Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1358

Thread: [Deck] Berserk Stompy

Re: [Deck] Berserk Stompy

Now that m12 previews are coming out, I found an interesting creature which might fit into the deck. The only problem is the casting cost which is at 3 but you've got a creature with hexproof (troll-shroud) as well as power that increases everytime we land a forest.

Dungrove Elder - 2G
    Creature - Treefolk (R)
    Hexproof
    Dungrove Elder's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Forests you contorl.
    */*

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers.

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010
    Isla de luzón de filipinas

Quote Originally Posted by Khell View Post
    Now that m12 previews are coming out, I found an interesting creature which might fit into the deck. The only problem is the casting cost which is at 3 but you've got a creature with hexproof (troll-shroud) as well as power that increases everytime we land a forest.

Dungrove Elder - 2G
    Creature - Treefolk (R)
    Hexproof
    Dungrove Elder's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Forests you contorl.
    */*

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers.
    hmmmm.. i think its not a good addition. its at 2G cc, berserk stumpy utilize speed.

@gui and KBH
    berserk deck can still win. just play with it with your whole heart. :laughs:
    TJB

http://deartiyopaeng.blogspot.com/ <---- (updated) MTG related blog. ^_^

TES: 102nd out of 2000 players at GP Kyoto 2015 (Legacy)

UR Storm: 37th of 950 players at GP Guangzhou 2016 (Modern)

True that. The 3cc would just lengthen the time it would take to settle the game and put our chances of winning at risk although it would be nice to have a troll-shroud creature besides boggle and ledgewalker.

I've been playing Berserk Stompy for a while already and it's been quite fun. The only difference I've done is the insertion of 2 Assault Strobe as another card similar to Berserk. Works wonders on the deck. :)

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by paeng4983 View Post
    @gui and KBH
    berserk deck can still win. just play with it with your whole heart. :laughs:
    It sure does. I just don't have the time to playtest it enough and people around here don't post much about their games/experiences, which leads me to using another more updated deck.

Even tho, I think this deck is still more stable than infect zerk unless for the Blue splashed version running FoW, Daze, MM and Brainstorm, which gives that deck a pretty good defense. Any other version I tested, I still prefer the power of landing lots of 2/x's for or win on the back of 5/5's trample or 3/1's tramples fly trollshroud. xD

The 3cc guy makes you wanna increase the number of forests, and then even with 4 forests on the field, it won't beat 'Goyf

I've noticed how powerful balancing the manabase can be after I stoped adding Vines of Vastwood and came back to Seal. No clogged hands, deck helping you out, being able to Zerk asap...
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

I play 3c Berserk Stompy in BOM5 (633 players) last week. Result : 6 win / 3 lose

2 Forest
    8 G Fetch
    3 Savannah
    2 Taiga
    1 Dryad Arbor

4 ESG
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Wild Nacatl
    4 Kavu Predator
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 GSZ

4 STP
    4 Rancor
    3 VoV
    4 Invigorate
    4 Berserk
    1 Fling

SB:
    3 Vexing Shusher
    3 Gaddok Teeg
    3 Nature's Claim
    3 Seed of innocence
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Fiery Justice (very bad...)

Merfolk 2/0
    Merfolk 0/2
    G/B Pikula/Stoneforge 2/0
    U/W Stoneforge 0/2 (one game i mulligan at 4 cards without land :(
    Team America 2/0
    CounterTop ***** 1/2
    Reanimator 2/0
    And the two other win, i'm not sure, but i think is Rock and *****.

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010

Result : 6 win / 3 lose
    i told you guys. berserk stumpy still rocks! :)
    by the way, how did mental mistep do against you (magic-style)?
    TJB

It's very bad for me. I play VS 5 or 6 deck with Mental Mistep :( I think play 3 MM in maindeck VS Swords and MM :)

I thinking for a list G/R/U look like :

15 Land
    4 Lotus Petal / or Noble hierarch
    4 ESG / or lotus petal or Noble

4 Brainstorm
    4 Probe
    3 or 4 MM

4 Kavru
    4 Kind fiend
    4 GSZ

x Skyshroud Cutter
    x VoV
    4 Invigorate
    4 Berserk

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Gui View Post
    It sure does. I just don't have the time to playtest it enough and people around here don't post much about their games/experiences, which leads me to using another more updated deck.

Even tho, I think this deck is still more stable than infect zerk unless for the Blue splashed version running FoW, Daze, MM and Brainstorm, which gives that deck a pretty good defense. Any other version I tested, I still prefer the power of landing lots of 2/x's for or win on the back of 5/5's trample or 3/1's tramples fly trollshroud. xD

The 3cc guy makes you wanna increase the number of forests, and then even with 4 forests on the field, it won't beat 'Goyf

I've noticed how powerful balancing the manabase can be after I stoped adding Vines of Vastwood and came back to Seal. No clogged hands, deck helping you out, being able to Zerk asap...
    I would love to post my tournament results... but I don't actually own any Berserk yet :< I hope to in the near future, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Style View Post
    It's very bad for me. I play VS 5 or 6 deck with Mental Mistep :( I think play 3 MM in maindeck VS Swords and MM :)

I thinking for a list G/R/U look like :

15 Land
    4 Lotus Petal / or Noble hierarch
    4 ESG / or lotus petal or Noble

4 Brainstorm
    4 Probe
    3 or 4 MM

4 Kavru
    4 Kind fiend
    4 GSZ

x Skyshroud Cutter
    x VoV
    4 Invigorate
    4 Berserk
    You don't actually need blue here. You can easily cut Brainstorm IMO.

