Thread: Word of Command: WTF at being sold out at SCG.com? What's the reason?

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Word of Command: WTF at being sold out at SCG.com? What's the reason?

Does anyone have any idea why Word of Command is completely sold out at SCG.com? I had this weird idea in my head for a deck revolving around that card and Isochron Scepter and they both happened to be sold out at that point and time when I checked on it's availability. Has someone else stumbled upon this combo, or is it mere coincidence and people just like purchasing older cards?

EDIT: Here's the link I'm referring to for easy access.

http://sales.starcitygames.com/searc...&Go.x=9&Go.y=9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Knowing what to buy is just as impo as knowing when to buy.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Re: Word of Command: WTF at being sold out at SCG.com? What's the reason?

Maybe they just don't have any. Just because it says "sold out" doesn't mean it's suddenly a hot item.

edit: There's approximately a billion of them on the auction site. It's probably just one of those cards that they don't have a high enough buy price on for people to want to part with it, seeing as it was only printed in ABU.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

There are 7 copies of the Unlimited HP version for $29.99 each...

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Maybe they just don't have any. Just because it says "sold out" doesn't mean it's suddenly a hot item.
    I was debating that. I only wish I knew how many they had to begin with within the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrogeist
    There are 7 copies of the Unlimited HP version for $29.99 each...
    True. I didnt consider that initially.
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Well, completed listings on eBay show exactly five copies, with the prices varying anywhere from $15 to $25 for Unlimited. Seems like the probable reason for SCG not having any is that the card doesn't move well and isn't worth buying to keep in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

well, it won't have a real use other than a pseudo-thoughtseize that's about a billion times worse any time soon, and you can easily get a set of Seizes for the price of one WoC.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    well, it won't have a real use other than a pseudo-thoughtseize that's about a billion times worse any time soon, and you can easily get a set of Seizes for the price of one WoC.
    I like it since you can two for one them with removal, but w/e. It's actually more like a Hymn.

Thread Information