Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [EDH] Cromat - 5 Color Planeswalker

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: [EDH] Cromat - 5 Color Planeswalker

That's a lot of text!

Thanks for posting your deck for comparison. Our decks are mostly the same, but it appears card availability and personal preference influenced many of the differences. For instance, you chose Progenitus. In order to realistically play him ever you need more mana rocks, which you have. I chose Cromat because he draws less attention from a group, and he has 5 abilities everyone forgets about that actually make him quite formidable. He is also easier to cast multiple times in a game. Both our generals are essentially 3 turn clocks though.

Some points:
    • You do not run Top. I use Top like crazy. When you complete your fetchlands, consider it.
    • Control Magic dominates certain opponents. What does a Kaalia deck do if I steal Kaalia?
    • Metamorph is getting cut now that he isn't also removal.
    • I have chosen not to duplicate Planewalkers in my list. It's a personal preference.
    • Rite of Replication is pretty good. It is an army in a card. You play Sylvan Primordial? Okay, I get 5. Or I can just target my own Grave Titan.

On Planeswalkers:
    • You have 21 planeswalkers! I strive to reach that number. I will replace Metamorph with one when I finally like a new one they print.
    • You commented, "More often than not in the early game I don't use any of her abilities" about Liliana of the Veil. That is exactly why I do NOT use her.
    • Maybe re-read Sarkhan Vol. His ultimate puts 20 flying power on the board. He makes my Titans swing immediately netting even greater advantage. His -2 removes a blocker and lets you swing with it. He also ultimates in 3 turns...

In defense of:
    Grave Titan - He'll trade with just about any other creature. He's 10 power for 6 mana and that grows with each swing. He also allows me to be offensive because he leaves behind 2 blockers.
    Batterskull - Again, I can swing and still block. It also passively gains me life which will deter some attacks. It also refuses to die. All I need is 3 open mana. I can Wrath the board and continue to apply pressure while still having a life gaining blocker.
    Deathrite Shaman - I am still testing this guy out. He is a mana dork as well as graveyard hate. He can also get damage through when it is relevant. I like him so far, but it is still too soon to say how long he'll last.

On your build:
    Isn't Recurring Insight just better than Sphinx's Revelation. It is only 1 color and if you spend a total of 6 on SoR, you get 3 cards and 3 life. Chances are you'll get 5-10 cards off the same mana investment with Insight.
    I also used to run Luminarch Ascension and Bitterblossom. I do not anymore.

Haha yeah sorry.

Top yeah, as soon as I complete the fetch cycle that's a definitive. Plus to be honest, I used it only once and that was in cube. But damn it was pretty good then. Haha. I see your point about control magic. Now the thing where I'm not sure what is a better play is to steal one creature or just run your extra DoJ? Like, maybe because I virtually run one creature, but for example any colors running white or green is easily going to take off control magic. Like Kaila for instance, all they need to do is return to dust or naturalize type spell to get rid of it. I agree it does shut down certain decks, but I don't see an advantage over just wrathing. Again your running a few more creatures than me, but you have to consider the better board state since this is a control deck. Like lets take zur, its unlikely that by the time you aquire a control magic is it going to do anything for you? I see a point where he can't recast zur by having him sent back to the command zone, but I'm not sure. Is there any reason we want to steal a creature, surely its not for damage. As in your kalia example. You would steal her to disrupt the deck from recasting her. I believe and I'm going to play test Desertion, I think it does what you want it to do (as what you want control magic to do for you) but it is not fragile where it can be removed, and it has an upside of stealing an artifact as well as the general AND its straight up a hard counter at worst. Plus its 5 cmc and can cascade on nexus and hopefully resolving a wrath on stack before the steal ;) HUGE haha. But I think it's straight up better than 3 color render silent, unless you got some dumb combo decks circulating. I just dislike auras in general anyways. Haha.

Ok fair enough on multiplaneswalker issue, although I think you should be running the new elspeth as well. But Batterskull, can you compare this one to the new Gideon for me? Gideon slams down a turn earlier, can be much larger than batterskull would hope to be, I can board wipe not worrying about having to bounce a fragile artifact. Plus if I'm ahead I have the option of exiling. Now is the lifelink what's keeping your decision? Would you play batterskull if it was a 4/4 creature with vil/life and a bounce ability? Remember it's alot harder to remove an x/x indestructible planeswalker that blinks into a creature. If they kill your creature (germ) They are slowing your deck massively you will probably most of the time have nothing else to equip it too, and you have to pay the mana to recast a 0/0. You have to compare the pros/cons of each card, I know you said you do not like the same walker, but also you want an optimal deck. To me I see gideon as the stronger player in this role. Remember the less creatures we run is the bigger advantage we have because that effectively creatures become dead cards/vanilla creatures/ and wasted triggers.

