View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

    16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

    4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

    35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

    34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

    103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

    46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

    2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

    4 2.08%
  • Standstill

    6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

    8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1155 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 1556551055110511451151115211531154115511561157 LastLast
Results 23,081 to 23,100 of 23133

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

  1. #23081
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2015
    Location

    The woods again
    Posts

    1,061

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Chatterstorm and Affinity are warping the format to the point the format is those two decks and a Dimir midrange deck (basically like this).
    Jesus. Sounds like a cheaper Vintage.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    If you diversified your cantrips, a chalice wouldn't be a liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

  2. #23082

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Chatterstorm and Affinity are warping the format to the point the format is those two decks and a Dimir midrange deck (basically like this).
    That's pretty much pauper since day one. It was always 2-3 decks making up +80% of the field and the rest an assorted collection of misfits. After bannings the format opened-up but quickly came back to its usual self. There has been steady variation on what the 2-3 decks at the top are (for ex, UR / U / UB alternate regularly). Affinity was always there or there about and Tron also finds it's way to the top every now and then, most often after bannings.

    TL;DR: No news.

  3. #23083

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Hey, at least they managed to ban the cards that can permanently modify a commander without jumping through too many hoops in Historic Brawl.
    That has to count for something, right?
    Other than they don't do shit about basically every format at this point.

  4. #23084

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    I took a look at the last two MTGO Prelims:

    Yesterday's:
    1. U/R
    2. U/R
    3. U/R
    4. Lands
    5. U/R

    The day before's:
    1. U/R
    2. Doomsday
    3. U/R
    4. Lands
    5. Lands
    6. U/R

  5. #23085

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    I took a look at the last two MTGO Prelims:

    Yesterday's:
    1. U/R
    2. U/R
    3. U/R
    4. Lands
    5. U/R

    The day before's:
    1. U/R
    2. Doomsday
    3. U/R
    4. Lands
    5. Lands
    6. U/R
    Format is full return to monke.
    Hilarious.
    I like how nobody plays even a full set of Delvers anymore, one list had none.
    Might as well unban Mental Misstep to fight the monkes.

  6. #23086
    Member
    KobeBryan's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2011
    Location

    Arcadia, CA
    Posts

    2,200

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    If you ain't using the monkey now, sell it while you can.

  7. #23087

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    If you ain't using the monkey now, sell it while you can.
    It's so surprising that a 1 mana does everything card is broken.
    Who could have known?
    At least it's legendary which is a downside and therefore it's totally balanced.

  8. #23088
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,529

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Seeing as Wrenn and Six was allowed to run amok for 5 months and Oko got a generous 16 months before they figured out one card combos might be a thing, I'd expect some rumblings for a Legacy update sometime late spring next year, at the earliest.

    They don't care about Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  9. #23089

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    It's so surprising that a 1 mana does everything card is broken.
    Who could have known?
    At least it's legendary which is a downside and therefore it's totally balanced.
    Yeah, and that's exactly why they decided to make it 2/1 for 1 to make up for the legendary drawback

  10. #23090

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Seeing as Wrenn and Six was allowed to run amok for 5 months and Oko got a generous 16 months before they figured out one card combos might be a thing, I'd expect some rumblings for a Legacy update sometime late spring next year, at the earliest.

    They don't care about Legacy
    Maybe if enough people get behind the 60 island plan.
    Someone could make another sign for their parking lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Yeah, and that's exactly why they decided to make it 2/1 for 1 to make up for the legendary drawback
    He could have had hast to be fair.

    Since, I'm so out of the loop, is modern also full monke or is he not as strong there?

  11. #23091
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    2,115

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Modern does not have Daze, so it is not possible for them to parasitize and inflame first player advantage.

  12. #23092
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,529

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Someone could make another sign for their parking lot.
    Ah, to be young again...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  13. #23093

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    BTW

    Chatterstorm is banned.

    Sojourner's Companion is banned.
    60 islands seems to be the way to go.

    It seems stupid to ban Sojourner and leave Enforcer but here we are.

  14. #23094

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Maybe if enough people get behind the 60 island plan.
    Someone could make another sign for their parking lot.
    I feel like letting a monke loose in the building is a more focused message, chimping out, defecating everywhere, letting them feel our pain.

    Although it comes with the risk of it being promoted to head of R&D.

  15. #23095

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    The monkey is still legal

  16. #23096

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    And I think he's here to stay for the foreseeable future. Didn't find him too oppressive anyways. But Saga needs to go. I'm losing ten times the amount of games to Saga, that I lose to the Monkey.

    Ragavan's ceiling is laughable compared to Saga's.

  17. #23097

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Since, I'm so out of the loop, is modern also full monke or is he not as strong there?
    Looking at the numbers, he seems to be in about 25% of decks in both formats.

  18. #23098

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Looking at the numbers, he seems to be in about 25% of decks in both formats.
    Oh so not brainstorm levels?

  19. #23099

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Oh so not brainstorm levels?
    Ban probability is bell shaped.
    If a card gets too prevalent it's a "pillar".

  20. #23100
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    3,432

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Looking at the numbers, he seems to be in about 25% of decks in both formats.
    What % of paper MH2 have they sold so far? (lagged paper demand from Pestilence)

    Once they've hit their profit targets, then they can ban it before the secondary market can profit too much off MH2.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)