Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planechase = AWESOME.

Bryant Cook

Re: Planechase = AWESOME.

I'm still a skeptic. It seemed alright at times, but then it blew. I also don't like the idea of more than one roll a turn if you pay mana. Someone has infinite mana? choose target plane?

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I'm still a skeptic. It seemed alright at times, but then it blew. I also don't like the idea of more than one roll a turn if you pay mana. Someone has infinite mana? choose target plane?
    Infinite mana = win in almost every instance anyway. I fail to see how it's now more broken because you can planeswalk a bunch, and if you roll wrong, you can do stupid accidental stuff like discarding your hand, or Incremental Blighting your team, or other stuff.

I time walked 4 times in a row this weekend on Otaria. In another game, I had Izzet Steam Maze up, and went turn 3 Kodama's Reach, turn 4 Hunting Wilds. Pretty bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Infinite mana = win in almost every instance anyway. I fail to see how it's now more broken because you can planeswalk a bunch, and if you roll wrong, you can do stupid accidental stuff like discarding your hand, or Incremental Blighting your team, or other stuff.
    Yea...if you're not winning with infinite mana anyway, there's a problem. Unless you're just generating infinite mana to pass the turn and not take mana burn. That's kinda cool I guess.

I time walked 4 times in a row this weekend on Otaria. In another game, I had Izzet Steam Maze up, and went turn 3 Kodama's Reach, turn 4 Hunting Wilds. Pretty bonkers.
    See, this is what's awesome about it. Sometimes, nothing really out of the ordinary might occur. But when shit does go down, its crazy...crazy awesome!

Has anyone seen my pants?
    Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

Planechase will never see competitive play, its too unruly. But its fun as hell to see what crazy crap happens.

We drafted and played it in four player chaos pods the other day. Someone had the luck of drafting Baneslayer in a decent mono-white deck...it was quickly destroyed on the Hippodrome, then brought back under someone else's control...one that plane that does that...its pretty crazy.
    Skizzik No Kicker. Like a true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    Planechase will never see competitive play, its too unruly. But its fun as hell to see what crazy crap happens.

We drafted and played it in four player chaos pods the other day. Someone had the luck of drafting Baneslayer in a decent mono-white deck...it was quickly destroyed on the Hippodrome, then brought back under someone else's control...one that plane that does that...its pretty crazy.
    It's not supposed to see competitive play. Way to miss the point.

Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

It's not supposed to see competitive play. Way to miss the point.
    I missed where I said that Planechase was supposed to see competitive play. I swear what I said was that it will never see competitive play...yep, thats what it says, a few posts back. Way to understand the English language. Take a class, or get some.

Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

I missed where I said that Planechase was supposed to see competitive play. I swear what I said was that it will never see competitive play...yep, thats what it says, a few posts back. Way to understand the English language. Take a class, or get some.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

You have outlived your purpose

Oct 2007
    East Syracuse

You guys should have a UFC fight over this.
    Team Noob
    Conserative till the end!

Superhero Hamster
    Jun 2007
    Belgium

Okay, we decided to get a little kinky at the casual table.
    Remember Vanguard?
    Remember how very random the Planechase is?

Mix and enjoy.
    Suddenly! Pints of beer! Thousands of th~ ... Nope. Never mind.

Aug 2009
    Towanda, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Mijorre View Post
    Okay, we decided to get a little kinky at the casual table.
    Remember Vanguard?
    Remember how very random the Planechase is?

Mix and enjoy.
    That's something I'd like to try, but I'm the only one in my area who owns any. I have no problem people looking them up online and using proxies, but it seems my play group is too competitive to invest any time in a casual format.

Why would you ever bring it up? Obvious statement is obvious, also irrelevant.

Oct 2007
    East Syracuse

Come on guys who doesn't want to see Nightmare in a speedo.
    Team Noob

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

The fuck are you talking about?

Oct 2007
    East Syracuse

From when I said you and DownsyndromeKarl should UFC fight.
    Team Noob

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by boris13 View Post
    Come on guys who doesn't want to see Nightmare in a speedo.
    me

Thread Information