View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 616 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1165165666066126136146156166176186196206266667161116 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,320 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    If not being able to play with Black Vice is the price I have to pay in order to avoid Wizards from meddling with the only player-moderated format left in the game, then so be it.
    Yeah, my pet deck retained its niche in the meta. Why aren't more people happy about that?
    Everybody's so selfish.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Yeah, my pet deck retained its niche in the meta. Why aren't more people happy about that?
    Everybody's so selfish.
    For the record, I play almost exclusively non-blue decks, but am still an advocate for Dig Through Time (and Brainstorm and Top and Show and Tell) remaining legal.

If not being able to play with Black Vice is the price I have to pay in order to avoid Wizards from meddling with the only player-moderated format left in the game, then so be it.
    Yes. This x 10000. I didn't think of conveying it that way but I love what it articulates, the player's decks can help level out dominate decks and the format should be as open as possible.

But.....I was surprised that where wasn't some kind of restriction for something in vintage shops, that shit is broken, even for vintage.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

For the record, I play almost exclusively non-blue decks, but am still an advocate for Dig Through Time (and Brainstorm and Top and Show and Tell) remaining legal.
    That was sort of my point. I wasn't pretending to be you above, I was pretending to be me. My deck is totally nichie-er.

I don't think my deck is as good if Brainstorm and Top are banned. Old fashioned Sneak and Show wrecks me though, so Show and Tell could be banned. I shouldn't be allowed to have any bad match-ups since my deck loses mostly to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltj999 View Post
    But.....I was surprised that where wasn't some kind of restriction for something in vintage shops, that shit is broken, even for vintage.
    Yet Mishra's Workshop is a 4 of in 25-30% of a large field. Brainstorm is a 4 of in 80% of a Legacy field. You people are demented and math impaired.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

So, for the next three month's (at least) we either play with DTT (Omni, Miracles or Grixis) or play with something specificly against DTT (Loam/Wasteland with enough angles to attack it)...
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Yet Mishra's Workshop is a 4 of in 25-30% of a large field. Brainstorm is a 4 of in 80% of a Legacy field. You people are demented and math impaired.
    Did I say that shops should be restricted? No, B/c it shouldn't. I'm no vintage expert but some kind of restriction to slow the utter explosiveness of the deck. what that looks like is certainly not up to me.

Also I wasn't commenting on the prevalence of a card...that one you assumed for yourself.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

DTT remains legal in the format? While I'm not suprised that Erik Lauer is a lazy PoS, it's terrifying that he leaves DTT in the format, even if it's just for another 2.5 months.

Oh well, time to consider buying some Lilianas and switching to Aggro Loam.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Which doesn't actually have a good match-up against Omni, so good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    DTT remains legal in the format? While I'm not suprised that Erik Lauer is a lazy PoS, it's terrifying that he leaves DTT in the format, even if it's just for another 2.5 months.

Have fun having to actually mulligan, let us know when in round 6 you are deciding whether to keep that 3 land, liliana, punishing fire mull to 5 without the Magic-unmulliganer whether you are satisfied with your choice. I gave up and played cantrips last Thursday. Was pretty sweet not having to worry about ever being without action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    So, for the next three month's (at least) we either play with Brainstorm, Ponder (Omni, Miracles or Grixis) or play with something specificly against Brainstorm, Ponder (Loam/Wasteland with enough angles to attack it)...
    DTT isn't the problem. Please let us know when it hits 1/2 the usage of Brainstorm or Ponder.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

How does "no changes" equate to them not caring about Legacy? That "no changes" was probably one of the best things I've seen all day, with its only real competition so far being pretty sweet cosplays of Domino.

Barring the unbanning of utterly inconsequential cards like Hermit Druid, ham-fisted and irrational cavings such as unbanning Oath of Druids or an Affinity-level ban are the only other changes Legacy could have seen. If not being able to play with Black Vice is the price I have to pay in order to avoid Wizards from meddling with the only player-moderated format left in the game, then so be it.
    Hermit inconsequential? Have you tried putting up an hermit druid list in like, 5 mins? Hermit druid would shit all over the format, no thx.

WotC don't care about legacy they've proven this time and time again. 0 reprint support, reserved list, ban of format defining age old cards (sotf), basically no unban ever after the first 2-3 years when they created the format.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

DTT isn't the problem. Please let us know when it hits 1/2 the usage of Brainstorm or Ponder.
    51% of the format plays it and 73% play Brainstorm. I guess your condition is already met
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Dig Through Time is in 51% of decks according to MTG Top 8. As neither Brainstorm nor Ponder are at 100%, it obviously is at over 1/2 the usage of either of those cards.

Anyone on the "ban blue goodstuff" train ever thought that maybe THE reason why Wotc does not want to ban them, is that it could result in an unhealthy metagame with at least half the field playing masturbation decks (combo) ?
    TheRiedl on Magic Online

About Magic Online:

I can play legacy whenever I want. Cardboard has no value. Data has no value. My time and enjoyment has high value to me. More legacy = more fun. Buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    When Obilivion Ring is said to be an equivalent counterpiece to Red Elemental Blast in regards to Show and Tell and Jace, you know all is lost.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Adryan View Post
    Anyone on the "ban blue goodstuff" train ever thought that maybe THE reason why Wotc does not want to ban them, is that it could result in an unhealthy metagame with at least half the field playing masturbation decks (combo) ?
    Tell me how exactly a DTT ban would hurt combo less than midrange and control decks.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Hermit inconsequential? Have you tried putting up an hermit druid list in like, 5 mins? Hermit druid would shit all over the format, no thx.

WotC don't care about legacy they've proven this time and time again. 0 reprint support, reserved list, ban of format defining age old cards (sotf), basically no unban ever after the first 2-3 years when they created the format.
    I feel like you're not a jolly person and will never be satisfied no matter what is delivered.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Wow! That happened quicker than I thought. Let the circular arguments begin!
    Remember to jump to conclusions and put as many words in your opponent's mouth as you can fit.

Great so I guess I'll sell Elves.

Thread Information