Thread: Arc-Slogger

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Arc-Slogger

Is it possible to use Arc-Slogger's ability if there are less than ten cards in your library?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arc-Slogger
    R, Remove the top ten cards of your library from the game: Arc-Slogger deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Re: Arc-Slogger

No.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

A little more info than one word please, Nihil :)

You have to be able to remove 10 cards to use Arc Slogger's ability because it's a cost, not part of the effect.

Arc-Slogger 3RR
    Creature -- Beast
    R, Remove the top ten cards of your library from the game: Arc-Slogger deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
    4/5
    Asking whether you can remove less than 10 cards is like asking if you can just not pay the R, see?
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

I know that it's part of the cost. My real question comes in the wording. It says to remove the top ten cards. I thought that since it's a relative term, it would be ok. Kind of like if something said "Remove all the cards in your library from the game." However, I agree with you now after having though about it.

Feb 2008
    Leiden - Netherlands

I get your train of thought. The clue however, isn't in the 'top' but in the 'ten', but obviously you figured that one out by now :)
    This message has been deleted by Nightmare. Reason: Boo fucking hoo

Thread Information