Page 2 of 228 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Re: [DtW] Aggro Loam

Hi again,
    I've played versions with and without BW and DD, and my personal feeling is that the deck works faster without them. My results werent good anyway, but it was easier for me to do my play. And having a full SB is worth it, cause the worst pairings, like storm combo, are no more impossible.
    Aggro Zombies thanxx again, could you pleaese write a matchup against canadian threshold?

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Are you sideboarding +3 zuran orb just for the black storm combo matchup and, like, burn?

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
    Are you sideboarding +3 zuran orb just for the black storm combo matchup and, like, burn?
    Burn can be an issue for the deck, so yes.

Storm is pretty bad regardless, but you can get better percentages with either Orb or Thorn of Amethyst (which I don't run because it's pretty bad everywhere else).

U also side it in against goblins and zoo^^
    It will steal some time to win against gobblins and zoo so it ain't bad..

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Storm is pretty bad regardless, but you can get better percentages with either Orb or Thorn of Amethyst (which I don't run because it's pretty bad everywhere else).
    Correct me if I'm wrong--it's been some time since I've played Aggro Loam in Legacy--but I used to use Thorn in Extended before Odyssey rotated to help my Dredge matchup as well. In Legacy it might be less useful because of the presence of LED, but their mana bases are pretty thin to begin with, and the combination of Thorn and Wasteland seems like it might help.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

I know that people have played white as splash fourth color, but has anyone ever considered running white instead of red? I was brainstorming on a build something like

26 Lands
    4 Mox Diamond

4 Dark Confidant
    4 Goof
    3 Knight of the Reliquary
    3 Terravore

4 Life From the Loam
    4 Vindicate
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Armageddon or Cataclysm (?)

Jun 2009
    Germany

Crusher > Knight > Terravore

Cutting Red (Crusher, Assault) for White (Knight, Vindicate) doesn't make any sense. Just take 2 more Maelstrom Pulse and you have no need for Vindicate.

At the moment I'm testing the differences between RGb with and without Wish. Both are really strong.

On the tournament last saturday I got paired two times with Belcher and won both rounds... strange... :D
    Last edited by Fasbi; 02-16-2010 at 01:35 PM.

I've also had generally positive results against Belcher. I think it may be an exception to the Bad Storm Matchup Rule because it tends to go all-in on its opener and, short of playing and activating Charbelcher for lethal on your turn zero, you have a lot of tools to answer the Goblin tokens. At that point, Belcher is pretty screwed.

We all seeing the rise of bant survival decks in these days.
    AgrroLoam can be competitive against this archetype???

2 copies of Devastating Dreams in MD nowdays are useful used at the right time even versus Ubased.
    Are you people of the same advice??? Can be advice for Bant Survival???

Someone will respond us???

It seems to me that the primer (which is othewise great!) is not entirely correct regarding stacking Confidant and Crusher.

(1) If you have no Loam in the gravayard or don't want to dredge:

(1a) Confidant resolves first, Crusher second:
    You get a random card from Confidant (resulting in random life loss) and a spell on the draw. A random number of lands are milled by Crusher (this is independant of what you got from Confidant - if you got a land from Confidant, the other stacking would have given you one more land to grow Crusher, but if you got a spell from Confidant, the other stacking would not have grown Crusher at all).

(1b) Crusher resolves first, Confidant second:
    You get a spell from Confidant (resulting in likely life loss) and a random card on the draw. A random number of lands are milled by Crusher.

In summary, you get one spell and one random card in either case and a random number of lands are milled by Crusher. The only difference is the probability of life loss from Confidant, which is greater in (1b). So if you don't have Loam, always stack Confidant on top.

(2) If you have Loam in the graveyard and want to dredge:

(2a) Confidant resolves first, Crusher second:
    You get a random card from Confidant (resulting in a random life loss) and Loam on the draw. Dredging will put at least one non-land in the graveyard.

(2b) Crusher resolves first, Confidant second:
    You get a spell from Confidant (resulting in likely life loss) and Loam on the draw. Dredging will put more lands in the graveyard on average than (2a).

