanic Blast

3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    1 Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast

4 Mox Opal
    4 Springleaf Drum
    4 Cranial Plating

4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers
    3 Great Furnace
    1 Glimmervoid
    4 Darksteel Citadel

Sideboard

3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Whipflare
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Wear // Tear

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    ...list
    completely untested. the idea here is that affinity is already aggressive and has a ton of redundancy. the ability to play w/ galvanic blast and lightning bolt together should make pia's revolution an actual threat with ravager/bauble/petal and just in general being able to protect your guys.
    I also like the idea of using galvanic blast. Lighting bolt is a legacy staple forever, so why not use a +1 dmg for the same cost in an aggro deck.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    the main bonus here is that the deck's mana base is more stable, since you don't have to reach for tezzeret and thoughtcast. i noticed when i lose w/ affinity it's usually due to not having the right colors at the right time.
    Yes I also am having issues with the color. Sometimes it's really frustrating to just lose because of color screw...

Played another local last weekend. Went 3-1 and ended up in the prizes.

Round 1 Win against Burn (2-0): Vault Skirge doing its thing in both games.

Round 2 Win against Miracles/Jeskai Control (2-0): Game 2 MVP was Tezzeret, who singlehandedly won through Humility + Ensnaring Bridge + Elspeth + Gideon in play.

Round 3 Loss against Infect (0-2): Not much I could do in my designated worst matchup. Mediocre draws didn't help.

Round 4 Win against Stoneblade (2-1): I win both post-board games by going under the Supreme Verdict he had in hand (aka killing before he had 4 mana). Unusual for my list to win a fair matchup like that, but I'll take it.

^
    What’s your list? Nice finish!

Thanks. The same list I posted on the last page with minor changes. I moved the 3rd Tezz to the side and took out the 2nd Ratchet Bomb. Considering cutting the 4th Drum at the moment. It's so bad in multiples, but the first one is always very good. Not sure yet.

Has anyone in this thread tested out the steel stompy lists that has been topping recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Izor View Post
    Thanks. The same list I posted on the last page with minor changes. I moved the 3rd Tezz to the side and took out the 2nd Ratchet Bomb. Considering cutting the 4th Drum at the moment. It's so bad in multiples, but the first one is always very good. Not sure yet.
    I'm getting back into the game after taking a break for a few years and have some thoughts re: your list. I was also on the Probe + Therapy plan, while trying to go wide instead of big by skipping on Masters of Etherium and most 2-drops outside of Plating/Ravager.
    Apologies in advance if some of these seem banal, I'm hella rusty

1. Do you find 2 Tezz + 4 Plating + 3 Ravager is enough business to cash in on artifact count? Or do you tend to just pluck away at them until you topdeck one of those later?
    2. Have you found Signal Pest underwhelming? Would play it before MoE when running Therapy. It used to be a staple way back when I played.
    3. Debating on Flusterstorm vs. Invasive Surgery in SB.
    4. Thinking of a split on Whipflare + Ratchet Bomb + Darkblast as extra insurance against fair decks and Infect. Was thinking about Jitte but now it seems way too slow.

I get that this kind of list actually puts a lot more importance on playing well, but I'd rather do that if it puts me on a more powerful gameplan. Not gonna pussy out just from being afraid of having to actually be good.

EDIT: never mind about the Flusterstorm. I thought about it a bit and figured it out. Therapy + Surgical is the actual plan vs. the relevant combo decks anyway, and Invasive actually just crushes the relevant decks. Flusterstorm is the in-between that does neither well esp if they can hold on to pay the tax, and I don't need whatever slight collateral it gives vs. Storm when I'm already running 4 Therapies in MB.
    Last edited by hax0rm4n; 02-16-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Hey there.

The Probe + Therapy plan is what in my experience makes this deck viable in Legacy, because this combos is stronger in this deck than anywhere else and because it proactively deals with a lot of what traditional Affinity can't beat. However, I'm not trying to go wide with my list at all. That's also why I'm not playing Signal Pest or Master of Etherium. My win conditions are usually a resolved Tezzeret or a single creature boosted by Plating or Ravager.

