Thread: Genju of the Fields

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Genju of the Fields

I remember back in Kamigawa standard that Genju of the Field's lifegain ability stacks up. I noticed that post-lifelink era, it's errata did not change as lifelink. Does this mean that it is not affected by M10 lifelink rule changes? Also, if the enchanted Plains gained lifelink, would Genju's trigger and lifelink trigger seperately?

If I activate it's ability 5 times, will I gain 10 life as the enchanted Plains deal damage (even though it is still a 2/5)?

Thanks!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Re: Genju of the Fields

Genju of the Fields does not have lifelink, so its ability will apply multiple times. It will also trigger in addition to any lifelink the creature may have. So yes, if you activate it 5 times, you'll gain life for each damage it deals 5 times.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Re: Genju of the Fields

When lifelink meant what's printed on Genju of the Fields, Genju of the Fields had lifelink. Lifelink is no longer the same as what's printed on Genju of the Fields, so Genju of the Fields does not have lifelink.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information