There is no clear decision here. If you fear life loss and/or want to get a land (the latter being unlikely with Loam), (2a) is better. If you don't fear life loss and would like to get a spell, (2b) is better.

I have problems deciding on the sideboard for my Aggro-Loam deck. The deck I play is very similar to the first one in this thread. This is my current sideboard:

3 Leyline of the Void
    3 Bojuka Bog
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    2 Krosan Grip
    3 Firespout
    2 Kitchen Finks

The matchups I find the most problematic are Dredge and ANT, so I want to have at least 6 cards against each.

For Dredge, I have 3 Laylines and 3 Bogs, because Leyline gives them the most trouble, but they can bounce (or destroy) it and then I'm screwed, whereas Bog is not so great, but there's little they can do about it. Firespout also has some value against Dredge.

For ANT, I already have Chalices main, so the 5th and 6th cards and the Traps. I'm not too happy about them, because they can be duressed, but the only alternative I see is Thorn of Amethyst, which is answered by the same cards they will bring in against Chalices (and I like the idea of multi-pronged attack). What do you think the best choice against ANT is? Leylines and Kitchen Finks also have some marginal utility against ANT. And Trap is better than Thorn against Belcher, since they typically go off on turn one (when you're unlikely to have Thorn in play).

For various types of aggro, there are Firespouts and Kitchen Finks (which are also useful against burn). I think this is sufficient. Zuran Orb is often used instead of Finks, but I don't like the idea of sacrificing lands when I'm under pressure. Any thoughts on this?

Krosan Grips are obviously against Countertop and any other decks playing artifacts and enchantments, although they are clearly inadequate against stuff like Stax and Enchantress. However, I just have to hope I won't play play against these two.

In my experience, matchups against various NO-Bant-style decks are quite winnable unless they get a quick Progenitus. I would like to address this somehow, but I'm not sure how. Perish would help (and is also good against Zoo and minor players such as Elves), but what should it replace in the sideboard?

the new land from WWK ain't bad against dredge :P
    so that's maybe good (maybe also for mainboard)
    and I woudn't go for mindbreak trap

GOOD ANT players will never go off without thinking of things like counter, trap,...

I even play firespout main but that's because I'm in a heavy aggro meta.
    Zuran orb let's u win against alot of things.
    gobblins if u're going to slow, zoo, even ANT, they mostly can't do 30 damage or something...
    Zuran orb is really good.

Nov 2009
    Cincinnati Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by BantFTW View Post
    GOOD ANT players will never go off without thinking of things like counter, trap,...
    I agree with this and I have watched several people in my meta fall to ANT assuming that the pilot is not thinking about hate.

Quote Originally Posted by BantFTW View Post
    Zuran orb is really good.
    It really is that good, and for the exact reason that BantFTW stated, you can easily push an extra 10 life out of this, and they have already used their combo to hit you for 20, if you can gain 10-12 life from zuran orb and have a Life from the Loam, they are toast, cause you just recovered really easily and reset yourself for gaining more life while they have to try to get a Ill Gotten Gains to even attempt to get you with a lethal Tendrils since they already cast it.

Zuran orb was one my favorite cards back in the day cause I would abuse the heck out of it with Life from the Loam for this exact reason. I had Seismic Assault in that casual deck as well and it did a great job of grinding decks into the ground slowly and painfully.

Has someone even thought to play zuran orb maindeck?
    It seems like really strange but ur matchup against ANT and gobblins and such stuff goes really much better...
    so i don't know but it doesn't seems so strange if u are in my meta (Holland, with alot of ant and aggro)
    think about that hehe :P

Nov 2008
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Krofojed View Post
    It seems to me that the primer (which is othewise great!) is not entirely correct regarding stacking Confidant and Crusher.
    There is no difference in what you get (spells or land) whether you stack Confidant first or Crusher first, the probabilities are exactly the same for both scenarios. The only differences are that if you resolve Confidant first, you generally lose less life but have to reveal both cards you get, and if you resolve Crusher first, you don't have to reveal the card you get on your draw step, but usually lose more life to Confidant.

