Thread: WGB infect control (≈stax)

Feb 2011
    Lisbon

WGB infect control (≈stax)

Hi to all

I'm trying to enter in legacy (actually it's kinda dificult lol) an so i'm trying to modify stax by giving it a quicker finisher using infect (aka: phyrexian crusader)

the deck actually began as stompy deck with infect but I droped it because of the lack of creatures with protection and evasion but after mirrodin besieged the problem was solved. EDIT: and now it is no definitively longer a stompy

added control because of only having 4 cretures with infect

so first the list:

//beater//

4 Phyrexian Crusader

//control//

3 Magus of the Tabernacle
    3 Smokestack
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Engineered Explosives
    3 Wrath of God
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Armageddon
    2 Swords to Plowshares

//mana base//

4 Lotus Petal
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Flagstones of Trokair
    4 Scrubland
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Godless Shrine

4 Barren Moor
    4 Tranquil Thicket

//sideboard//

3 Gaddock Teeg
    3 Krosan Grip
    3 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Ravenous Trap

and then some reasons behind odd card choices/ good things made true by infect:

swords is now even better (if that's possible) I only run 2 because I found myself unable to play them because of the 4 chalices
    as for the cycle lands i needed cheap draw and some thing that wasn't countered so...

the sideboard is just a bunch of cards that i put thogether

any advice critique is most welcomed and needed
    Last edited by cosme; 02-01-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Re: WGB infect control (≈stax)

For one more mana you can have Phyrexian Vatmother and get rid of the pump (useless without 1 of your 4 creatures on the battlefield.

I play welder stax and it can be hard locking someone out with 19 lock cards. I'm afraid you don't have enough control to really stop someone nor do you have enough beats to outrace aggro.

Feb 2011
    Lisbon

Re: WGB infect control (≈stax)

ok i'm going to to cut both invigorate and wildsize and add 4 trinisphere and 4 armagedon, witch reduces the colors to only WB so i can update the mana base and add Flagstones of Trokair i'll update te list (I still prefer the crusaders beacause they are much more mean to zoo than the vatmothers and only need 2 more turns)

Thread Information