To answer your questions:

1. I only run those for two main reasons. First, with 4 Probe plus 4 Thoughtcasts as redraws you usually find them reliably and second, because the other 'business' spells available to Affinity are much worse than the ones I have in Legacy. The Modern decks generally have a go wide gameplan with the 8 Nexus and 4 Signal Pests. In my experience though, this gameplan does not cut it in Legacy. In Modern you can often race combo decks with that gameplan, in Legacy you can't. In Modern you can play Galvanic Blast because it actually does interact with most combo decks there, in Legacy those are mostly dead cards. In turn you get stronger Thoughtcasts and Tezz due to the artifact lands, which is why the move from a go wide gameplan to a more midrangey gameplan supported by Therapies to beat combo makes sense. On top of that, Legacy decks typically run less creature removal spells than Modern decks because unlike in Modern you'll find too many decks that they're dead against. This means that in Modern you usually have to draw something like 2 Overseers, 2 Pests and a Ravager or two to make sure something survives against Jund/Junk or Jeskai Control, while in Legacy I often only need 1-2 per game, especially with the ability to protect them with Therapies.

2. Signal Pest doesn't cut it with the low creature count of my list, plus it wouldn't even cut it in my eyes even with a higher one, due to what I said above. If you show up to a Legacy tournament thinking you could win with Modern strategies you'll usually end up losing. The Modern Affinity lists have no business competing in Legacy. Thankfully I have (in my opinion) found a way to change the deck in a way that still gives me game in legacy. I don't get to play as often as I'd like any more, but I still haven't finished a Legacy tournament with a negative or even equal record with this list.

3. Flusterstorm would certainly be an alternative, but I currently prefer Surgery because it's better against everything but Storm. With just a Ravager in play I can usually guarantee I always have Delirium, and with Delirium active Surgery is a formidable card against almost all of the unfair decks in the format, because it often acts as a hard counter plus Surgical Extraction for just one mana.

4. I don't plan on boarding those against most fair decks in fact. I'm usually not worried about killing random creatures because robots usually dominate creature combat anyway and I would generally try to keep boarding to a minimum in a deck that needs so many artifacts to work properly. Ratchet bomb is mainly there against Chalice decks, because they're quite frequent in my meta. Darkblast is a very nice 1-off for Infect, my worst matchup, and also useful against Elves and DnT. Ratchet will also come in against Elves, because it's more a combo deck than a combat based deck and because it can activate at instant speed, which is huge if they're trying to combo off. Therefore Whipflare doesn't do much for me and I wouldn't board it against anything anyway. Doesn't even kill Revoker out of DnT, which is their most annoying card vs us. As of other fair decks, ranging from Delver variants to Leovold decks, Stoneforge decks or even stuff like Merfolk, removal isn't needed. One Champion dominates the board and one Ravager/Plating/Tezz kills them in 2 turns. Against Merfolk I do board Ratchet anyway because of Chalice though.

Entered a small 3 round tourney at LGS today. Went 1-2, choked on rust of 5 years since I last touched this game. Cabal Therapy is the TRUTH. Highlights include nabbing two Goblin Guides T1 vs. Burn on a blind name, and stripping 2 StP and 1 PtE vs. DnT to let robots get in there. NUTTED EVERY TIME.

List was also pretty trash. Sorry boys.

//Maindeck
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    2 Blood Scrivener
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Etched Champion

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Thoughtcast

4 Cranial Plating

2 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Springleaf Drum
    2 Blinkmoth Nexus
    2 Glimmervoid
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers

//Sideboard
    1 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    1 Etched Champion
    1 Darkblast
    2 Invasive Surgery
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Blood Moon

Cards that kinda sucked:
    Lotus Petal
    Tezzeret
    Etched Champion

Tezz stayed rotting in hand way too often (should have been fucking obvious, there's hardly any mana sources and most of it gets blown up by Wasteland). Blood Scrivener overperformed, thanks in part to cutting lands to avoid bricking when chaining extra draws off Thoughtcast and Probe. 2 Etched feels right, with Etched/Tezz being the main reasons opening 7s look like unkeepable ass in traditional builds.

I don't like Tezz as much when I'm offing my own guys all the time and can barely scrape up 4 mana to begin with vs. Wasteland/Thalia. The faster decks ignore him anyway. Should probably have at least two copies in the 75 somewhere, but they're going to the sideboard for UW. Sideboard was stolen btw from Izor without rubbing together either of my 2 brain cells, so it's probably super wrong.