I actually ran a simple simulation (1M iterations) with a "deck" of 26 land, 10 0cc, 12 2cc, 12 3cc. Results (each figure is cards/life per turn):

Crusher resolved first
    Lifeloss: 1.77
    Spells drawn: 1.57
    Lands drawn: 0.43
    Lands put into graveyard: 0.74

Confidant resolved first
    Lifeloss: 1.00
    Spells drawn: 1.57
    Lands drawn: 0.43
    Lands put into graveyard: 0.74

As you can see, the spell/land/grave figures are exactly the same in both cases. Thus the only difference is in the amount of lifeloss and revealed cards. Of course, dredging can affect the decision, because with Confidant first, you get to see what you would dregde away (and will always dredge a spell), and with Crusher first, Confidant always gives you a spell and you don't know what you will dredge away.
    Last edited by luma; 03-16-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Added lands put into graveyard to simulation, rounded to a better level
    Level 2 Judge

Aggroloam vs Bant Survival is competitive?
    Any strategy??
    How deal against Retainers+Iona combo (i was thinking relic to fast exile Iona when go down in the graveyard)???

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Aggroloam vs Bant Survival is competitive?
    Any strategy??
    How deal against Retainers+Iona combo (i was thinking relic to fast exile Iona when go down in the graveyard)???
    I haven'''t played this matchup before,,, so you would have to test it...

Thanks to luma for the hard numbers there. I'll update the primer shortly.

I played Aggro Loam at GP Madrid making Day 2 against all odds. Not that I don’t trust myself as a player and in Aggro Loam as a deck, but I have pretty much zero experience of playing magic at a competitive level and I had played Aggro Loam only once in a small tournament in Helsinki with a record of 2-1-2. I wouldn’t have played any other deck on the GP though since I was happy to have finally found a competitive deck where I can play one of my all time favorite cards – Mox Diamond. Dark Confidant is another card that I’ve wanted to play for a long time, but it didn’t find a home in the CB/Top decks that I used to play before.

I didn’t take any notes so my report is pretty inaccurate, but I hope you like it nevertheless. I played Pat McGregor’s list with some very small modifications. I used to have one Swamp in the deck so I had switched one Wooded Foothills for a Verdant Catacombs. I switched the Swamp back to fourth Tranquil Thicked before the tournament, but left the Verdant Catacombs in. In the Sideboard I had 4 Leyline of the Void, 4 Firespout, 2 Krosan Grip, 2 Thorn of Amethyst and 3 Zuran Orb. I couldn’t think of many situations where I wanted to side more than two Krosan Grips in and my sideplan against ANT was to board in 2 Thorn and 3 Zuran Orbs for 2 Pulse, 2 EE and 1 Terminate. Firespouts just felt too good not to play a full playset.

I had slept less than 2 hours the night before the GP and I suppose I might still have been a little drunk when I was woken up, but I was really looking for the GP and wouldn’t have missed it for any reason. I had no BYEs so I was looking at 9 rounds of magic and a very long day amongst 2220 players..

Round 1: Storm combo (of some kind)

I won the match 2-0. My opponent apparently kept really bad hands and was manascrewed under a turn two Chalice for one. I had a Crusher beating and Pulsed twice his Lotus Petal and Chrome Mox keeping him at one mana. I didn’t see any SB cards in game two, but his deck did nothing and somehow I won.

1-0

Round 2: Zoo

I wish I had notes, but I have a feeling that Chalice for one and big beaters had something to do with me winning the first game. I might have also had a Seismic Assault making things easier. Game 2: -4 Dark Confidant +4 Firespout. I remember casting Firespout once killing two of his creatures and winning the game afterwards.

2-0

Round 3: Supreme Blue

Opponent won the roll, had fast Top + CB. I had EE in hand and 3 mana so I cast EE for 2 with 3 mana. Opponent tops in response and shows Firespout on top of his deck. At that moment I realise it’s Supreme Blue I’m playing against, but he floated Firespout and some cc2 spell on top of his deck for the rest of the game and I had no way of winning. Game 2: -2 of something +2 Krosan Grip. Don’t remember exactly how things went, but I think I saw one Grip and also feel that I had a big beater with Chalice for one on the table. Seismic Assault is by the way really awesome at drawing out those Force of Wills against pretty much any blue based (bad?) players! Anyway I won game 2. Game 3: Opponent won with a very fast CB/Top and counters for everything. Not much one can do about it.

