Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [EDH] Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

[EDH] Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

I wanted to build a good deck that could handle all the aggro decks that are popping up while being good in multiplayer and I figured monowhite control was a great idea. Indestructable generals insane especially with so many sweepers, so here's my draft list:

Last updated 8/17/09

Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

Ajani Goldmane
    Elspeth, Knight Errant

Adarkar Valkarie
    Akroma, Angel of Wrath
    Ancestor's Chosen
    Baneslayer Angel
    Battlegrace Angel
    Crovax, Ascendant Hero
    Dawn Elemental
    Eternal Dragon
    Exalted Angel
    Solemn Simulacrum
    Twilight Shepherd
    Yosei, the Morning Star

Swords to Plowshares
    Exile
    Path to Exile
    Condemn
    Wing Shards
    Faith's Fetters
    Wrath of God
    Rout
    Final Judgement
    Hallowed Burial
    Mass Calcify
    Planar Cleansing
    Sunscour
    Austere Command
    Akroma's Vengeance
    Aura of Silence
    Disenchant
    Return to Dust
    Seal of Cleansing

Decree of Justice
    Enlightened Tutor
    Ancestral Tribute
    Beacon of Immortality
    Invicible Hymn
    Pulse of the Fields
    Shining Shoal
    Sensei's Divining Top
    Darksteel Pendant
    Crucible of Worlds
    Mobilization
    Story Circle
    Humility
    Ghostly Prison
    Moat
    Porphyry Nodes
    Oblivion Ring

Sol Ring
    Mana Crypt
    Mana Vault
    Extraplanar Lens
    Darksteel Ingot
    Coalition Relic
    Gilded Lotus
    Mind Stone
    Gauntlet of Power
    Thran Dynamo
    Pearl Medallion

Ancient Tomb
    Nomad Stadium
    Wasteland
    Strip Mine
    Secluded Steppe
    Kor Haven
    Flagstones of Trokair
    Scrying Sheets
    New Benalia
    Mistveil Plains
    28 Snow-covered Plains

I don't know the color white very well so I might
    be missing some good stuff. The only glaring omission I have is Kjeldoran Outpost which I cut because I disliked sacrificing a Plains. Otherwise idk.

Any glaring absences? Comments? Suggestions? I feel like this deck will be an absolute house.
    Last edited by Di; 08-17-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Re: [EDH] Konda, Lord of Eiganjo

Have you considered Devouring Light or Judge Unworthy in place of Crib Swap?

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Devouring Light is already in the list, and I ended up cutting Judge Unworthy due to lack of room, but it could still find its way back into the deck. I like Crib Swap better though because it's an additional removal to kill utility creatures and such that won't be entering combat.

Some suggestions and cards I think should be cut

Duplicant-Don't every underestimate this guy.

2-3 Geddon Effects ( Armegeddon, Ravages of War, Catastrophe->Favorite), along with adding Darksteel citadel.

Some lands I'm never unhappy with Mouth of ronom, temple of false gods, ,vesuva, Maze of ith,

Relic/Crypt, Should be in your list because of the graveyard shenanigans that you will see. If there are none in your group i still would run relic.

Invincible Hymn really after playing with it one or too times, you feel like you want to cast it early, but you only benefit once your at >20 life.

Return to dust would be better then abolish.

Shining Shoal was a card that never worked for me in edh, But its a personal preference.

Purify would be better as just another board sweep such as planar cleansing

After looking at your list, your running way too many wrath effects/removal
    Some of the weaker ones would be: exile, devouring light, crib swap, mass calcify (seems good on paper, but overall when I wanted to wrath it needs to be everything. Its a win-more card, and then a dead one vs another white player. I'm not sure the exact number of wrath effects that are optimal, I'll ask my friend tonight who plays mono white, I'll post more suggestions later but here are cards that you should look at

Some Card suggestions are:
    Sundering Titan, Twilight Shepard, , Mox Diamond + Chrome, Mindslaver, Land Tax, Staff of domination, Weathered Wayfarer, purity, memory jar, idylic tutor
    "I Feel Like a Pussy if I don't play 4 Street Wraith's."

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Mistveil Plains.

Adarkar Valkyrie

Endless Horizons

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Endless Horizons
    Might as well add Belcher then.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Might as well add Belcher then.
    Not really. He doesn't only run plains. That idea really only works if all your lands get removed by Horizons.

noob.

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Darksteel Pendant and Top
    Rules Advisor

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Not really. He doesn't only run plains. That idea really only works if all your lands get removed by Horizons.

noob.
    Well, it's not instant kill but it will still deal a metric butt-ton of damage.

Jerk.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Well, it's not instant kill but it will still deal a metric butt-ton of damage.

Jerk.
    Or three. Depending on where all of those non-plains cards are in the deck. It's ok dude, he doesn't need to run Belcher.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Pristine Angel is really nice as she can't be Duplicated, and can play both offense and defense (limitedly).

Crovax the Ascendant, tricky to kill and destroys token decks. Also pumps your (small) team.

