Thread: Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle

Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle

So the field is 4 Mountains 1 Valakut, the Molten Pinacle, 2 Arid Mesa. I crack 1 Arid Mesa putting a Mountain into play, will Valakut trigger in order to check if there are 5 other mountains in play giving me a chance to crack the other Arid Mesa, putting another Mountain into play? Which would give me the Valakut activation for both mountains.

Re: Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle

Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
    Land
    Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle enters the battlefield tapped.
    Whenever a Mountain enters the battlefield under your control, if you control at least five other Mountains, you may have Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle deal 3 damage to target creature or player.
    T: Add R to your mana pool.
    603.4. A triggered ability may read "When/Whenever/At [trigger event], if [condition], [effect]." When the trigger event occurs, the ability checks whether the stated condition is true. The ability triggers only if it is; otherwise it does nothing. If the ability triggers, it checks the stated condition again as it resolves. If the condition isn't true at that time, the ability is removed from the stack and does nothing. Note that this mirrors the check for legal targets. This rule is referred to as the "intervening 'if' clause" rule. (The word "if" has only its normal English meaning anywhere else in the text of a card; this rule only applies to an "if" that immediately follows a trigger condition.)
    The ability will not trigger if the condition is not true.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Alright, but if I Harrow sacing a Forest putting Mountains #5 and #6 into play I will get both of the Valakut triggers correct?

Harrow 2G
    Instant
    As an additional cost to cast Harrow, sacrifice a land.
    Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
    The lands come into play at the same time, so when when Valakut checks whether it triggers you'll have six mountains in play.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information