Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: North American Championship Qualifier Tournament @ Jupiter Games On June 26th

Jul 2007
    syracuse

North American Championship Qualifier Tournament @ Jupiter Games On June 26th

Date
    June 26th, 2010
    (Saturday)

Location/Host
    Jupiter Games!
    3701 Vestal Parkway East Suite 7
    Vestal, New York 13850
    (607)729-5910
    www.jupitergames.net

Format
    - Legacy
    - Sanctioned
    - Judges - TBA (A Level 2 Judge Most Likely)
    - 25$ Registration Fee
    - Opening 9am, Registration 10am, Start at 11am

Prizes!! (Guaranteed if even 1 person shows up!!!)
    1st Place - $375 Cash or $450 Trade or 5 Booster Boxes of Rise of the Eldrazi + 12 Qualifier Points!
    -1st Place Will Also Receive A Jupiter Games Trophy! Their Picture And Profile Will Also Be The Main Focus Of Our Featured Article Of The Week On Our Website (jupitergames.net)!
    2nd Place - $250 Cash or $300 Trade or 3 Booster Boxes of Rise of the Eldrazi + 6 Qualifier Points!
    3rd-4th Place - $170 Cash or $200 Trade or 2 Booster Boxes of Rise of the Eldrazi + 4 Qualifier Points!
    5th- 8th Place - Booster Box of Rise of the Eldrazi or $80 Cash or $110 Trade + 3 Qualifier Points!
    9th-16th Place - Draft Set of Rise of the Eldrazi + 2 Qualifier Points!
    - If there's more than enough players prizes will be dramatically increased! (Has Happened Every Time!)
    - They Will NOT Go Down Ever!

Side Events
    $15 - Standard Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
    $15 - Legacy Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
    $15 - Vintage Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
    $15 - Onslaught-Legions-Scourge Booster Drafts (OLS Packs for Prizes!)
    $15 - Mirrodin-DarkSteel-Fifth Dawn Booster Drafts (MDF Packs for Prizes!)
    $15 - Zendikar/WorldWake Booster Drafts (Zendikar Packs For Prizes!)
    $15 - 3x Rise of the Eldrazi Drafts (Rise of the Eldrazi Packs for Prizes!)
    $7 - EDH 4-Man Pod Tourney's (Winner Gets a Non-Blue Dual!)

Additional Incentives
    - We Can Comfortably Seat 100 Players and Have The Capacity To Seat 120!
    - Awesome Door Prizes!
    - Fully Stocked with practically every card!
    - We buy and sell everything at reasonable prices (Including Prize Support)
    - Easily accessible food at reasonable prices available within walking distance!

Qualifer Points Information
    Information On The Point System Can Be Found At Our Website Here;
    http://jupitergames.net/legacy_tournament_series/
    Or On The Source's Forums Here;
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...June-11th-2011

June 27th Grand Prix Trial Columbus!!
    -Open at 10am, Registration at 11am, Begins at Noon!
    -$25 To Enter!
    -Legacy, Sanctioned, 24k, Deck Registrations Required (Provided On-Site)
    Last edited by T-ORGANIZER; 05-13-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Date Change/Additions

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Re: North American Championship Qualifier Tournament @ Jupiter Games On June 25th

Everyone like the prize format? Trying a new style out, but want to make sure people still like it.

Montreal's legacy scene
    Sep 2008
    Montreal

Re: North American Championship Qualifier Tournament @ Jupiter Games On June 25th

As it goes for people from Montreal, we would really like to participate to your 2011 championship but if every qualifiers have this kind of prizes, we might not attend to a lot of them. Not because it is unbalanced or bad, just because it is not high enough. Though, it is more likely to be different if a lot of people are planning to go, I guess.

We'll see.

PS: I love your tournaments and will try to go as often as I can!

P-M

I'm in!!!!!!

Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

Jul 2007
    syracuse

The qualifiers will cycle just like our previous tournaments have been, the june tournament just happens to follow our May tournament which is our super big, only twice annually size tournament (includes power 9, 40 duals and 40 fetches in the prizes). These tournaments get between 132 and 170 people historically. Generally we then decrease the prize structure for the next one to be a tournament with a few power level prizes for the top top seats and some cool stuff for places below + promise of increased prize support with attendance (which always happens), these get on average 70 players. Then every other tournament is a 40 Duals + 40 Fetches + increased prize support with attendance , and these tournaments average about 80 players.