Looking at either Ensoul Artifact or Galvanic Blast over Tezzeret atm. Therapy is good at buying a little time to let dinky 1/1s sneak under, but it doesn't lock up a game on its lonesome. Thus, I'm either looking for efficient ways to smash face or more reach. Probe/Therapy lets you know when the coast is clear to make some 5/5 scissors. If I'm going to Ensoul, I'm putting in the 4th Drum again and upping the Citadel count. GBlast prob needs reworking of manabase or cutting blue

Prob something like this:

4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    2 Blood Scrivener
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Etched Champion
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Thoughtcast
    1 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Springleaf Drum
    4 Cranial Plating
    2 Ensoul Artifact
    2 Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers

idk yet about sideboard

Will probably write up the games if I don't get buttfucked later for putting off IRL stuff to play children's card games.

Tezzeret is insane in this deck. If they can’t answer it within one turn they essentially lose. It can also get you through weird fringe stuff like Glacial Chasm. I’d give it a few more tries. Opponent prob shouldn’t be Wasting you too much due to them being behind on board (ideally). But to each their own.

Since you haven’t played in awhile, you may not be aware of Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast or Walking Ballista. Both are practically made for this deck, though Daretti has the same colour problem as you noted with a Tezzeret. If you are looking for a PW fix, there is a new colourless Karn coming in Dominaria that doesn’t seem bad.

Also, Chalice of the Void tends to be good if you can run it. I notice you are playing several one-drops yourself though so take that with a grain.

Went 2-1 at LGS last Wednesday. Slapped myself a bit for mistakes but w/e. Shaking off that rust.

List:
    //Maindeck (60)
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    2 Blood Scrivener
    4 Vault Skirge
    2 Etched Champion
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Thoughtcast
    4 Cranial Plating
    2 Ensoul Artifact
    4 Mox Opal
    1 Lotus Petal
    4 Springleaf Drum
    2 Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers

//Sideboard (15)
    1 Darkblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Blood Moon
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Invasive Surgery

R1: vs. Junk (2-0)
    G1: Early Probe into Therapy snags a Decay and reveals StP and Liliana, latter of which which he can't cast for while due to color screw. Some anemic beats off of Memnites and Vault Skirges. He eventually SFMs and hardcasts Jitte. Luckily Ravager is busted and blanks it for long enough to draw into Etched + Plating and kill him.
    SB: +1 Blood Moon, +2 Needle, -1 Memnite, -1 Ornithopter, -1 Ensoul
    G2: Mulligan to 6, keeping a weird hand with Needle + Blood Moon. He lands an early Dark Confidant. Punish him up for greedy fetching with T2 Blood Moon. He hits me a few times for 2 but can't play anything. I preemptively Needle on SoFaI to turn on my Opal, assuming it's somewhere in his 75. He draws into Plains + SFM from Bob and grabs a Jitte, but I had the second Needle to neuter it, then play Ravager. He can't kill the Ravager thanks to Blood Moon + Therapy taking StP. Ravager kills a few Lingering Souls toekns. Eventually Skirge + Plating gets in when the tokens are gone.

R2: vs. Burn (0-2)
    He says he's playing a Modern deck, little does he know I am as well.
    G1: Kept an opening 7 with 2 Probes. Turns out shocking yourself isn't great vs. Burn. I play a turn 1 Scrivener and turn 2 Ensoul on my Citadel to put him on a 3 turn clock. He bolts 2 Vault Skirges and Searing Blazes my Scrivener. We just race from that point. I'm at 9 life the turn before I kill him, and I know his hand is Fireblast + 2 Mountains. He has Rift Bolt suspended, so I'm dead to any live topdeck. Flips a Chain Lightning.
    SB: +2 Tezzeret, +1 Etched Champion, -2 Gitaxian Probe, -1 Blood Scrivener
    G2: Mulligan to 5 again, keeping a hand with Ravager and not much else. I'm forced to sac Ravager early to fizzle his Searing Blaze. Play a turn 4 Tezzeret, but it's already too late. Get crushed by more Searing Blazes and Smash to Smithereens, then active Grim Lavamancer and Eidolon tie it up.

