Thread: Summoning Sickness and Oblivion Ring

Magic Player Decapitator
    Nov 2009

Summoning Sickness and Oblivion Ring

Does a creature which has been in play for more than one turn come back into play without summoning sickness if I manage to destroy an Oblivion Ring? I'm pretty sure I could of attacked with it but my opponent said it suffered from summoning sickness so I didnt argue. Really dumb question I should know the answer to and I figured I'd ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Buying duals for 30 a piece is certainly smart. Buying 4 Eureka (a terrible card) is not. :/

Knowing what to buy is just as impo as knowing when to buy.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Re: Summoning Sickness and Oblivion Ring

No. The creature has to have been continuously in play since the beginning of your most recent turn. If it wasn't in play (and under your control) when you untapped, you can't attack with it (unless it has haste, of course).

edit - Here's the rule:

302.6. A creature's activated ability with the tap symbol or the untap symbol in its activation cost can't be activated unless the creature has been under its controller's control continuously since his or her most recent turn began. A creature can't attack unless it has been under its controller's control continuously since his or her most recent turn began. This rule is informally called the "summoning sickness" rule.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Thread Information