Page 178 of 228 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4544

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by jake556 View Post
    That would be me :)

Also are you running a non lily build?
    On MTGO yeah, I still prefer to run Lili in paper though.

Dec 2014
    Philly area

The new Recruiter of the Guard fetches every single creature card in aggro loam, bar none, including the ones in the sideboard. I'm thinking -1 Knight, -1 Sylvan or something might be in order for testing. Has anyone tried any in the maindeck?

There was a recent reddit post with a creative list featuring it here

I think if we are ever in a situation that paying 6 mana for knight is fine (even if it is over 2 turns) then we don't need that kind of an effect (we already won, or we are topdecking so most any card is fine). All of the non-bob, non-green creatures need to hit play ASAP to be worth playing, so recruiting for thalia or w.e isn't a strong play.

The deck is quite mana intensive as it is, and you are adding something that requires a massive amount of usable mana to the point that IMO a good recruiter loam deck would need to be pretty different from what we have now.

The unique benefit of Recruiter in the current deck is getting bob in the late game, and that isn't something I'd cut a Knight and Library for.

I'm interested in seeing any results if you do end up trying it tho.

Hey guys

I've come to the conclusion that this is one hell of a deck and I'm currently building this sexy beast.

One quick question about sideboarding: In which matchups do you board in the combo? (if not maindeck)

I dont know how keen i am on playing a 3 drop to tutor a creature, that I could have paid x+1 for and put into play with GSZ.

If we are looking at paying more than 1 extra mana for our creature tutor, Eladamri's Call has got to be better than Recruiter for 1 mana less we get an instant rather than a 1/1 body.

As for when the combo is boarded in, I can tell you the combo is at its best when the fair gameplan is at its worst. I haven't taken the combo out of my deck basically since i tried it but:

You want it in "just dudes" matchups like Eldrazi and Merfolk because keeping up KotR for 2 turns is a legit win con now.
    You want it against combo decks to speed up your kill, especially against S&T decks as those are the bad matchups.
    You probably want it against more midrangy decks to not have to grind.

The last one might be a "keep it if you have it, but don't add it" situation. Not sure

Don't just have an idea - have all of them
    Apr 2016
    Germnay

In germany AggroLoam is a pretty strong deck right now.
    As a fan of big creatures and creatures in general I focus more on them rather on the plan of loam+wasteland. I cut 2 wastelands for the dark depths combo and I play 3 gsz and Titania. Titania won so often and sometimes very quick some games. What do you think ? Is she a bit overkill ? Also I have the feeling that drawing wastelands make me slow. I want to fetch with the knight when needed or when I can start a mana denial plan. Often times my opponent starts with deathrite shaman and I am sitting there with my wasteland and no removal for the shaman and in about 80% of this situations is wasting my opponent not good because he doesn't care with his shaman.

Jun 2013
    The Netherlands

Played a tournament on saturday, second time with this deck. Nothing special in this list, 54 people in attendance.

Round 1 Sneak and show
    Game 1 he quickly drops emrakul in and I scoop before he has seen anything out of my deck.
    Game 2 I have Karakas for his show and tell, he finds needle for it, but by the time he activates sneak attack for griselbrand I have the combo assembled. He misses that fact and attacks. I kill the puny demon and smash his face in.
    Game 3 I have kotr on show and bounce emrakul. He drops blood moon, but knight is already 8/8 and he doesn't find a win.

Round 2 against eldrazi
    Game 1 I get a knight, sadly for 5/5, which his dismember takes care of.
    Game two I get blown out by all is dust.

Round 3 Death and taxes
    Game 1 he quickly deploys batterskull via sfm and a thalia. I dropped a turn 1 chalice, bob and teeg. I double block thalia so I can drop lili, he sacks sfm to it. Next turn I pump ooze to 4/4 killing token. Im now at 4, hes at 32. Library finds me the wastelock as he was stuck on cavern plus karakas.
    Game 2 is grindy, but he suits up batterskull with jitte.
    Game 3 I drop t1 library and have pufi online from t2. We draw, but as I got downpaired he graciously scoops.

