View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1154 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 15465410541104114411501151115211531154
Results 23,061 to 23,067 of 23067

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Expressive Iteration is a dumb card that will be banned

Itís an impulse earlygame that is predict lategame or if you build your deck around it (baubles etc) .. neither of those cards are broken. Nights whisper Grixis isnít killing anyone.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post

Itís an impulse [s]earlygame[/s] Turn 2 that is predict [s]lategame[/s] after Turn 2 or if you [s]build your deck around it (baubles etc)[/s] run lands or spells that you can cast
    ftfy
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Delver usually doesnít have 2 lands plus a land drop on t3 (That means you havenít wasted or dazed at all on the first 2 turns) or 0 mana proactive spells. Snap caster and TNN are considered lategame cards by delver standards.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Discussion of the "end of Pro Play" was split into it's own topic: here.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    óKaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

While I have conflicting views on Brainstorm in Legacy, this really makes me chuckle:

At the Strixhaven Championship, the most-played nonland cards are all red or blue: there are 647 copies of Brainstorm , 483 copies of Expressive Iteration , and 374 copies of Faithless Looting across all Historic main decks.

What's more, the most-played land is not even a basic land or Fabled Passage . It's Steam Vents , at 627 total copies. In fact, Steam Vents is the second most-played card overall, just behind Brainstorm .
    Whoever though it was a good idea to make the Mystical Archive legal in historic should be fired and then rehired just so they can be fired again.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    While I have conflicting views on Brainstorm in Legacy, this really makes me chuckle:

Whoever though it was a good idea to make the Mystical Archive legal in historic should be fired and then rehired just so they can be fired again.
    How many shuffle effects do they run? Looking it up, it seems they only run 2.2 Fabled Passages on average, disproving the common argument that you need enough shuffle effects for Brainstorm to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    How many shuffle effects do they run? Looking it up, it seems they only run 2.2 Fabled Passages on average, disproving the common argument that you need enough shuffle effects for Brainstorm to be good.
    Well, phoenix runs more discard since it's part of their plan. It's also a bit different if you just try to chain enough cantrips to trigger the birds as the amount of cards you would like to see is a much larger fraction of your deck in this case.

Most other decks just play it because it's still the best cantrip at instant speed or have other tricks that work well with it.

Sauce btw:

https://magic.gg/news/strixhaven-cha...game-breakdown

Thread Information