2-1

Round 4: Merfolk

My hangover was taking over! I was certain that I would drop if I lost the match even though I would still have had a chance of making day 2. Game 1: Tight match featuring topdecks. I won the match by topdecking an EE in a situation where my opponent had attacked with 2 Adepts and had an active Jitte with 2 counters while being at 2 life. He had two Reejereys untapped and my Tarmogoyf was 6/7. Well you can do the math. Game 2: -4 Chalice +4 Firespout. I remember my opponent running straight against Firespout. I think I drew out a Fow once again with Assault and played the one sided wrath afterwards. Quick 2-0 nevertheless.

3-1

I had more than 20 minutes to find something to eat to make it through the day. I found a store nearby and bought Tropicana pineapple juice. Close to that store I bought the best Kebab-alike-sandwich I’ve had in a long time. I was suddenly feeling better and since the deck felt really good I had a change of heart concerning the dropping.

Round 5: Supreme Blue

I learned that Supreme Blue is a pretty good matchup if you can stick Chalice for one on the table and/or if the opponent doesn’t get turn one Top, turn two CB with counter backups. Don’t remember exactly how I won the first game, but I won. Game 2: +2 Krosan Grip -2 of something (can’t really think how I would SB in that matchup even afterwards..) The opponent might have played a lone CB to which I had an answer. I had plenty of threats also and the opponent suffered from the card disadvantage of multiple Force of Wills. I drew a Chalice that resolved for one. I had also a Crusher that got pretty big soon. Then my opponent played an Elspeth that made things more difficult. I would face Elspeths ultimate pretty soon and had to think of something. I had 4-5 mana on table (not 4 different colors of mana), EE in hand and Crusher flipped Chalice. Opponent had one card in hand. I decided to go for it. EE for zero, sweep the lone soldier token. Chalice for one (hoping that the one card in opponents hand isn’t Swords) which resolved. Attacked Elspeth. Opponent conceded.

4-1

Round 6: Supreme Blue

Don’t really remember anything else than winning 2-0. Was really happy to have turned the one loss against Supreme Blue to two wins against the same deck.

5-1

Round 7: Dredge (LED build with UG Seas and Watery Graves)

Won the roll. Had couple of goyfs. Opponent mulliganed, and again to five. Land, go. Opponent played Breakthrough with Coliseum. No narcs nor dredgers to the grave. Land, Goyf, go. Opponent draws UG Sea and draws 3 with Coliseum. 1 Troll and a Thug to the graveyard. Tarmo hits for 6 and I play another Goyf. Opponent dredges the Troll, but sees only one Ichorid and concedes. I was happy to have luckily won game one against Dredge. Game 2: -3 Life from the Loam -1 of something +4 Leyline. I was really hoping to draw a hand of Leyline, Land, Mox, Chalice, but I saw no Leyline in the opening hand. Opponent mulliganed and me as well. No Leyline in my six, but I had two lands, Mox, 2 Goyfs and something. I decided to keep it in hopes of opponent having no business spells, but just antihate in hand. My risky plan was awarded with a win with 2 big Goyfs (thanks to opponent dredging all the different kinds of cards to his graveyard).

6-1

After the match, my opponent was nearly shouting that he shouldn’t be able to lose this matchup. Well, of course I was lucky to win, but also it seems like he was able to lose against Aggro Loam.

Round 8: Zoo

I played against some woman from Netherlands. She said that she loves competitive magic and that she is a very active Legacy player. She played some kind of techy Zoo with Elspeth. These we’re pretty tight games, but I managed to topdeck Pulse for the Elspeth before it was too late and dropped Chalice for two in addition to the Chalice for one that I had played earlier in a winning board position. I sided out 4 Bobs for 4 Firespouts. I won 2-0 and made it to the Day 2.

7-1

I was really happy just for making it day 2. This was my first GP ever and I made it. Perhaps I was too relieved since my playing was really sloppy in the last match..