Rite is a good card no doubt. But the fact that your deck has a low creature count is not going to sell me that card. That's cool you can do it on grave titan... But that doesn't win you the game. And plus it only becomes active when they have a threat otherwise its just a dead card. Realistically this card is a 4 mana clone... and I don't see enough of a justification to run it.

And grave titan, do you like assemble the legions? It does the same thing grave titan does. EXCEPT it does not impact the board as soon as it comes down. Which is shitty. BUT it is only 5 mana. And it's not as easily removed as creatures are in edh.

Ok LA and BB are out.

Recurring Insight.. sorcery........ ugh haha. Plus I have to rely my opponents to have cards in their hands. Sphinx is better in my deck than yours, I have more mana rocks and I need the life gain to make up from early hits and shocks/fetchs/cityofbrass. Plus I can sphinx for 0 and cascade for a counter /mana rock / On their turn when theyre casting that game winning spell. HAHA strats my friend ;) haha. I'll stop using nexus in my examples. lol. Ok. Deathrite shaman since like 88% of the time he will come in after turn 2... what does he do? He just clogs your hand. and run DOJ. there is no way you can tell me that 1 drop dude is better than DOJ in 95% of board scenarios and the early game. against an aggressive deck I rather have a doj in my hand than make a turn 1 shaman.

hey regarding lilly. even though shes on the board. Lets say I wrath. NOW its almost impossible for my opponent to come back . I can easily sac a creature they play on their turn after the wrath. where my other walkers are building points. She's great so I don't have to use wraths as spot removal for the most part. She may be win more. I need to playtest more with her.

and sarkhan vs maelstrom what do you like? I'm all in on maelstrom haha. Dude is awesome . he also enables haste, gives you 2 extra spells ... could be your titans ;) . but i realize he is 8 mana. Plus hes a beatstick too. haha. i Just hate sarkhan ahahaha.

THEROS. Ok New Elspeth and that steam agury . Fiction or Fact. < if you run this card run obezdat aid. < this card has been high performance for me. Anything you watching from theros?

PS: Maybe decree of Pain is what sphinx should be replaced with. Since It does everything I want to do in this deck.

Regrowth or Obezdat's Aid? I'm not sure what's better :/

I like Regrowth a lot more in my 5C deck but it's quite a bit different than Ace's. There really is a lot to be gained from having a smaller mana curve not to mention that it is also easier to cast at only one color of mana.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I agree with Amon. Regrowth.

Updated photos. I am at 85% foil/unfoilable.
    With Commander 2014 out, I believe I will be replacing Damnation with Toxic Deluge.

Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 08-11-2017 at 09:22 PM.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 08-11-2017 at 09:23 PM.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 08-11-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Hey, alright I've been grinding EDH at events and various stores against a bunch of metas.

The deck has changed a lot, since last time. I got top in, scroll rack (need to test), Topor Orb, Sylvan Library, Demonic/ Vampiric tutors. Crucible Worlds, Desertion, Rhystic Studies, toxic deluge. Found out what was useless and what not. Spent a load of money on everything but the remaining dual lands and onslaught fetches... and I bought Korean/Japanese foils lol... (Which was dumb now that I think about it haha) . I'll reup my deck soon too. Running like 12 board wipes. still need a manacrypt/drain. Been noticing bribery/ and other creature effects are just whiffing on my deck. So I don't know if I want to bump up some creatures like Sun titan.

4 mana board wipes like DOJ DAmn WoG and Supreme have been allstars against all of those aggressive decks. I'm still kinda debating you on a damnation over a control magic. Topor orb is a house man. That is a sleeper card. Shuts down a bunch of stuff. Desertion is a great card too. I think it's just a better control magic and at worst its a hardcasted FoW. Plasm capture been testing with it. EH. better for casting progenitus. But I dunno, probably will cut it for mana drain. Its just really awkward mana costing. How come your not running ancient tomb? You run mana crypt/sol ring. Also Celestial Colonade is awkward and more often than not, annoying. I think Garruk Wildspeaker is better for your deck. I've actually come to like him a lot. Combo's crazy with rings. Puts a blocker. Ramps you in double color's with only one source. Doesn't cost GGG. But I run both because I draw 10 cards off progenitus. Which is pretty insane. I get Progenitus out almost every game so there's no problems there. Again against aggressive decks in 1 v1 in partial paris mul I always try to keep a 4 CMC boardwipe. Usually blow them up on turn 4 after some damage and I can start taking control. Although I think I'm running to many board wipes. Austure Command / Akroma Vengence / Disk. I think I need only 1 of the 3. Disk can be tutor'd with Tez which is great.