Montreal has occasionally come down for all kinds of these tournaments and I do believe the least amount of prize increase I have done so far was a value of about $400. We haven't not increased the prizes in I can't even remember how long. I don't know what your target $$ amount is to make the drive worth it, but you can usually factor these facts in. Especially when you guys come down because it's usually 5 - 10 of you it increases the attendance even more letting me bump up the prizes even more. Last month's tournament I added in 16 mint foil wastelands to the prizes which on ebay would go for an average of $650. Below are some links to some of the set's i've put up, I heard some people had doubts as to their value and I wanted people to be able to see this;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230435809969

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230435810709

Lion
    May 2009
    Bethlehem, PA

I'm a fan. The valley will be representin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Strangest convenience store I've yet seen: Kum & Go (somewhere in Nebraska). I remember thinking: "Huh, a drive-through bordello. Clever."

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Prizes Updated!

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Most of the video files of feature matches and the top 8 from the march 13th legacy event are uploaded on our website (jupitergames.net) and available for viewing now!

Jul 2007
    syracuse

up

Feb 2007
    Rochester, NY

Quote Originally Posted by T-ORGANIZER View Post
    Most of the video files of feature matches and the top 8 from the march 13th legacy event are uploaded on our website (jupitergames.net) and available for viewing now!
    I'm having a little trouble finding them (I don't know where they are on the site. :P).

Nvm: Ctrl + F ftw.

...at that moment I was a marine biologist.
    Nov 2003
    Albany

Eli, I have only been to one of your tournaments but I would like to suggest something. It is possible to lower the cost of the side tournaments? If I scrub out and lose $30 I generally do not want to pony up another $15 (besides EDH). At the old Off the Wall tournaments Kevin ran $5 sides or sometimes free if attendance was high enough and got big numbers for the turnout. Plus it might be better for the eternal formats to offer duals/staples than packs. I understand that maybe you don't want a 30-40 person side tournament going along with the main and if that is the case I totally understand but I just feel that with low cost side events the players are more likely to join and spend more time (and money) at your store.

Thanks

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Well, an 8-man side event at $15 is $120, which could be split into 80/40 credit instead of a booster box. Then people could buy a dual or 2 with the money from the side event, or whatever other staples they need.

Also possible is to run them and do 60/30/15/15, so that if you win a match you still get some money back. I would play these 60/30/15/15's all day since my chance to lose another $15 is minimized.

$5 events would be nice too, 25/15 prizes. I think a lot more people would sign up for these.

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Well, an 8-man side event at $15 is $120, which could be split into 80/40 credit instead of a booster box. Then people could buy a dual or 2 with the money from the side event, or whatever other staples they need.

Also possible is to run them and do 60/30/15/15, so that if you win a match you still get some money back. I would play these 60/30/15/15's all day since my chance to lose another $15 is minimized.

$5 events would be nice too, 25/15 prizes. I think a lot more people would sign up for these.
    My events are $25 not $30 so you save a little money there, but I typically announce that we will hold any kind of a side event people can think of they just need to request it and we will create it, as long as 8 people are willing to sign up (4 if edh) then we will run it as well. you guys can choose the entrance, the prizes, and the format =)

Jul 2007
    syracuse

These prizes may go up based on attendance of the May event, keep watching for more details.

To see the new altered art done by our local artist, Adam Wilson, check out our main page at Jupitergames.net

Jul 2007
    syracuse

up

May 2009
    Weedsport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by T-ORGANIZER View Post
    My events are $25 not $30 so you save a little money there, but I typically announce that we will hold any kind of a side event people can think of they just need to request it and we will create it, as long as 8 people are willing to sign up (4 if edh) then we will run it as well. you guys can choose the entrance, the prizes, and the format =)
    I love Jupiter Games....

May 2009
    Weedsport, NY

The 25th....It is a Friday. I just went to schedule this in my Google Calendar....And it says it is a Friday. Am I crazy or what???

Jul 2007
    syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by GrooGrux View Post
    The 25th....It is a Friday. I just went to schedule this in my Google Calendar....And it says it is a Friday. Am I crazy or what???
    You are absolutely correct, I had the wrong date, it is the 26th that we want it on. I fixed the thread, but I need a Mod to fix the title.

Apr 2009
    NEPA

Will most def be there

Jul 2007
    syracuse

yay the title is all fixed.

Thread Information