View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 389 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489889 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

While I don't think Mind Twist would break anything, at the same time it's a spectacularly boring card. My issue with it is the randomness, which is incidentally the same problem I have with Hymn to Tourach. I greatly prefer discard spells that require choices from a player. With Thoughtseize, you have to pick which card to discard, and you can choose wrong. Even with something like Funeral Charm, where it's the opponent's choice, someone is choosing which card to discard, and they thus can make the wrong decision. That makes skill a factor. With Hymn to Tourach, you just cast it and hope you get lucky, skill being irrelevant. I suppose Mind Twist is slightly better in that you have to at least think a little about how much mana to invest into it, but I still don't like the randomness factor.

I wish there was a card that was the exact same as Mind Twist except without the word "random."

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    With Hymn to Tourach, you just cast it and hope you get lucky, skill being irrelevant.
    Hymn to Tourach is on the same skill level as Thoughtseize as it's much harder to find the correct moment to cast it. In Legacy, Hymn is much weaker than people give it credit for and if you just "skilllessly" cast it as soon as you get the option, you're not thinking enough about your play.

Also, the "I prefer decisions herp derp" attitude Lord Seth describes is something that keeps holding back any future development of playskill in a player. You want to actually improve instead of complaining about losing to what you perceive as skilless variance? Improve and incorporate variance into the way you play the game. Anybody who feels bad for winning a game due to variance never really understood how to play the game. Playing with variance is playing to win. Playing with "skillful decisions" is to 4-2 your weekly Legacy most of the time.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

The banned/restricted list update is supposed to be today. Checked the mothership (the new site) and no update for Monday's articles. http://magic.wizards.com/en

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Maybe check back at like 1?

Update: Apparently with the new updates, the new articles go up at 11AM EST now the next day. Seems.... Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

In the morning? I'm still debating whether or not to snap order some Survivals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by bakofried View Post
    In the morning? I'm still debating whether or not to snap order some Survivals.
    This. Got em sitting in the TCG cart like... I should just in case since I work in the morning. I have no fucking clue what I will do with them if they dont get unbanned though lol.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Eh...I still need more duals. I might just order a singleton for EDH. You could throw together that Applejacks vintage deck with a playset.
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I thought the update happened next Monday.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    I thought the update happened next Monday.
    http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/mag...ther/09202012a

Prerelase was weekend past.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    This. Got em sitting in the TCG cart like... I should just in case since I work in the morning. I have no fucking clue what I will do with them if they dont get unbanned though lol.
    Trade em, edh kids always have the most random shit
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Thats the problem with trading with edh kids. They have valuable cards, it's all just unplayable edh garbage though. Like Minds Eye. That card is like almost 10 bucks LOL. Was thinking at work. I hope Vise gets unbanned. I wanna play 4x Probe, 4x Vise, 4x Pithing Needle, 4x Sinkhole, 4x Vindicate, 4x Wasteland.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I just hope something gets unbanned, Legacy has been getting to feel stale lately for me.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

I just ordered two played ones. Hedging my bets, that way if it does get unbanned it's much cheaper to finish a set, if not I've got one to use for EDH and one to trade, or I can just finish the set for proxy vintage or something later.
    -ktkenshinx-

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Why the sad face? That's good news.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

An unbanning would've been nice. Earthcraft, Mind Twist, etc.

Miserable. 3 year anniversary of Delver coming up though!

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Yes! I get to see more fun well-designed cards like TNN and Council's Judgment and getting all the fucking splash damage from them despite not playing either <3

Rope, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

I'll just copy/paste what i wrote 4 months ago on MTG Salvation.

I don't think Wizards care for the Legacy banlist anymore, the last change they make was 2 years ago, June 2012, Land Tax unbanned, and the previous unban was December 2010 for Time Spiral.
    I would like to have some card come off from the list, like Earthcraft, Mind's Desire, Memory Jar, Black Vise, Mind Twist, Survival of the Fittest, Yawgmoth's Bargain (cause Griselbrand is better). I'm all for the "let's try to unban something, maybe 1-2 cards at a time, to see if it can works without breaking the format.
    The last months i was waiting the banlist announcements hoping for something to shake up the format but all the time i was disappointed, so now i don't care anymore.

Legacy
    No changes
    My feeling is that they just care for Modern, and that's all. If nothing changed for the last 2 years, nothing will change for the next 2 years too.

So you remain with 2 ways you can follow:
    Do you like play to play with/against Branstorm, in a stagnant format with 85% blue-based decks with a "set in stone" banlist?
    Yes -> Play Legacy.
    No -> Play Modern.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

From what tournaments are telling me this is easily the most open Legacy's ever been, I have no idea what the issue is except for, "BLUE!!!!!!"

Thread Information