Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 1,281 to 1,284 of 1284

Thread: [Deck] Spanish Inquisition (B/x Storm Combo)

Re: [Deck] Spanish Inquisition (B/x Storm Combo)

Modern Horizons 2 spoilers have started and 2 cards have gotten my eye that might go into the deck.

1. Grief 2BB

Creature- Elemental Incarnation [M]

Menace

When Grief enters the battlefield, target opponent reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card.

Evoke- Exile a black card from your hand.

3/2

It's a free creature that may get a counterspell out of the opponent's hand and can still be sacrificed to Culling the Weak. I'm not entirely sure that this is what the deck wants, especially as it can't be searched from the deck, but thought it might be a flex card.

2. Ravenous Squirrel B/G

Creature- Squirrel [U]

Whenever you sacrifice an artifact or creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Ravenous Squirrel.

1BG, Sacrifice an artifact or creature: You gain 1 life and draw a card.

I think this is a strict upgrade over previously run Odious Trow and Slitherhead. It can be fetched with Summoner's Pact to be thrown under a Chrome Mox or sacrificed to Culling the Weak, but can now also maybe draw a card. I'm guessing the card draw and life gain ability is hardly going to come up. It's also not exactly cheap. My guess is that the card won't help the like Blex, Vexing Pest did, but give a very tiny boost when going off. Like, really tiny.

The deck seems to have gotten a few cards recently, so I'm looking forward to spotting other new potentially playable cards, especially the green mythic evoke creature card that has yet to be spoiled. Hoping for a useful effect!

Mar 2008
    Boa Vista RR (in the brazilian jungle)

Yayyyyy.

Chatterstorm looks great! No more Empty the Warrens and stupid red splash! XD

Chatterstorm 1G, create 1/1 Token, Storm

Random idea:
    make room for playset Chatterstorm in the main and 2 Obelisk of Urd in the Sideboard for massive Squirril beatdown 🤣

PSI with Chatterstorm
    Business 19
    1 Blex (instead of Slithermuse)
    4 Chatterstorm (instead of Goblin Charbelcher)
    2 Tendrils of Agony
    4 Infernal Tutor
    4 Infernal Contract
    4 Cruel Bargain

Mana 41
    1 B/G Squirril (mentioned above instead of Odious Trow)
    1 Wild Cantor
    1 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 ///Random slot/// Concordant Crossroads for haste as win con?

4 Summoner's Pact
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual
    4 Culling the Weak
    4 Fetchies (instead of Land Grant)

SB
    4 new Squirril Lord for 1G or whatever will pump our dudes
    4 Xantid Swarm
    3 Force of Vigor
    2 Obelisk of Urd -> Massive pump with convoke :)
    2 Tomb of Urami

During testing I've found Aeve, Progenitor Ooze to be very impressive and it has basically become a staple in my eyes. Even though it's only (realistically) castable through Lion's Eye Diamond and cannot be be searched for with Summoner's Pact as you'd die to the pact trigger before you can swing with it, the numbers of times I've cast it is higher than I expected I would be. You only need storm 5 to have a lethal board presence, which means that Infernal Tutor can now also find a win con without needing storm 10.

Basically, Aeve, Progenitor Ooze is castable when you have a hand that consists of:
    - 1x Infernal Tutor + 2x Lion's Eye Diamond + cards that produce at least 2 total mana to cast the Infernal Tutor
    - 1x Infernal Tutor + 1x Lion's Eye Diamond + cards that produce at least 4 mana (2 for Infernal Tutor + 2 floating for Aeve after LED crack)

These hands do not come up that often, but when they do I've been very glad to have Aeve. Just my 2 cents.

I donated a PSI deck list to Thraben University to be played on his channel.
    Check it out here

https://youtu.be/JcrhmzHWxe0
    support independent art creation
    patreon.com/artpunch

Thread Information