Round 4 4c delver
    Game 1 he assembled 3 delvers that refuse to flip. Token wins after he flips them as he missed the combo and attacked into it.
    Game 2 he drops shaman t1. I topdeck stp, drop my own shaman t2 followed by ooze which keeps his goyf down

Round 5 Dredge
    Game 1 he easily wins, couldn't find anything even though I knew what he was on.
    Game 2 I have crop rot sadly also bog in hand. He reanimates ashen rider, I bog most of his deck. Maze keeps the flyer at bay, while knight and pufi take care of the ground. He decks himself.
    Game 3 I open double mox, triple land, containment priest and gsz. He combos t1 making me sad.

Round 6 Sneak and show
    No chance game 1, mull to 4 game 2.

Still won a knight, completing my playset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    "Sometimes people advocate the banning of Brainstorm from Legacy, and it's okay to kill those people."

Hi everyone. I am a new 4C Loam player. Kory Ponting and Tom Keating sold me on this deck and I love it (currently playing stock list).

One matchup I faced last week at the local game shop that felt real bad is Infect. I am hoping to get some feedback on this sideboard plan.

-4 Chalice of the Void, -2 Sylvan Library, -1 Karakas, -1 Dark Depths, -1 Thespian Stage
    +3 Swords to Plowshares, +2 Thalia, Guardian Thraben, +2 Thoughtseize, +1 Toxic Deluge, +1 Golgari Charm

Cutting Chalice may seem counterintuitive, but it feels real bad if it doesn't come down turn 1. It also doesn't stop a lot of their payoff cards like Blighted Agent, Invigorate, Become Immense, Sylvan Library, etc. I would rather have as much cheap interaction as possible.

Similarly, I found Library to be underwhelming for a few reasons. First, it is just one more card that doesn't impact the board; if the game goes long it seems like we are ahead anyways. Second, it plays into the sub game where they more likely than not bring in Krosan Grip. Cutting Chalice and Library completely blanks Grip.

I look forward to your feedback!

I looked up a random infect decklist and counted 23 1drops. Cutting Chalice is absolutely insane. I agree with your general feeling that 2 mana non-creature non-removal things are generally not where you want to be, but even playing it on turn 2 is often turns off enough cards that you can deal with whatever else. Most importantly, it turns off the cards they use to protect themselves from non-damage removal and that is a huge part of their gameplan.

The rest is less controversial. Library sucks after turn 1 under pressure, tho it is absolutely insane when it is in play. I generally cut only 1, but I'm the card's biggest fan.

Shaving 3(2) lands is a lot (esp. against 1drops+daze.dec), but if you are comfortable doing that it is fine (I personally almost never shave mana sources)

Deluge is a removal spell. But IMO it just costs so much in a resource intensive matchup like this.

Dodging a 3 mana card is very expensive here. We give up some of our best cards to do so.

My boarding plan (With my list) is as follows:

Out:
    1x Life from the Loam (1 is good for a waste-lock later in the game, but it is worse than library otherwise)
    1x Sylvan Library (mentioned above)
    1x Scavenging Ooze (none of the 3 modes of the card are particularly good)
    2x Dark Confidant (we don't need much CA to win, and it kinda has the library problem. blocking chip damage from the elf is the only upside to bob over library)
    1x Gaddock Teeg (turns off become immense and force. Card is kind of borderline)

IN:
    1x Choke (Double sinkhole can be crippling)
    3x Swords to Plowshares (1 mana removal)
    2x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (Slows their game way down, and stonewalls the elf)
    Last edited by apocolyps6; 09-05-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Won a SCG IQ with the same list.

Round 1 Burn Win

Round 2 Esper Stoneblade Loss

Round 3 Weird Stoneblade list with Moms and Meddling Mage main Win

Round 4 Reanimator Win

Top 4

Eldrazi Win

Finals RUG Delver Win

Still not playing the combo, should I be? Think I would miss the 4th decay and love the 2 Sylvan Library.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=105642

Don't just have an idea - have all of them
    Apr 2016
    Germnay

chalice is the reason why loam is strong right now. AggroLoam is built to break the format. most legacy decks are living from cheap and efficient one mana spells.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    Won a SCG IQ with the same list.

