Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Dogs] Going to Start Playing Zoo

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

[Dogs] Going to Start Playing Zoo

Not sure what happened last night, but I left my U/g/w CounterTop deck on the couch when I went to bed (inside a plastic deck-box which was inside a large zip-lock bag). Sometime after I left for work this morning, our 4-month old cattle dog puppy got into the bag, destroyed the deck-box and chewed on several cards. It's funny, I know, but it also sucks. Cards that are totally fucked:

1 Tarmogoyf
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Brainstorm
    2 Ponder
    1 Daze

Thankfully (and I mean thankfully) all of the duals, Forces, and Goyfs 2-4 are okay. Well, 1 other Goyf, a Tropical Island and a Force have minor teeth marks, but I think they're playable in sleeves.

Mainly, it's the Goyf and blue fetches that are super fucked. (Technically, the Brainstorm and Daze got the worst of the Wrath of Puppy, but I'm not worried about them.)

Anyway, thought I'd share, since the lady doesn't quite get how bad this is (though, she is sensitive to my aggravation/pain) -- other than saying I need to replace ~$65 of MtG cards. I'm also really happy that I don't like foil cards, otherwise, the puppy would be on the street.

Sadly, the Monoblack Control deck that was in the same zip-lock bag (don't ask) was completely untouched.

Do you have any embarrassing stories about your stuff getting destroyed?

The culprit:

Also, Henry (dog) and his best friend, Jack (cat).

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Re: [Fuck] Going to Start Playing Zoo

A few weeks ago I was putting new sleeves on my Vintage deck and something similar happened. I dropped my Black Lotus for just a second, and the moment it hit the floor my cat pounced on it and shredded it. Luckily, it was International Edition, but that's still like $150-200 down the drain. :(

Hella fuckin' balls to the wall awesome
    Mar 2008
    Maryland

At least he's cute.
    Team Unicorn: We're horny...get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    You might want to go to a hospital. It appears you cracked your head open.

You are leaking stupid all over the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    I masturbated on that picture of your cat.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by beastman View Post
    At least he's cute.
    I want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

No magic cards destroyed in this one.

When I was 10-11 years old I was hanging out by my friend's pool where 2-3 kids were swimming around. I was sick, so my mom wouldn't let me join them. Anyway, I used to always carry my toys around with me everywhere in a banana bag (you tie around your waist ). In it I had my Game Boy Pocket and 5-6 Games (including pokemon red and blue). I also had all my pokemon cards which weren't the most expensive but as a kid, they had a lot of sentimental value.

I was sitting by the pool on a chair the tip of which was meant to go in the water so ppl can sit with their feet submerged. I wanted to get up at some point, but my sudden movement unhinged the chair from where it was being held and the chair tipped and it and I fell into the water. Everything was ruined from gameboy, to games, to cards.

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Sadly, the Monoblack Control deck that was in the same zip-lock bag (don't ask) was completely untouched.[/IMG]

Maybe your dog hates Goyf and Blue and is a MBC player
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

OVER 9000
    Aug 2008
    Michigan

My dog ate a brainstorm too....

I wonder if dogs hate the most broken card in legacy?
    Made day 2 in GP columbus

BZK Powertool

Jul 2009
    Glens Falls, NY

Quote Originally Posted by jakolhops View Post
    My dog ate a brainstorm too....

I wonder if dogs hate the most broken card in legacy?
    My dog has eaten my money. It ate 4 twenty dollar bills and left me with six ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivon View Post
    My dog has eaten my money. It ate 4 twenty dollar bills and left me with six ones.
    Your dog has an expensive appetite, he dont fuck with the dollar menu

I send a Birds and a couple of the Future Sight duals through the wash in my wallet. A few years before that I also somehow decided it would be a good idea to put one of my signed Exalted Angels in my pocket and then promptly sat on it and bent it in half. Nothing as bad as getting a Goyf and some Fetches eaten though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

XIII
    Jun 2009
    Germany

My Hamster ate some bites from a few cards last year, but nothing of much value

I only play blue for Brainstorm and combo.
    Jan 2008
    Alpharetta, Georgia

When we had him my dog bit the shit out of Weakness from 4th Edition and stepped on Cunning from Exodus! I kept both cards for sentimental value cause I just loved that dog. I would highly advise hanging onto those cards your dog got to, them will mean a lot more down the line.
    "I just shot Marvin in the face!"
    "Why the fuck'd you do that??"

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

The Misty Rainforest you just got Bardo? That suckkks.

I don't have anything as terrible as most of these, but at the time it was bad. My first deck was a Cleric deck. I bought singles for it which was a first, put sleeves on it which was a first, and also got this deck box for it. Well, I had it in my backpack and somehow the metal deck box got completely crushed. All of the cards were destroyed. Made me leave Magic for a while :(

Feb 2009
    Belgium

I actually still play a Wasteland that my dog bit in about 5 years ago .

It has a little whole in the right hand corner; if it would've been something different from a land, the mana cost would have been gone... He also destroyed a Lotus Petal at the time and some other random cards. I only played casual so luckily I didn't have any duals or Goyfs back then.

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

When I was 15, I once drank half a bottle of coke and placed it back in my backpack. Apparently I didn't put the cap back on correctly. Guess what happened to the 3 decks in there . This was back in 1997, so I didn't have competitive decks back then, but still, literally all my cards were destroyed. Learned a valuable lesson about bottlecaps there
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Dodge this.
    Jan 2005
    Westland, Michigan

I somehow managed to get a blob of blue pen ink on one of my Wastelands. When I tried to quickly wipe it off, the ink just smeared and dried. I tried a little acetone and things just got worse. Now I just have an "altered art" Wasteland.

I also have lots of stories where animals have ruined my stuff. Worst ever was this stupid cat that decided the back of my Fender Ultimate Chorus guitar amplifier was better than the litter box. That cat now lives, or has died in the woods.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by umbowta View Post
    I somehow managed to get a blob of blue pen ink on one of my Wastelands. When I tried to quickly wipe it off, the ink just smeared and dried. I tried a little acetone and things just got worse. Now I just have an "altered art" Wasteland.

I also have lots of stories where animals have ruined my stuff. Worst ever was this stupid cat that decided the back of my Fender Ultimate Chorus guitar amplifier was better than the litter box. That cat now lives, or has died in the woods.
    Oh poor kitty :(

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Oh poor kitty :(
    Was his name Anus Mittens?

That reminds me, I heared P_R is getting a kitten. He MUST name it Anus Mittens.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Was his name Anus Mittens?

That reminds me, I heared P_R is getting a kitten. He MUST name it Anus Mittens.
    God I hope he gets two, that would just make my day.

Re: [Dogs] Going to Start Playing Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    1 Tarmogoyf
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Brainstorm
    2 Ponder
    1 Daze
    sorry, were they foil?
    if not, then you only lost $70.. not too bad, dont start playing zoo!

btw, the dog is awesome. good luck

Thread Information