Mobilization can also get out of hand pretty fast (especially with Mana Flare effects).

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

@ Hunter245

Duplicant can easily find its way in the list once I trim some things down. It was on my list of considerations.

I can't run the land destruction spells because I'm a big mana control deck and require a lot of lands in play. Having my lands destroyed really hurts the deck.

For utility lands, I cut Mouth of Ronom because I was tired of it not adding white. Same goes for the others not included.

Invincible Hymn is nuts regardless, It'll always put you over 50-60 life.

Agreed on Return to Dust, that change will likely be made. Also agreed on Purify, for another mana I might as well wipe out everything else as well.

As far as my high number of sweepers go, this is solely for multiplayer (3+ people) and my entire metagame is creature-based decks. I basically want as many as I can have, but my spot removal count can easily be changed.

Twilight Shepherd is also pretty good, I'll be looking into that too.

@ Adam

Mistveil Plains is in the deck; somehow I didn't list it.

Adarkar Valkarie is awesome, that's making its way in here.

Endless Horizons was in my original list, but I didn't like the idea of having it destroyed after removing a bunch of land to it. I run enough lands that I shouldn't miss any land drops for the first 4-5 turns, so I'm not worried about it. It's the same reason why I cut the Land Tax engine as well.

@heroicraptor

Top is already in the deck, but Pendant could be playable as well.

@rukcus

Pristine Angel and Crovax were in the original list but got cut due to space. Both can easily find its way back in. Mobilization is already in the deck.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Windborn Muse is pretty good as an extra Ghostly Prison that can occasionally turn sideways. Luminous Angel is also decent since it's a quasi-Bitterblossom.

Martyr of Sands is a kick in the nuts to aggro decks, and if you want to get especially mean you can run it in conjunction with Kami of False Hope and Proclamation of Rebirth. However, Proclamation really wants lots of expendable dudes to target, and Martyr and Kami by themselves aren't that impressive.

There's also the white Myojin, but I don't think you necessarily need more sweepers.

Reito Lantern? Can be good if the game goes long, which it probably will in multiplayer.

Are you just using Konda for indestructibility? If so, some of the best anti-aggro decks I've seen have actually been Oros, the Avenger decks. That guy is a fucking beast against all sorts of things.

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

Planar Cleansing?

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Windborn Muse is pretty good as an extra Ghostly Prison that can occasionally turn sideways. Luminous Angel is also decent since it's a quasi-Bitterblossom.

Martyr of Sands is a kick in the nuts to aggro decks, and if you want to get especially mean you can run it in conjunction with Kami of False Hope and Proclamation of Rebirth. However, Proclamation really wants lots of expendable dudes to target, and Martyr and Kami by themselves aren't that impressive.

There's also the white Myojin, but I don't think you necessarily need more sweepers.

Reito Lantern? Can be good if the game goes long, which it probably will in multiplayer.

Are you just using Konda for indestructibility? If so, some of the best anti-aggro decks I've seen have actually been Oros, the Avenger decks. That guy is a fucking beast against all sorts of things.

Myojin is a bit redundant so I opted not to include it, but all those others, especially Martyr of Sands are interesting.

I'm also using Konda pretty much due to indestructibility. That, and it's huge. I also chose Konda because I wanted I have an affinity towards mono-color decks in EDH.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I'm also using Konda pretty much due to indestructibility. That, and it's huge. I also chose Konda because I wanted I have an affinity towards mono-color decks in EDH.
    Konda is only a 3/3 on the offensive unless the opponent blocks it, and then it doesn't trample. I could see it being good on the defensive, but still...

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Do you really believe this of all decks cares about how much damage the general deals at a time? It's a pure control deck; I'm not in any hurry to win the game, especially with my general. Either they're going to take 3 general damage, or they're going to lose a creature blocking it. Not to mention it'll still be able to block and kill something next turn, or survive my Wrath of God.

Besides, nearly all of the other creatures in the deck are huge to make up for Konda's lack of offensive, so it's not a concern of mine.

I run mono white, and have been doing an ok job at it for a few months now...

I have always liked the simple spectral procession and windbrisk heights
    I always run 4 soul wardens and 4 paths but you should think about adding recumbent bliss I love them personally.

sorry to double post but I almost forgot...

if your running endless horizons I always run 10 extra land and pull 15 or 20 using the cards ability to beable to still fully operate should the card be "exiled"

and if your running mono-white control sniff out a few voice of alls

awesome in a hard hitting mono white control deck

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Do you really believe this of all decks cares about how much damage the general deals at a time? It's a pure control deck; I'm not in any hurry to win the game, especially with my general. Either they're going to take 3 general damage, or they're going to lose a creature blocking it. Not to mention it'll still be able to block and kill something next turn, or survive my Wrath of God.

Besides, nearly all of the other creatures in the deck are huge to make up for Konda's lack of offensive, so it's not a concern of mine.
    Hmm, I suppose. I guess I'm just spoiled by Oona combo kills.

One other thing that crossed my mind as being potentially useful: Weathered Wayfarer.

Thread Information