Thread: Magic/Legacy in Dallas, TX?

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Magic/Legacy in Dallas, TX?

I'm going to be moving to Dallas in roughly two weeks for a new job, and am curious if there is any sort of Legacy scene out there. If not, at least a store or two would be nice. So anyone in the Dallas area or Texas in general it'd be great if you could point me in the right direction, thanks.

So Good
    Feb 2007
    Dallas

Re: Magic/Legacy in Dallas, TX?

Oh man a good Legacy player coming to Dallas? That is awesome. I think there are three stores running Legacy atm in the Dallas area. Comic Asylum in Garland is Saturdays at noon, Madness in Plano is Sundays at noon, and Reaper something or other is up close to Denton and has it on Thursday evening.

I am the Killer Rabbit!
    Dec 2007
    Allen, TX

Hey Di, we look forward to seeing you join the local legacy community in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I hope to see you joining in at the store I play at. I look forward to seeing you there or at one of the larger events :D

And yes, there are Legacy groups in the Dallas, Fort Worth area, as Horror Business already pointed out :D
    "He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever... He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe... and... he's wonderful."

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Glad to hear there's something there. I'm going to be living in Los Colinas. How far is the drive from there to where these stores are? I don't know the area at all really.

Madness (Plano) is like 30 minutes from Las Colinas, Legacy this Sunday at noon.
    Reaper (Denton) is like 30 minutes from Las Colinas, Legacy this Thursday at 6.30-7pm.

Man, I miss the old desk job days where I could go to tournaments like that...

Your place isn't hiring, is it, Di? :P

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Dessyreqt View Post
    Man, I miss the old desk job days where I could go to tournaments like that...

Your place isn't hiring, is it, Di? :P
    As far as I know, they aren't hiring any salaried positions, which is essentially what you'd ideally want. Nothing beats reading the internet and twiddling thumbs for lots of money.

But I attended a Legacy tournament at Comic Asylum last weekend. Decent turnout, decent competition, shitty 9th on tiebreakers to miss top8.

I've had problems with that place, they dropped my account out of nowhere so I couldn't play for free anymore. The people there are fine, it just seems they're a little disorganized. Maybe I'll come back after a little while, but my shitty job precludes the opportunity at the moment.

Thanks for the reply.

Thread Information