Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: GRAND PRIX: CHICAGO!!! - Live Coverage

Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    Dec 2006
    Stoughton, MA

Re: [Live Coverage] GRAND PRIX: CHICAGO

VsTheWorld is 3-0 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg 'IdrA' Fields
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

Sep 2006
    Montreal

Why not make a list of names. Its pretty easy to navigate through the results with the edit-search function.

Dec 2006
    Stoughton, MA

More updates from Mass crew:

Scott Blumenthal (VsTheWorld): 3-0
    Ben Lukas (Forceofwill): 3-0
    Josh Cicio (wweenieking): 3-0
    Jared Lefkowitz (Jaynel): 2-1
    Aaron Lefkowitz (b4ron): 2-1
    Ben Nash (from Cairo): 0-2-1 drop
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Wow. I recognize a ton of the names, but not necessarily from being Source members. Seems a number of Pros and Semi-Pros decided to come out to this as well.

Hopefully we see something come of it. We just made history here.
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

so how do those points work ? 6 points. 4 points, 3 points, 0 points etc ?

Dec 2006
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    so how do those points work ? 6 points. 4 points, 3 points, 0 points etc ?
    A win is 3 points; a draw is 1 point; a loss is 0 points. So all the 6-pointers after round 2 are 2-0.

Jun 2008
    Feltre, Italy

Loool i've just read a future match (merf vs dredge)

Richard had no upkeep discard, instead choosing to draw a card and play a Gemstone Mine. Instead he discarded Golgari Thug and cast Breakthrough for one, netting a Narcomeba in the process, but not finding any more dredgers to rev his engine.

But the engine was almost immediately stuck in neutral, as the cagey Minnesotan revealed his maindeck surprise, Relic of Progenitus.

“Maindeck?!”
    “Yeah, why not,” reasoned Sean.
    “Wow. Bold.”

That other Stax guy
    Dec 2004
    Germany

If Counterbalance is a may trigger, does my opponent have to declare it going on the stack before he Brainstorms?” The judge ruled in Pat’s favor, meaning Irizarry couldn’t reveal from his Counterbalance.
    !

Good to know :)
    However I think the second time Chapin caught him was totally unnecessary because he could have "established" a shortcut for this type of situation (like saying "Ok from now on let's assume I choose to put the trigger on the stack automatically if I don't say otherwise").
    "Anybody want some . . . toast?" —Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Sep 2006
    Montreal

Man I don't like Pat Chapin (see his feature match).

He was losing to CB and pointed out two times that his opponent forgot to say that CB triggers and then cast Braistorm or activate Top.

Pat was right (and I try to always mention the CB triggers), but enforcing rules in bad faith like that is annoying. Glad he lost.

I'd have to laugh also at Richard Feldman being surprised at Merfolk running Relic of Progenitus maindeck.

Oh yeah Richard, as you mentioned in the forums, you studied Legacy extensively before going to the GP...

Sorry to sound like a nitpicking adolescent...

Rick Argiro (Jander78) 2-1
    Geoff Smelski (Konsultant) 4-0
    Bob Kochis (Raider Bob) 3-0

Team Left Field!!!!!!!!!
    Jander78's Kid Brother

Quote Originally Posted by KillemallCFH View Post
    A win is 3 points; a draw is 1 point; a loss is 0 points. So all the 6-pointers after round 2 are 2-0.
    thanks. so if the player is listed as still having a bye for round 3, that means they havent played at all yet and have had byes for the first 3 rounds ?

Mar 2006
    Amsterdam

Pat is 100% right. If he wouldn't have called a judge and his opponent failed to find a 2 CMC spell, the opponent could have just said; 'Oh, well I don't reveal in that case' thus Chapin would miss out on free information.

Oh and LOL@FELDMAN! Played more than 1 Ichorid after all, after Zac Hill made a mockery of everyone posting in the SCG feedback forum. Basically it came down to how we even had the nerve to 'correct' a 'pro player', as we all had never acclomplished anything. And now he takes the advice of the Legacy players anyway, I love it :).

Jun 2008
    Feltre, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by aTn View Post

He was losing to CB and pointed out two times that his opponent forgot to say that CB triggers and then cast Braistorm or activate Top.

Pat was right (and I try to always mention the CB triggers), but enforcing rules in bad faith like that is annoying. Glad he lost.

I'd have to laugh also at Richard Feldman being surprised at Merfolk running Relic of Progenitus maindeck.

Oh yeah Richard, as you mentioned in the forums, you studied Legacy extensively before going to the GP...

Sorry to sound like a nitpicking adolescent...
    If I got cb and my oppopent play a spell and I play a brain in response is obvious who I play it for put a just drop on top and if I haven't a just drop i can play fow or other counter.

bah...

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Chapin
    “If Counterbalance is a may trigger, does my opponent have to declare it going on the stack before he Brainstorms?”
    Wow! I'll have to remember this from now on. I think I'm usually pretty clear when I say, "With the Counterbalance trigger on the stack...I'll Brainstorm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

not really someone worth listening to
    Jun 2006
    مجريط , Spain

Quote Originally Posted by aTn View Post

I totally agree, when I read that I inmediatly thought he was a complete jerk, specially in the second time.
    We tried to copy the Source, but then we realized we're spanish
    If my post results dumb or offensive, it's probably just me miserably failing at being ironic in a foreign language

Jun 2008
    Feltre, Italy

Bryant Cook suck :((

All pros 9 points:

- Nassif Grabiel
    - Luis Scott Vargas
    - Paulo Vitor Da Rosa
    - Carlos Romao

Others?

Damn. I always thought Chapin looked like a fun guy, but anybody nitpicking on that kind of stuff loses a whole bunch of points in my book. Here's rooting for emidln, the only person I slightly know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Pat is 100% right. If he wouldn't have called a judge and his opponent failed to find a 2 CMC spell, the opponent could have just said; 'Oh, well I don't reveal in that case' thus Chapin would miss out on free information.
    I might be wrong, but I believe the choice to reveal or not is made upon resolution of CB's trigger. Therefore, the guy could stack CB, brainstorm and choose not to reveal a card.

What happened there is that optional triggers have as default "I put it on the stack and choose to do nothing" if you forget to mention otherwise. Even if mentioning, the guy would still get the choice later.
    Pat was a little unpleasant, IMHO.
    Last edited by bruno_tiete; 03-07-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo
    FeFe Team: Legacy in the Southern Hemisphere.

not really someone worth listening to
    Jun 2006
    مجريط , Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Aj-capra View Post
    Bryant Cook suck :((

All pros 9 points:

- Nassif Grabiel
    - Luis Scott Vargas
    - Paulo Vitor Da Rosa
    - Carlos Romao

Others?
    Not to be mean, but getting 9 points with 3 byes isn't that much spectacular, now it's time for them to show what they've got.
    We tried to copy the Source, but then we realized we're spanish
    If my post results dumb or offensive, it's probably just me miserably failing at being ironic in a foreign language

Nov 2004
    Missouri

I am a little curious about Feldman's deck; here he writes and article that you have to pay to read and touts a certain formula for a deck, then plays a different configuration as if he doesn't trust what he had written. It's a mirage, its SABOTAGE!

Thread Information