Round 9: Merfolk

I kept a bad hand and lost because of it. Game 2 I won pretty easily, but in game 3 my opponent played ”Mutavault, Vial, go. Mutavault, Vial, Relic, go” against my not so fast hand and Forced my Pulse for the Vials so there was really not much I could have done in that situation. 1-2, but I felt good nevertheless..

7-2

I slept 5-6 hours the next night and felt good about day 2. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t really focus on playing that well on day 2. I made play mistakes and the biggest was to keep bad opening hands in game 1 in pretty much every game I played. I lost 1-2 against Survival Bant, 1-2 against UBR Faeries and drew against a Zoo deck. After that I dropped since I had no way of making top 64 and every one of those matches could’ve been winnable if I had made right choices instead of wrong ones.

Total record was 7-4-1. I can’t really say that I’m not satisfied with it, but I could’ve pretty easily done even better.

I was satisfied with the deck, but I’ve had some thoughts on the deck afterwards. I will post my current list with some explanations on the choices I’ve made later since I’m in a bit of hurry right now.

PART 2

I was pretty happy with the random one-off Terminate which was always useful when I drew it, but it can be changed for something else. Terravore wasn’t ever really big as I don’t and won’t play Devastating Dreams. After the tournament a good friend of mine suggested splashing white to the deck. He is much more experienced with Aggro Loam than me and made also Day 2 in Madrid with a homebrew Domain Zoo. He was also in the Finnish team at the Worlds in Rome this year so I have good reasons to listen to his opinion. Anyway, white gives us basically Knight of the Reliquary and some sideboard options.

I felt that splashing white wouldn’t really hurt the manabase that much so I started thinking about a list with white included. Blood Moon isn’t really that big problem and my manabase still includes a basic Forest for the Grips that I can bring in after sideboarding against Blood Moon and Back to Basics. Only time Wasteland was a problem was when I made the mistake of not bringing any fetchlands back with Life from the Loam when the only green source I had on the battlefield was a Taiga. I haven’t played any games against Canadian Threshold, Team America or Eva Green so my opinion might be a bit biased, but I feel that the manabase can work with non-basics and a basic Forest.

As a said earlier, the Pat McGregor’s list feels really good and that’s where I started. I cut the Terminate and Terravore for two Knight of the Reliquarys and made little changes to the manabase. I changed the sideboard to include three Gaddock Teegs. 27 lands feels like a good count so I won’t be changing that anytime soon. Seismic Assault just feels too good not to have 3 in MD.

This is what I’m trying out right now and to be honest, it feels really good.

MD

1 Arid Mesa
    1 Badlands
    1 Barbarian Ring
    1 Bayou
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Forest
    4 Forgotten Cave
    1 Plateau
    1 Savannah
    2 Taiga
    3 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Volrath’s Stronghold
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath
    3 Wooded Foothills

4 Countryside Crusher
    4 Dark Confidant
    2 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Tarmogoyf

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Engineered Explosives
    4 Mox Diamond

4 Life from the Loam
    2 Maelstrom Pulse
    3 Seismic Assault

SB

4 Firespout
    3 Gaddock Teeg
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte

Few words about the card choices:

I won’t say anything about the four-offs other than Countryside Crusher. The Crusher is a card that I like very much, but maybe I’ve just been lucky with the flipping. Anyway, I want four of them in my Aggro Loam. Other four-offs should be pretty automatic..

2 Knight of the Reliquaries: Usually comes down pretty big, but think of this guy more of as an utility creature. It fetches Wasteland when it really hurts the opponent, or acts as a tutor for other lands such as Volrath’s Stronghold. You can also surprise the opponent with the one-off Barbarian Ring that I’ve added with the Knight in mind.

2 Maelstrom Pulse and 2 EE: This felt like a good amount and configuration throughout GP Madrid so I’m not changing these.

3 Seismic Assault: I’m not saying playing only two of these is wrong in any way, but it just felt so good all the time that I don’t like the idea of going down to two. I don’t really remember how many times Seismic Assault drew the Force of Will from the opponent only so that I could drop the real threat on the table afterwards and win the game. If the Assault resolved, it usually also meant the game for me. Easy three-off for me.