R3: vs. Czech Pile (2-1)
    G1: Kept a loose 7 with 3 Probes. DRS and Strix keep me from swinging. Turns out Memnite is pretty bad vs. 1 mana 1/2s. My shitters die to Bolts, Scrivener gets Forced, and I eventually get locked out and die to Jace ultimate.
    SB: (play) +1 Blood Moon, -1 Memnite
    G2: Turn 1 Plating + equip to a Memnite, turn 2 Etched. He doesn't have the FoW for either. He fires off a Hymn to discard a Skirge and a land, then dies in next 3 turns. Interactive Magic at it's finest.
    SB: (draw) -1 Blood Moon, -1 Cabal Therapy, +1 Memnite, +1 Pithing Needle
    G3: A real slobberknocker. T1 Ravager into T2 Plating, he tries to bolt my Plating'd Ornithopter but I sac a land + Ravager to make it a 2/4. I draw another Ravager. He Kolaghan's Commands me twice but double Ravager makes them pretty mediocre. I end up with a 4/4 Memnite and another Plating on board vs. his lone DRS. Probe shows he has a useless Thoughtseize + Hymn, and the big Memnite gets there.

Local meta looks pretty soft to Blood Moon, and a lot of fair decks. Want to try some Spellskites in the SB. There's some real tension between Scrivener and holding reactive cards in hand like Invasive Surgery, so I'd prefer proactive disruption instead, and maybe reactive cards if they're insanely powerful in a MU. Still gonna keep some number of Tezz in the 75 against the UW decks. Debating Revoker vs. Needle. 1 mana + non-creature has been really good though. I don't want my Jitte hoser to die to a Swords or Push. Whipflare also looks really good vs. all these guys trying to play SFM and DRS.

Ensoul has been pretty underwhelming vs. Fatal Push. I'm losing some edges vs. fair decks so back up to 3 Etched in MB. Also deciding to run 3/2 split on Memnites + Frogmites to be able to attack through a DRS when I don't have Plating. -1 Lotus Petal, -1 Springleaf Drum, +1 Blinkmoth Nexus, +1 Tezz, since I'm cutting Ensoul, could be a Spire of Industry instead if finding colored mana gets hard.

Going to try:
    //Maindeck (60)
    3 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    2 Blood Scrivener
    4 Vault Skirge
    3 Etched Champion
    2 Frogmite
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Thoughtcast
    1 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Springleaf Drum
    4 Cranial Plating
    3 Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers

//Sideboard (15)
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Spellskite
    1 Darkblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Whipflare
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Blood Moon

I agree in general that Tezzeret is really good in this deck. I found if I was running Tezzeret + Therapy I'd often be in really rough spots to cast + defend him, as I'm not running Ancient Tomb and there's a lot of Wastelands + Ports at this LGS. Also agree Walking Ballista would be insane and gets to kill tons of Thalias + Baleful Strix while insuring vs. flooding, but I'm too poor for it right now. New Karn as a 1-of seems good.

If I go back to Tomb + Tezzeret and cut the Probe + Therapy package I'd definitely go back to 4 Chalice either MD or SB. Signal Pest is pretty whatever anyway so it's not like you give up too much. Could also do 4 Blood Moon + 4 Chalice MD with Tombs in a Steel Stompy-ish build to really suck the fun out of the game.

There was a Blood Moon centric list posted a few pages back that seems good. Placed well in a decently sized tournament.

// Land (16)
    4 Ancient Den
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Glimmervoid
    4 Great Furnace

// Creature (21)
    4 Akiri, Line-Slinger
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    3 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    2 Pia Nalaar
    4 Vault Skirge

// Enchantment (4)
    4 Blood Moon

// Artifact (19)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cranial Plating
    2 Ghirapur Orrery
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Smuggler's Copter
    2 Springleaf Drum

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 2 Etched Champion
    SB: 3 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 2 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Wear // Tear
    SB: 1 Whipflare
    SB: 1 Ghirapur AEther Grid
    SB: 2 Winter Orb

LOL yeah I saw that one but I'm not brave enough to run that list. I was considering Smuggler's Copter to have some sweet synergy with Blood Scrivener and turn Memnite on when the ground is gummed up.

Maybe at that point you're better off playing something closer to the stompy list and cutting Platings. Something like:

4 Arcbound Ravager
    4 Steel Overseer
    2 Vault Skirge
    4 Foundry Inspector
    2 Lodestone Golem
    2 Hangarback Walker
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Mox Opal
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Blood Moon