Why are you running Red, but no Assault Strobe? Also, this is the sort of deck that would benefit from Mutagenic Growth. Vines of Vastwood wouldn't be needed, especially with maindeck MM, and Skyshroud Cutter is just gross without Kavu. If you keep blue, would Distortion Strike be viable? It's absolutely ridiculous with the Fiend. You also won't need GSZ with... 2 targets (include Arbor...)
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Feb 2010
    Salamanca, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by boneclub24 View Post
    You don't actually need blue here. You can easily cut Brainstorm IMO.
    Why are you running Red, but no Assault Strobe? Also, this is the sort of deck that would benefit from Mutagenic Growth. Vines of Vastwood wouldn't be needed, especially with maindeck MM, and Skyshroud Cutter is just gross without Kavu. If you keep blue, would Distortion Strike be viable? It's absolutely ridiculous with the Fiend. You also won't need GSZ with... 2 targets (include Arbor...)
    Mutagenic is really not good at all in a regular stompy list. It's good in Infect, but a +2/+2 is too little when we need to get to 20 damage ASAP.
    Vines could be cuttable, over Might of old Krosa or GG, but I think it's needed in a list that runs only 8 creatures, and plays heavily around Kavu.

Skyshroud Cutter could be a next option when he plays GSZ, since this means that he runs 8 Kavus.
    Also GSZ is really good next to Kiln Fiend, because GSZ=Creature, but pumps Kiln, since it is a spell.

You don't need Brainstorm and therefore you don't need blue, but I also don't like Gitaxian Probe... We want to make each card in our hand count.

Brazilians go nuts!
    Jan 2009

4 GSZ
    What is that creature?
    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.
    Black Knight

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
    What is that creature?
    lol
    its green sun zenith bro
    TJB

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by NihilObstat View Post
    Mutagenic is really not good at all in a regular stompy list. It's good in Infect, but a +2/+2 is too little when we need to get to 20 damage ASAP.
    Vines could be cuttable, over Might of old Krosa or GG, but I think it's needed in a list that runs only 8 creatures, and plays heavily around Kavu.

Skyshroud Cutter could be a next option when he plays GSZ, since this means that he runs 8 Kavus.
    Also GSZ is really good next to Kiln Fiend, because GSZ=Creature, but pumps Kiln, since it is a spell.

You don't need Brainstorm and therefore you don't need blue, but I also don't like Gitaxian Probe... We want to make each card in our hand count.
    But Mutagenic gains a lot of power paired with Kiln Fiend ;)
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Feb 2010
    Salamanca, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by boneclub24 View Post
    But Mutagenic gains a lot of power paired with Kiln Fiend ;)
    You're actually right, I didn't realize. But I would usually see that list trying to work more with Kavu, and only Kiln if it's what you got.

Anyway, you are right and maybe the list should play both Invigorate and Mutagenic Growth as free pump spells.

Any testing on it? I'm currently testing a Counter protected Infect stompy, but it's not doing good, and my regular Monogreen B.S. is lately deceiving me.

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010

Quote Originally Posted by NihilObstat View Post
    You're actually right, I didn't realize. But I would usually see that list trying to work more with Kavu, and only Kiln if it's what you got.

Anyway, you are right and maybe the list should play both Invigorate and Mutagenic Growth as free pump spells.

Any testing on it? I'm currently testing a Counter protected Infect stompy, but it's not doing good, and my regular Monogreen B.S. is lately deceiving me.
    i've been play testing my B.S.here with blue decks that run MM and counterTOP, and i am really having a hard time against their wall of counters.

i am thinking of putting 1 susher in my MD, fetch it with GSZ then begin my assault.

here's what's in my mind

2 savannah
    2 taiga
    2 plateau
    4 windswepth heath
    4 wooded foothills
    3 forest

4 noble
    4 ESG
    3 qasali
    4 kavu
    4 klin
    1 susher
    4 stp
    4 berserk
    1 strobe assault
    4 invigorate
    4 mutagenic
    4 VoV
    2 GSZ
    TJB

Gitaxian Probe is a very good card. It's free pump with klin fiend, you can see oppenent hand the first turn if there are Wasteland and see oppenent archetype deck. Or if you want to go "all-in" it's nice to see if oppenent have STP, Daze, Fow....
    Brainstorm is nice too, it's pump with kiln fiend and you can choose get more creature or pump or protect spell (MM,VoV) and it's better with Gitaxian Probe :)

Feb 2010
    Salamanca, Spain

Gitaxian Probe is a very good card. It's free pump with klin fiend, you can see oppenent hand the first turn if there are Wasteland and see oppenent archetype deck. Or if you want to go "all-in" it's nice to see if oppenent have STP, Daze, Fow....
    Brainstorm is nice too, it's pump with kiln fiend and you can choose get more creature or pump or protect spell (MM,VoV) and it's better with Gitaxian Probe :)
    I do realize about all of the advantages that both Prove and Brainstorm have, but I just don't believe that they are good enough, at least not brainstorm.
    Probe and MM and be payed with 2 life, but splashing to blue only to play Brain, is definitely too much.

