View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 156 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    Even Rush Limbaugh sheds a tear when he sees Griselbrand come into play off a Show and Tell.
    A tear of joy. But he's probably just crying because it makes him realize a piece of cardboard is more relevant than himself.

2nd Best Explorer in Magic
    Jun 2008
    Madison, WI

Even Rush Limbaugh sheds a tear when he sees Griselbrand come into play off a Show and Tell.
    That's just the Oxycontin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Voyeur View Post
    Fetches are boring. When someone suddenly gets money, they don't invest it in something practical; they spend it on something lavish like a prostitute/PEZ dispenser.
    A founding member of Team Bluff the Lotus - Bringing the crazy from Bob's Baseball Dugout

Calling it now. One or more of the following will get banned:

Delver of Secrets
    Griselbrand
    Show and Tell
    Brainstorm

One or more of the following will get unbanned:

Earthcraft
    Mind Twist
    Mind's Desire

Lets see how accurate I am.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Calling it now. One or more of the following will get banned:

Delver of Secrets
    Griselbrand
    Show and Tell
    Brainstorm

One or more of the following will get unbanned:

Earthcraft
    Mind Twist
    Mind's Desire

Lets see how accurate I am.
    I like it. Get rid of Show and Tell and give the combo players some love with Earthcraft and Mind's Desire.

I like it. Get rid of Show and Tell and give the combo players some love with Earthcraft and Mind's Desire.
    Be kind of sad to see Show and Tell go...not because it's my favorite thing ever, but because there are nearly always decks that do the "put something crazy into play all-in woooooo!" thing Show and Tell fits in nearly all of them. Will Sneak Attack and Reanimator have the consistency they need to compete without it?

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Why get rid of show and tell? Its not like it is dominating the meta right now.

My prediction is that they won't change anything this time. They may not want to make last-minute changes with a Legacy Grand Prix coming so quickly afterwards and there not being enough data to really determine whether they need to take action on the Show and Tell/Griselbrand front.

Speaking of which, I do find it a little funny that the cards in Avacyn Restored that people were initially predicting for possible banning turned out to have little impact while it seems (at least in what I remember about the discussions) Griselbrand didn't get much attention for a while.

I think I made the call that one creature would have a major impact on the format. However, I didn't think it would be Griselbrand and I didn't think the impact would be as large as he made.

So yeah, I was way off.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    Not sure if people were watching the SCG Invitational, but there were quite a few matches that underlined the problem quite clearly.

I think in the last round of swiss (or the round before last one) Eli Kassis (Sneak Tell) was playing against Maverick player. It was 1:1 and game 3. In game 3 Eli resolved early Show and Tell and put Griselbrand into play. His opponent had Knight of the Reliquary and Karakas at that point. Before Griselbrand being printed this would have been enough for Maverick to have a fighting chance (Show and Tell player needed a resolved Sneak Attack to win), this time Eli just drew a bunch of card when Griselbrand was bounced and then one-shot the Maverick player next turn with hasty Emrakul and Griselbrand...

Onto the Reanimator vs Maverick matchup. Before Griselbrand Maverick had a chance with STP and numerous other effects that gave them a chance against a resolved fatty. With Griselbrand being played it's not even funny anymore, as was evident in a Max Tietze (Reanimator) vs Maverick feature match. As soon as Griselbrand is resolved it's just game over.

I was using Maverick just as an example deck that had a fighting chance (with being non-blue) before Griselbrand was printed. Nowadays it's just either play Griselbrand or play anti-Griselbrand deck. That's insane.
    I seriously wonder how dumb one has to be to design Griselbrand? It's like R&D haven't learned anything. Yawgmoth's Bargain? Oh, how about we reprint that, gave it flying, lifelink, huge body and enable draw step? Yawgmoth's Bargain isn't legal in format and it could be only played through ritual effects or something like show and tell. Griselbrand can be cheat into play more easier and is a win condition in itself.

For those that will call me out, feel free to check my posting history on these boards. I was a strong opponent of banning both Survival (I argued to ban Vengevine if something needed to be banned) and Mystical Tutor. This time I'm for immediate ban on Griselbrand which ruined the format IMO. Way worse than Survival + Vengevine ever did.
    For the record, before Griselbrand, Progen went in that slot so Karakas and STP are pretty irrelevant.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Dec 2011
    USA

Less than 36 hours before the June 20th announcement! If I had to place my bets, I'd predict 1 card getting banned in standard, nothing getting banned in type 1.5, and am leaning towards up to 2 cards being "lifted" off the banned list for type 1.5, no predictions for type 1 / modern / extended / block constructed, etc.
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    For the record, before Griselbrand, Progen went in that slot so Karakas and STP are pretty irrelevant.
    Yeah, but Progenitus didn't draw 1/10 or so of their deck. At least racing Progenitus is possible.

Jun 2010
    Central NY

Progenitus being harder to remove is irrelevant. He can be fought or raced. Greasy-brand draws half the remainder of your deck to not only protect himself, but win faster at the same time.

Edit: Drago beat me to it LOL

Edit 2: He would be "fairer" if you could only use his ability as a sorcery. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    less than 36 hours before the June 20th announcement! If I had to place my bets, I'd predict 1 card getting banned in standard, nothing getting banned in type 1.5, and am leaning towards up to 2 cards being "lifted" off the banned list for type 1.5, no predictions for type 1 / modern / extended / block constructed, etc.
    I really doubt any card will be banned in Standard. They're extremely reluctant to do so, and it takes something like Skullclamp or Jace for them to take that step.

I could care less if anything gets banned. I just want to see something get unbanned, for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I could care less if anything gets banned. I just want to see something get unbanned, for Christ's sake.
    If I wielded the hammer,

Bannings: None

Unbannings:

Mind Twist
    Earthcraft
    Black Vise
    Land Tax
    Worldgorger Dragon
    Survival of the Fittest

Keep your fucking brainstorms. Just spread the broken cards around a little bit.

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    Nov 2008
    Austin, TX

Once again I would love to see some unbannings.. Doubt it will happen though :/
    Team FireBrothers

Mar 2009
    usa illinois

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    If I wielded the hammer,

Bannings: None

Unbannings:

Mind Twist
    Earthcraft
    Black Vise
    Land Tax
    Worldgorger Dragon
    Survival of the Fittest

Keep your fucking brainstorms. Just spread the broken cards around a little bit.
    if all of these cards come of the ban list I will attempt to play all the cards in one deck.

my only hope is that grease-brand get the ban hammer. I also wouldn't mind show and tell getting the hammer.

Griselbrand is so strong he kicked chuck norris's ass. and wow that's bad ass

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TooCloseToTheSun View Post
    That's just the Oxycontin.
    I didn't want to be the one to say it but it was the first thing I thought of. Rush love's the colour blue. But in all seriousness, can we get an unbanning please?

You're addressing part of my post where I was discussing reanimator (with Griselbrand) vs Maverick matchup. Of course that Reanimator wasn't playing Progenitus, and STP had quite a fighting chance against half of the stuff reanimator could muster. With Griselbrand that doesn't matter since FoW is waiting just around the corner.

As for Karakas in Sneaky Tell regard. Yeah, it couldn't do much vs Progenitus but was still a valid option vs Show and Tell into Emrakul, forcing the opponent to find his Sneak Attack and resolving it. Progenitus itself wasn't that scary (but was still almost main plan vs Maverick) since it could be raced, and that was especially easy in earlier versions of Maverick that ran both Stoneforge Mystic and Baterskull.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

What about that tutor-able little piece of gravehate Scavenging Ooze? People stop maindecking 2-3? Or is that unfair and unrealistic?

Thread Information