Thread: Nath of the Gilt Leaf

Cabal Therapist
    Nov 2007
    Akron, OH

Nath of the Gilt Leaf

My opponent has two cards in hand. If I resolve a Hymn to Tourach with Nath of the Gilt Leaf on the battlefield under my control, how many Elf Warrior tokens do I get --- one or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    How would Nitewolf have said this?... P_R went over the line. But it was about naming cats. Also, Anus Mittens is a good name for a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    "Casual sex, NO Touching/Licking/Sucking/Groping/Fondling/Riding/Tickling/Binding/Quitters/Italians. Play Fast, Be Polite, Have Fun."

Sure as hell sounds like fun.

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Re: Nath of the Gilt Leaf

Two, since each discard is done one at a time, like when drawing cards.

It makes sense if you think about it in steps: You first have to choose one card to discard, then only after that you can choose your second one. The wording on cards like hymn imply, "Discard a card at random two times"
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Jan 2006
    Chesapeake, VA

Actually, both discards happen simultaneously, but Nath still triggers twice, because the trigger event happened twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Once Solidarity resolves a Meditate the most productive thing you can do with Orim's Chant is to find a nearby tophat and try to toss the Orim's Chant into it to amuse yourself while your opponent finishes his combo.

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Huh, that's what I get for assuming things. Is there anything in the rules about multiple discards? I couldn't find anything, so is that why it happens simultaneously?
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Yep. There is a specific rule for drawing cards and only for drawing cards.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information