Thread: Eureka/Show and Tell + Butcher of Truth

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Eureka/Show and Tell + Butcher of Truth

I hear people discussing the interaction between Butcher of Truth and Show and Tell effects. As far as I'm aware cheating into play a Butcher with Eureka or Show and Tell doesn't draw you 4 cards becuase it isn't cast from your hand. Why are people discussing this interaction? I'm pretty confused actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Knowing what to buy is just as impo as knowing when to buy.

Timmy-Spike-Melvin . . . . . Level 2 Judge

Dec 2009
    Vienna, Austria

Re: Eureka/Show and Tell + Butcher of Truth

Half an hour and no patience left?

If you refer to spoiled cards it would help a lot if you tell us and maybe give the card text. I just searched gatherer...

If you "put a card onto the battlefield" you do not cast it.

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, as it is spoiled at the moment, is still a 12/12 Annihilator 4 when show and tell'd

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaxx View Post
    I hear people discussing the interaction between Butcher of Truth and Show and Tell effects. As far as I'm aware cheating into play a Butcher with Eureka or Show and Tell doesn't draw you 4 cards becuase it isn't cast from your hand. Why are people discussing this interaction? I'm pretty confused actually.
    There is no interaction.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Putting a card into play (or cheating it into play) and casting it (playing the card from your hand) are not synonymous.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 03-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Thread Information