Also, I do realize that Probe is good, but he'd be only good next to Kiln, and even then, there'll be many, many games where you'll just hate to see Probe more than any other card, you'll end up cutting it, you'll see.

Yesteday i finish 5th on 80 players.

I take my deckliste of BOM5, and change: -3 VoV, +3 skyshroud cutter in MD, and -2 fiery justice, +1 shusher +1 nature's claim in SB.

Tres.h urg 2/0
    Painter red 2/0
    Goblin rb 2/1
    Merfolk 2/0
    Landstill 1/2
    Affinity 2/0
    Burn W ID

5-1-1

1/4 final togless 1/2

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Yesteday i finish 5th on 80 players.

I take my deckliste of BOM5, and change: -3 VoV, +3 skyshroud cutter in MD, and -2 fiery justice, +1 shusher +1 nature's claim in SB.
    Here, let me help:

// Maindeck
    2 Forest
    2 Wooded Foothills
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Savannah
    2 Taiga
    1 Dryad Arbor

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Wild Nacatl
    4 Kavu Predator
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Green Sun Zenith
    3 Skyshroud Cutter

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Rancor
    4 Invigorate
    4 Berserk
    1 Fling

// Sideboard
    SB: 4 Vexing Shusher
    SB: 4 Nature's Claim
    SB: 3 Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 3 Seeds of innocence
    SB: 1 Qasali Pridemage

Tres.h urg 2/0
    Painter red 2/0
    Goblin rb 2/1
    Merfolk 2/0
    Landstill 1/2
    Affinity 2/0
    Burn W ID
    5-1-1
    1/4 final togless 1/2
    Could you share how you sided?
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.

Nov 2010
    Seattle

I've entered the next MTG Salvation MWS tourney. I had to drop from the last one I entered due to too many things going on, and I was suspended during the last one. I can't decide what deck to run. I'm actually considering this, but I probably won't due to the meta probably being lots of Junk and Mental Misstep decks. Thoughts? This is my list btw:

Land: 17
    17 Forest

Creatures: 21
    3 Jungle Lion
    4 Kavu Predator
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    2 Scryb Sprites
    4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk

Spells: 22
    4 Berserk
    4 Invigorate
    4 Might of Old Krosa
    4 Rancor
    4 Seal of Strength
    2 Sylvan Library

Sideboard: 15
    3 Winter Orb
    4 Gleeful Sabotage
    4 Mindbreak Trap
    4 Mental Misstep

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/berserk-stompy-2/

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Ok, this is the list I've been working with. I'll give it a break on testings, but I tested a fair amount. It still wins against blue tempo, even with MM available, specially with Rushwood SB. I wanted to test more, but unfortunatly it seems like people don't like playtesting against this, so...

People who advocate that Kavu is too fair/cute will probably like this list:

// Lands
    17 Forest

// Creatures
    4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Jungle Lion
    4 Viridian Zealot

// Spells
    4 Rancor
    4 Invigorate
    4 Seal of Strength
    4 Giant Growth
    4 Berserk
    3 Sylvan Library

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 Reverent Silence
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 Rushwood Legate
    SB: 1 Choke
    SB: 2 Winter Orb
    SB: 1 Compost
    SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 2 Seeds of Innocence

Possible change to increase 1cc creatures (I'm doing fine with 12): -1 Sylvan -1 viridian +2 Scryb

Siding like this:

Blue tempo (Merfolks, Threshold, UGx):
    -1 Sylvan
    -1 Zealot
    -1 Growth
    +3 Rushwood

Blue control:
    -3 Berserk
    -3 Invigorate
    +1 Choke
    +2 Winter Orb
    +3 Rushwood

Dredge:
    -4 Silhana
    -1 Zealot
    +2 Tormods
    +2 Relics
    +1 Compost

BGW / Hymn.dec:
    -1 Viridian
    -1 Invigorate
    -1 Growth
    +2 Winter Orb
    +1 Compost

Zoo/Maverick:
    -1 Sylvan
    -1 Invigorate
    +2 Relic -> Totaly worth it

Enchantress:
    -2 Silhana
    +2 Reverent Silence

Affinity/stax-like/mud:
    -2 Silhana
    +2 Seeds of Innocence

This SB has outs to everything but Combo. If Ad Nauseam, side-in Rushwood over Silhana and try to rush their life.
    If High Tide, Side-in Rushwood and Choke over silhana. Either case, don't side out the pumps. Belcher is kinda scoop unless they EtW and you hit lots of creatures.

Thread Information