Still not playing the combo, should I be? Think I would miss the 4th decay and love the 2 Sylvan Library.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=105642

They say, never change a winning team. But, i like playing the combo. I would not cut the 2nd library. I would suggest fetch nr6, Decay nr4 or a Barren Moor/Ticket. Lacking Decay nr4 can be annoying. Awhile ago i tried running PFire nr4 as a 61st card main, because the lack of removal sometimes and haven't had issue's since. PFire is a card i really wanna see nearly every MU.

Did you ever resolve Arlinn Kord? Never had the pleasure...
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Did you ever resolve Arlinn Kord? Never had the pleasure...[/QUOTE]

I did vs esper stoneblade, the loss. We ended with him winning 1-0-1. I resolved it game 2 along with Garruk and we had a long drawn out planeswalkers war, he had JTMS, Venser(u/w) and new b/w walker. Could of won game 2 but we couldn't finish the games quick enough. We both played rather slow. I thought after the game I could of took out the planeswalkers pretty easily if I would of used Garruk flip side ability to sac a guy get a KOTR and give it haste with Arlin. It was a sweet game but those 2 walkers let me stay in the game, just time wasn't on my side.

@apocolyps6: Thanks for the boarding advice vs. Infect. I tried your plan and it worked great. I killed my opponent's first two infect creatures then stuck a Chalice. Opponent died with a full grip of uncastable one mana spells. :D

On a separate note, I just wanted to mention that - at least in my local meta - Death and Taxes is very popular and that means Sanctum Prelate is a thing. If they play that jerk on 2 it basically blanks the entire deck (e.g., Punishing Fire, Abrupt Decay, Scooze, Library, Bob, Chalice on 1). It is extremely hard to beat preboard. Postboard it is beatable with Toxic Deluge, Swords, and Garruk Relentless. To account for this, is it reasonable to make room for a Toxic Deluge main? If so, what should I cut?

Quote Originally Posted by o_boogie View Post
    @apocolyps6: Thanks for the boarding advice vs. Infect. I tried your plan and it worked great. I killed my opponent's first two infect creatures then stuck a Chalice. Opponent died with a full grip of uncastable one mana spells. :D

On a separate note, I just wanted to mention that - at least in my local meta - Death and Taxes is very popular and that means Sanctum Prelate is a thing. If they play that jerk on 2 it basically blanks the entire deck (e.g., Punishing Fire, Abrupt Decay, Scooze, Library, Bob, Chalice on 1). It is extremely hard to beat preboard. Postboard it is beatable with Toxic Deluge, Swords, and Garruk Relentless. To account for this, is it reasonable to make room for a Toxic Deluge main? If so, what should I cut?
    The main deck is very tight. Almost no wiggle room. Deluge not really needed in there. If they go sanctum you can go knight/combo. He is not coming out until turn 3 at the earliest. If you can keep the creatures at bay with removal until then you can drop lili to take out sanctum.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

If Sanctum is going to be a problem and DnT might explode i'd probably squeeze in a Cabal Pit or Barbarian Ring in there (which also dodge MoM).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

My 1-of mainboard Dismember has been huge in testing against Prelate, but otherwise the card basically wins them the game (knights alone is something they can deal with). Pit/Ring is an interesting idea. I played Ring in the past, and kinda found it hard to consistently have threshold when it was necessary. The deck was a little but slower back then (this testing predates the Lili list) but against D&T, specifically Thalia and Prelate, I can see it being hard to put 7 things in the graveyard in a timely manner. Any testing data about these cards would be great.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I ran Cabal Pit a while back and found it just too hard to get Threshold quickly enough to matter. The pain wasn't an issue, though.

I'm running a quite stock list, just thinking on one slot in the sideboard:
    Volcanic Fallout VS Toxic Deluge

considering a meta with lot of Miracles and Grixis delver which of the two do you think would better fit? Initially I was set on VF (cannot be countered) but TD can deal with a lot of creatures.

Any thought or comment is more than welcome!!!

Thread Information