Thread: Eureka + CITP effects

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Eureka + CITP effects

This is a question concerning Eureka and CITP creatures such as Ebon Dragon for example. Will the CITP effect trigger when Ebon Dragon enters play, making my opponent discard a card immediately, or do I have to wait until Eureka resolves before the CITP effect takes place? Thanks ahead of time for your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Knowing what to buy is just as impo as knowing when to buy.

Nov 2006
    Hungary

Re: Eureka + CITP effects

Triggers will only go on the stack after Eureka resolves.

However, a followup question: With cards like Living Death, Replenish, and such, you have the option of choosing what order the effects will trigger in. Do you still have that option with Eureka?
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

Timmy-Spike-Melvin . . . . . Level 2 Judge

Dec 2009
    Vienna, Austria

Triggered abilities (starting with "When" "Whenever" or "At") triggering on "enters the battlefield" (such as Ebon Dragon) will go onto the stack right after Eureka is completely resolved.

Edit Follow up question: When the resolution of Eureka is complete, at first the active player puts all his triggered abilities onto the stack, afterwards the nonactive player. (known as "APNAP-Rule")

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

That's... Disappointing. I was hoping that Ebon Dragon would actually be able to reduce the opponent's threats that he would of normally put into play off of a Eureka. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Knowing what to buy is just as impo as knowing when to buy.

Thread Information