4 Garruk's Companion
    2 Omnath, Locus of Mana
    4 Overbeing of Myth
    4 Khalni Hydra
    2 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary

4 Natural Order

16 Forest
    2 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

Strategy is simple, accelerate into big dudes that accelerate/pump bigger dudes, turn them all sideways and hope nobody is packing perish in their sideboard.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

Re: Mean Green

LOL, awesome. I remember seeing Khalni Hydra and just thinking... "Primal-Crux" *grin*

It looks pretty good... yeah, the only thing I can think of is maybe cutting back on a few of the Big Guys to speed up the clock, I think maybe modeling the deck similar to Elf Combo would work really well, considering you really need weenies and the draw engine to power out Hydra... deffinitely PoT and a few more lil' guys would help a lot at least.
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Banned

Aug 2009
    Pootown

I agree it probably needs more accel. Initially didn't go with PoT because of the in her cost. If I actually put this together, I'll probably go for 2x of her instead of Omnath, because the 3cc slot is pretty crowded, or maybe keep him and ditch the Groundbreakers since they don't remain in play.

Quote Originally Posted by EssKay View Post
    I agree it probably needs more accel. Initially didn't go with PoT because of the in her cost. If I actually put this together, I'll probably go for 2x of her instead of Omnath, because the 3cc slot is pretty crowded, or maybe keep him and ditch the Groundbreakers since they don't remain in play.
    +1 for ditching Groundbreakers. It does not matter that PoT has that in his casting cost, as long as he taps for (and still reduces the cost by )
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Lol. You're my hero .
    Was this even a real Skeggi's hero?

Banned

Aug 2009
    Pootown

Also wondering if NO is entirely necessary here. I included it really as more of a tutor than a way to cheat guys into play. Thoughts?

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

I made a deck called All-In Green for old extended that you might be interested in. It's somewhere in Salvation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EssKay View Post
    Also wondering if NO is entirely necessary here. I included it really as more of a tutor than a way to cheat guys into play. Thoughts?
    I was gonna mention something about that (ran outta time, at work!)

...I think for what you got, take out the Order. It's not synergetic with Hydra, which is basically all about numbers right.. ramping up to throw out a fatty *thumbs up*.

Like I mentioned, maybe get a lil' "Elf Ball" going with mana elves, symbiote.. w/e the sorcery is that lets you draw cards for each ceature, well you get the point. That's one way of going about it. Another less synergetic way would be to throw in maybe like 4x Sylvan Library, 2-3x Harmonize. Basically, with enough mana support you just Ancestral Recall and keep going, I love hitting mid-game harmonize it's the greatest feeling lol, and Library in certain matchups like these "Bant Survival" and decks that aren't gonna burn you out, I've literally eaten 12 life to get the edge over them and smash them every time in a G/w build I use, if you're not concerned about direct damage in some matchups you can steam roll them off pure CA.
    --Ihsan's Shade

Banned

Aug 2009
    Pootown

40 creatures and 20 lands...I like it! I'll look at some elves lists to see what the best mana producers are. I'm going to have to set up MWS just to rock this awesome pile.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

I'm aware that my version loses style points, due to the inclusion of mainstream critters, but I think those are mandatory if you really want to push it to a competitive level.

Mean Green [I like that name]

New kids on the block:
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Kitchen Finks
    4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Harmonize
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker
    1 Gaea's Cradle

Oldies, but goodies:
    4 Primalcrux
    4 Llanowar Elves
    2 Fyndhorn Elves
    2 Omnath, Locus of Mana
    4 Overbeing of Myth
    4 Khalni Hydra

16 Forest
    2 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

SB:
    4 Krosan Grip
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Loaming Shaman
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Caller of the Claw
    2 xyz

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

The Survival engine is an interesting approach.

I thought about both Call of the Wild and Greater Good too, but ultimately decided those both suck.

Honestly, the Natural Order option just looks superior. If you run nothing but green creatures, you should have no problem having one to sacrifice to it, and Progenitus wins games. If for whatever reason you drew the 1-of Progenitus, you can still grab any of the other fatties.

I definitely think the Elves mana-ramp approach is your best bet, since it works so well with the rest of the deck. You get a bunch of green creatures in play for the Hydra, it adds green mana symbols to the board for Primalcrux, and it gives bodies for Natural Order. It's also the best source of mana-ramp I can possibly think of.

// Lands
    18 [RAV] Forest (2)
    3 [JGC] Gaea's Cradle

// Creatures
    4 [9E] Llanowar Elves
    4 [DM] Fyndhorn Elves
    4 [FNM] Priest of Titania
    2 [UD] Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
    4 [M10] Elvish Archdruid
    4 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
    4 [PRE] Overbeing of Myth
    4 [EVE] Primalcrux
    4 [ROE] Khalni Hydra
    1 [CFX] Progenitus

// Spells
    4 [PT] Natural Order

That's extremely rough, but I'm bored and expect this to be really fun on MWS.