Only one basic in the manabase: Yes, it’s a Forest so I can cast Krosan Grip under Blood Moon, or the Maelstrom Pulse with the help of a Mox Diamond. With Back to Basics on the table, the game is pretty rough even for the three color versions with more basics so there’s no big difference here.

Barbarian Ring: Gives the deck additional ways to deal with problematic flyers (exalted Vendilion Clique hitting for 4-5 for example) or to deal those final points of damage if your big beaters can’t seal the deal for some reason. With Knight of the Reliquary now in the deck, Barbarian Ring is tutorable for some nice combat tricks against an unprepared opponent.

I ran into few problems with 8 cycling lands in Madrid so I’ve cut one for Plateau/Savannah. 7 cycling lands feel like a good amount in a 27 land configuration.

Gaddock Teeg: Helps with combo such as the ANT matchup, but is also useful against Dredge shutting down Dread Return and against Progenitus Bant lists shutting down Natural Order and Force of Wills. Problematic with Chalice and EE though, but one can get around them by playing wisely.

Umezawa’s Jitte: I haven’t tested this card yet, but I feel it can be good in many matchups. It’s also good against decks packing their own Jittes since you can get rid of opposing Jittes by playing your own.

I might cut 1 Firespout and/or 1 Krosan Grip and/or 1 Gaddock Teeg for some other cards if I come up with something really good. I’m also open to any kinds of suggestions regarding the MD and/or SB.

-kortero

Ps. Props if you read the whole post. It's quite long.
    Last edited by kortero; 03-02-2010 at 03:54 PM.

I like the above deck list. One thing that I have been toying with is a hybrid between the Burning wish-less and the Wish versions of Aggro Loam. I have had some promising results from testing and am posting the list to see what others thought about my list:

MD

4 Countryside Crusher
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Dark Confidant
    1 Eternal Witness

2 Seismic Assault
    2 Engineered Explosives
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Chalice of the Void

4 Burning Wish
    3 Life from the Loam

1 Plateau
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    1 Badlands
    2 Taiga
    1 Forest
    1 Mountain
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Wasteland
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Maze of Ith
    3 Forgotten Cave
    3 Tranquil Thicket

SB
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Zuran Orb
    1 Devastating Dreams
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Firespout
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Reverent Silence
    1 Perish
    1 Shattering Spree

The list is 61 cards. I like where 26 lands 6 Cycles feels so Cutting a land to 25 and making the deck 60 cards is an option but I am not sure thats where the cut needs to be made. I will say this about the decks that still run Burning Wish. Do not write them off. They still post top 8s as well as have their own feel when playing them that makes them still fun and hard to beat. Burning Wish often gets played as a must counter and thats why I like it. When you play it and not see a counter your opponent probably doesn't have the counter in hand. They don't know what you are going to grab so waiting to find out is a bad idea. Doing this on turn 2 can completely change how I play the next few turns. If they do counter it I know that there is 1 less counter in their hand for when I want to drop a crusher or Knight. (PS: Knight of the Reliquary is amazing in the deck. Love having 4)

A few drawbacks:
    I have bounced between running EE Main and DD main. I can't decide whcih I like better. I find that the DD will rock non counter based decks while EE vs counters is always better. There is no room in the SB for EE either so that is why I have chosen to run 1 DD in board for a Wish target and EE main for the normal bomb.
    I want to run Maelstrom Pulse x1 MB as well. Having 1 as a Wish target is really helpful yet knowing there is 1 MB/in hand after they spend the counter on your Burning Wish is always awesome.
    I want to try 3 Seismic Assaults MB aslo but (back a few weeks/months ago) I was running 3 and found that 3 can really screw with your draws. Any opening hand with more than has been a bad keeper for me in the past as to SA needing alot of time to get the Loam+Cycle rotation really rolling. Then again, Running 2 has given me games where down to 15 cards in library and waiting on the 1 card in teh deck to finish the game and I never see it. Not to mention running 2 and dredging 1 into the graveyard means bad things.

Thread Information