Thread: How misdirection works

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

How misdirection works

I cast Orim's Chant, my oppo Fows it, in response I want to Misdirection the Fow. Now, which are the legal target that I can take in order to make the Fow not hit the Chant anymore? Never understood really well how Misdi works..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Aug 2006
    Hudson Falls, NY

Re: How misdirection works

You can make the fow target your misdirection

Site Contributor

Jul 2007
    Europe

Re: How misdirection works

"-Your opponent plays Big Nasty Spell.
    -You play Counterspell, targeting the Big Nasty Spell.
    -Your opponent plays Misdirection, targeting the Counterspell. (Misdirection only has one target - the spell with a single target that it's going to change the target of.)
    -You both pass, so Misdirection resolves. Now your opponent changes the target of Counterspell to another spell on the stack. Until Misdirection has changed the target of Counterspell, it's still on the stack. So your opponent makes Counterspell target the Misdirection. Now that Misdirection has changed the target of Counterspell, and has fully resolved, Misdirection goes to the graveyard.
    -You both pass again. Counterspell attempts to resolve, but the spell it's now targeting (Misdirection) isn't on the stack any more to be countered. So Counterspell is countered on resolution.
    -Now, unless you play something else (another Counterspell maybe?), the Big Nasty Spell will resolve."

Hope it will help you to understand the stack :)

Thread Information