Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: [EDH] Cromat - 5 Color Planeswalker

Re: [EDH] Cromat - 5 Color Planeswalker

I'm a big fan of the elspeth swap. Lots of protection and re-usable wraths has won me a lot of head to head games (not sure if that is your usual game mode or not).

One of the new Ultimatums can bring all the things back from the graveyard, and unlike the Primeval's glorious rebirth, doesn't require a legend to cast it. And it brings back your fetches too! I'll probably make that swap in my list as I do enjoy running that bomb.

Glad to see some updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Glad to see some updates!
    Thanks man! Happy to make some updates.

2021 is being spoiled, and nothing has caught my eye yet. But Ikoria had 2 gems:

+ Whirlwind of Thought
    + Nesting Grounds

- Assemble the Legion
    - Karn's Bastion

The enchantment is pretty sweet since all but 1 of my non-land cards draw a replacement. Assemble always seems like it'll be great, but I'm never that happy to see it.
    Karn's Bastion was too much mana for the effect. Nesting Grounds is less impressive of an ability, but the lower commitment means it'll actually get used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Thanks man! Happy to make some updates.

2021 is being spoiled, and nothing has caught my eye yet. But Ikoria had 2 gems:

+ Whirlwind of Thought
    + Nesting Grounds

- Assemble the Legion
    - Karn's Bastion

The enchantment is pretty sweet since all but 1 of my non-land cards draw a replacement. Assemble always seems like it'll be great, but I'm never that happy to see it.
    Karn's Bastion was too much mana for the effect. Nesting Grounds is less impressive of an ability, but the lower commitment means it'll actually get used.
    It's been awhile ace. Dropped mtg for a while and started playing online with friends.

https://archidekt.com/decks/1928777#...r_planeswalker

Here's my new version. The Prismatic Bridge is just the best in slot for 5 color planeswalker, not super busted. I run like 3-5 cards that are higher than 6CMC. I can take advantage with it by using scroll rack, sylvan library, top, various PW. Arena Reactor, really good for a blocker / easy to die to boardwipes. Fetches Ugin or 7CMC Bolas. Teferi's Protection is unreal. It allows a developed board to maintain essentially another "free" turn. I've been using it on my green white life gain deck and just loving it. Fierce Guardianship one of the best counterspells. Having a 0 costed counter spell is huge. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager This guy is a 4 mana 4/4 flyer that etb's your opponents to discard a card and transforms into a GREAT pw if he manages to survive. He quickly becomes a threat. Faeburrow Elder This guy is ramping at least 2 mana sometimes more for 3 mana. Plus hes a creature that scales really well. Carth the Lion, he is on average going to net you a card. Probably more if you have other walkers. So he's great on an empty board / on a developed board. Great card. Atraxa, Praetors' Voice He does everything for 4 mana. Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider just nasty, especially pulling him with the bridge.

I went with a lot of 2 mana ramp cards like farseek, fellwar stone etc.. because the majority of my curve is at 4 mana. So playing a 4 mana card on turn 3 is pretty huge, and I reliably want to do that.

Here's some other decks I've been playing.
    https://archidekt.com/user/129534

edit: quickly looking at your mimeoplasm deck. You want Vilis, Broker of Blood He let's you draw 8 if you cast reanimate / death.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Hey Qige!

Yeah, Prismatic Bridge looks sweet. Unfortunately I disassembled Cromat during the Pandemic. It was due to a combination of reasons...

1.) The deck being foil meant I had to pay a premium for new cards as they came out, which was exacerbated by
    2.) Rarely got to play due to the pandemic, and even when I had the chance I was more likely to play Mimeoplasm or Gishath because games with Cromat were ALWAYS an hour+
    3.) I wanted to grow my Legacy card pool

Additionally, WotC has dramatically increased the ability to directly interact with planeswalkers. I miss the deck, but I don't regret my decision. I also realized that re-building it in non-foil is highly achievable if I ever feel the need to do so. I took photos before I sold it off, which I will try to upload and post as a closing tribute to the deck.

It was a lot of fun while it lasted!

Thread Information