EDIT: Overbeing of Myth has been lackluster in my list. My hand is near empty by the time he comes down, the draw engine aspect seems unecessary, and the GGGGG for Primalcrux also seems unecessary. Any ideas for replacements?

http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckd...p?DeckID=29178

One of my friends made that, combining suvival and NO. It might be something to get ideas from.

Good luck with the deck.
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    The Survival engine is an interesting approach.

I thought about both Call of the Wild and Greater Good too, but ultimately decided those both suck.

Honestly, the Natural Order option just looks superior. If you run nothing but green creatures, you should have no problem having one to sacrifice to it, and Progenitus wins games. If for whatever reason you drew the 1-of Progenitus, you can still grab any of the other fatties.

I definitely think the Elves mana-ramp approach is your best bet, since it works so well with the rest of the deck. You get a bunch of green creatures in play for the Hydra, it adds green mana symbols to the board for Primalcrux, and it gives bodies for Natural Order. It's also the best source of mana-ramp I can possibly think of.

// Lands
    18 [RAV] Forest (2)
    3 [JGC] Gaea's Cradle

// Creatures
    4 [9E] Llanowar Elves
    4 [DM] Fyndhorn Elves
    4 [FNM] Priest of Titania
    2 [UD] Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
    4 [M10] Elvish Archdruid
    4 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
    4 [PRE] Overbeing of Myth
    4 [EVE] Primalcrux
    4 [ROE] Khalni Hydra
    1 [CFX] Progenitus

// Spells
    4 [PT] Natural Order

That's extremely rough, but I'm bored and expect this to be really fun on MWS.

EDIT: Overbeing of Myth has been lackluster in my list. My hand is near empty by the time he comes down, the draw engine aspect seems unecessary, and the GGGGG for Primalcrux also seems unecessary. Any ideas for replacements?
    Looking at the list, I think overbeing is the weakest card
    Si, I like cereal.

Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

Looking at the list, I think overbeing is the weakest card
    That's what I said, basically. Any ideas for replacements?

OH, and I decided to cut a Forest for a Terastodon (which could also be Woodfall Primus). I ran into Lands.dec on MWS and I had no way to beat a Glacial Chasm lock. I didn't have a SB, so no postboard Crypts or anything to stop it. Early Chasm lock both games, 0-2.

Jan 2009

Garruk is pretty dang good, I'd say he'd be a great choice, alt win too in some games.
    I'd try to get some draw in there too dude, don't wanna completely run outta steam to a couple swords/bolt

+2-4 Garruk
    +3-4 Harmonize
    +3-4 Imperious Perfect (good with Hydra)

-4 Elvish Archdruid (meh.. not really needed, yeah he's a lord but you're moreso ramping just for those Turn1-2 plays, if anything Garruk can fill the gap with Overrun imo!)
    -4 Overbeing
    -1-2 Fyndhorn
    a
    ew, glacial chasm. That's when you drop a Winter Orb after he taps out while you have mana elves and Garruk to smash 'em.. bleh, I hate those loam decks though, obnoxious to play against that ;P
    --Ihsan's Shade

Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

This deck is janky, but it sure is fun.

Well, my reason for Elvish Archdruid was because I wanted something else at the 3cc spot, and I figured I'd try him out. He's not bad, he's helped me accelerate into emptying a hand of fatties quite a few times. He's basically Priests 5-8, costs 1 more sure, but the added benefit of making the already on board mana elves a little bigger is pretty nice. I'd definitely run him before I'd run Imperious Perfect.

If you have any other suggestions for the 3cc spot, feel free to suggest it. For now, I'll stick to Elvish Archdruid for lack of a better option.

I had considered Garruk, but I wasn't sure if I would want him or not. Probably makes more sense to run Garruk than Overbeing of Myth, though. I'll try him it for now.

Changes from the list I posted:

-1 Forest
    -4 Overbeing of Myth
    +2 Garruk Wildspeaker
    +2 Harmonize
    +1 Terastodon/Woodfall Primus

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showt...=1#post5186020
    done found it. Arbor Elf+Overgrowth is amazing by the by.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Banned

Aug 2009
    Pootown

This is the list I'm trying to test on MWS if I can get the bastard to go an entire game w/o crashing:

4 Primalcrux
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Leatherback Baloth
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Cold-Eyed Selkie
    2 Omnath, Locus of Mana
    4 Overbeing of Myth
    4 Khalni Hydra
    1 Progenitus

3 Natural Order

18 Forest
    2 Gaea's Cradle

So far Overbeing has actually been pretty good. She's generally a 4/4-6/6, and the card draw is amazingly useful. Also, swinging with an 18/18 Primalcrux on turn 5 is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    That's what I said, basically. Any ideas for replacements?

OH, and I decided to cut a Forest for a Terastodon (which could also be Woodfall Primus). I ran into Lands.dec on MWS and I had no way to beat a Glacial Chasm lock. I didn't have a SB, so no postboard Crypts or anything to stop it. Early Chasm lock both games, 0-2.
    Sorry about that.
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Thread Information