Thread: [Deck] Eldrazi Gallery - Breaking The Mirror

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

[Deck] Eldrazi Gallery - Breaking The Mirror

I've recently had this idea pop into my head (I get them constantly) and realized how good Mirror Gallery would be in a Cloudpost Eldrazi deck. It lets you basically play multiple Eye of Ugin which makes everything in the deck cheaper, as well as laying down multiple Kozileks and other Eldrazi of his ilk. So I designed a deck around it and it really looks solid on paper. Here's the initial list.

Eldrazi Gallery.DEC v.1.0

4 Mirror Gallery
    4 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 Emrakul
    3 Ulamog
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 All is Dust
    4 Life from the Loam
    3 Azusa, Lost But Seeking

4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Vesuva
    4 Wasteland
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    3 Forest
    3 Ancient Tomb
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

SB:
    3 Engineered Explosives
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Krosan Grip
    4 In the Eye of Chaos

That's just a rough list I jotted down and remains untested. The basic premise of the deck is to get down a Gallery, copy or play multiple Ugins, then go nuts with multiple Eldrazis. I chose to build the deck around a Life from the Loam shell becuase it seemed more fitting. This deck seems mighty broken to me, with Mirror gallery being castable at 5 mana and multiple Eyes in play allowing you to go nuts. A Kozilek for 4 mana is feasible with this deck, and after establishing board control it's easy to go nuts. Wiping the board with stuff like All is Dust is also another great tool for the deck since it doesn't effect you at all.

I have an Extended list actually, that runs Azusa, lost but seeking and I'm compelled to play him in my Legacy list, becuase he seems downright broken with Gallery and the deck overall.

I'll test this deck once the MWS patch comes out, extensively, but until then, let me know what you guys think of using Mirror Gallery as tech for Eldrazis.

EDIT: MD changes:
    -2 Emrakul
    -1 Ulamog
    -1 Tranquil Thicket
    -1 Forest
    +1 Bayou
    +1 Volrath's Stronghold
    +3 Azusa
    Last edited by Kangaxx; 04-10-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Made room for Azusa in the MD =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Knowing what to buy is just as impo as knowing when to buy.

know-it-all
    Sep 2009
    the end of the line

Re: [Deck] Eldrazi Gallery - Breaking The Mirror

Qasali Pridemage likes to have a word with you. He brought his friend Krosan Grip.

No really, the deck is much too dependent on Mirror Gallery.

Too reliant on Mirror Gallery. Anyway, if you were planning to do something like that, play Crop Rotation in order to drop your Eyes when you need them.

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Qasali Pridemage likes to have a word with you. He brought his friend Krosan Grip.

No really, the deck is much too dependent on Mirror Gallery.
    There's always ways to deal with both of those cards. I run In The Eye Of Chaos coupled with mana denial to keep my opponent off Grip and EE and Chalice to deal with Pridmages. I could always run Pithing Needle in the board if Pridemage is ever expected in a particular metagame.
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

How is eye of ugin better than City of Traitors? Granted it could let you drop 2 eldrazi in a turn potentially, but its also a dead land for half your deck.

May 2007
    Erie, PA

I think you should switch out eye of ugin for eldrazi temple so that you don't get blown out by trying to protect multiple eye of ugins in play. Should work better with the rest of your deck. That green gifts for lands could be cool with loam too. Maybe getting a temple, eye of ugin, and vesuva. Seems kinda good to me. Asuza seems kinda clunky and easy to kill how about rites of flourishing instead maybe? Doesn't let you get 3 lands in a turn but does let u have 2 and keeps your hand full. Could also bait out pridemages and grips to protect your other stuff. It also seems that crop rotation with a tabernacle could help your agro matchups as well. Keep me in the loop this has peaked my interest ;P.

Why do you need multiple of the same Eldrazi out? Doesn't having one out, especially if you cast it, basically cause you to win?

The main point is to have multiple copies of Eye of Ugin in play.

Why not also run Eldrazi temple?

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Eye of Ugin can also tutor for retarded stuff like Sundering Titan which is basically a one sided Armageddon for this deck...

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

@ Kangaxx

I think you ought to design a play strategy and then pick a win condition for it instead of the other way around, otherwise you wind up being a slave to your win condition instead of a slave to your theme.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

amen.

Here's the thing... if someone were to resolve an Emrakul, that's basically almost saying "I win". Timewalk, pro all, annihilator 6 @.@ Now, I could see maybe in EDH using Mirror as a cool tech, but when you're talking about using it to be dropping all these Eldrazi's out it's A) not realistic, B) not practical
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Jackass View Post
    amen.

Here's the thing... if someone were to resolve an Emrakul, that's basically almost saying "I win". Timewalk, pro all, annihilator 6 @.@ Now, I could see maybe in EDH using Mirror as a cool tech, but when you're talking about using it to be dropping all these Eldrazi's out it's A) not realistic, B) not practical
    I think that it may be alot more viable in Extended, honestly. Depending on how many additional moderately cheap eldrazi that they might have printed makes it more feasible in that particular format, since most cards land in that format to begin with. Emrakul isn't even meant to be in the deck, it's too expensive at 15 anyway.

I think this idea works much better with an Amulet of Vigor style combo to ramp the mana. There is currently a deck that uses hedron crabs, karoo lands, and summer bloom to generate a large amount of mana as well as constantly mill. If these were the alt wins in such a deck it could be very effective given the Time Walk/Tiddings eldrazi.

Thread Information