Decided not to play any recur spells. vessel of endless rest does just that with any tutor. That mana rock is definitely way better than darksteel ignot btw. I've shut recursion targets in other people's GY to the bottom. Also great with Venser. But usually recycle a terminus or something back in. Card is beyond great. Top is great haha. First time I've played with it . And no new elspeth? She's not bad. I think I would replace her over deathrite shaman. < I dunno why you like this card. Decree of pain. (EH) GIDEON IS HORRIBLE. Goddamn. Every time I've had him in my hand he does nothing. He can only target one player and I rather play a wrath over him. He was just bad in every situation unless you have PW's out which means your just in a win more situation. He was just awful.

But yeah dude, been smashing out games. Winning quite a bit, deck is getting better for sure. running like 16 walkers. Ill upload my deck sometime soon.

EDIT: Beautiful deck man :)

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I have slowed down on Legacy and am playing more and more EDH, so I also have gotten some testing in.

Updates!

-Damnation
    -Phyrexian Metamorph
    +Toxic Deluge
    +Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver

PW count is at 17. I hope to replace Rhystic Study with a new planeswalker and go up to 18. Ashiok surprised me by not being terrible. More testing needed, but good so far. Damnation was cut. Deluge is nice because it is easier to cast and its -X/-X effect adds diversity to how I wipe the board.

Qige,
    Damnation and Control Magic are not competing for the same spot in my mind. I am content with 8 wipes right now. Twelve seems like too many but it makes it real likely you'll get one. I lump Control Magic in with Bribery. I like 2 of those and prefer Control Magic to Treachery. Fun fact, Control Magic can steal a creature with shroud/hexproof if I find it with Rector.

I'm using Sol Ring and Mana Crypt so I do not have to use Ancient Tomb. I need too much colored mana. I have always enjoyed seeing Colonnade! I might actually test out Creeping Tar Pit over Arcane Sanctum.
    So far Deathrite has proven himself. His effect hits all opponents and it stops opponents from using creatures and spells from their graveyard. And he acts as ramp. I like running 2 pieces of graveyard hate. His only downside is being a creature.

Glad to hear you are having success with your list! Getting all your fetch lands will definitely be a benefit. Don't forget that Rings of Brighthearth lets you fetch for 2 lands.

How does Superfriends actually work as an archetype? Assuming that you're in a four player pod and everyone is playing tight, the smart play is to either attack you because it is known that you are playing board wipes or the smart play is to attack you to remove loyalty counters from your Planeswalkers, thereby gaining incrimental card advantage. I've been out to the game for over a year and am unaware of some of the finer points of the deck. I want to enjoy playing this type of deck without getting dog piled archenemy style! Thanks!
    ns2973 < Mike Flores

Quote Originally Posted by Ufactor View Post
    How does Superfriends actually work as an archetype? Assuming that you're in a four player pod and everyone is playing tight, the smart play is to either attack you because it is known that you are playing board wipes or the smart play is to attack you to remove loyalty counters from your Planeswalkers, thereby gaining incrimental card advantage. I've been out to the game for over a year and am unaware of some of the finer points of the deck. I want to enjoy playing this type of deck without getting dog piled archenemy style! Thanks!
    Basically you need to play in a stronger meta. Every deck should be a threat, every deck should be able to compete on the same power with yours. If people think you play 5cc and have walkers in your deck is a threat, they don't know how to play properly. You have to assess who's going to win and how, and be able to control that. PW's are pretty shitty on their own, we just play them to impact the board in 1/2 ways (placing a token blocker, setting up CA, killing a creature, tutoring) Creature decks are pretty easy to maintain, esp after you 2nd or 3rd wipe. Always play walkers when you have control over the board. In my deck, I sit back and ramp, take the first few hits if their is any and wipe anywhere from turn 3-5. Slowly we establish our board presence by placing enchantments, and building mana. Both his cromat and progentius are either used as a solid threat on the defensive to protect a walker we might want to ult. Or we just do general damage near the end of the game when we solidify the board.

Sometimes we win through Doubling Season's > PW > Ult. Happens often. Sometimes we ramp our board through rings, and start hammering with PW abilities. Other times we build CA and deny any opponent from winning or knocking us out of the game. Control is definitely not the easiest in EDH, but as long as you can abuse the weak points of other decks you should have no trouble maintaining the board. IE. Maelstrom wanderer, Turn 3 spews hand of land and cascades into a bunch of stuff, my turn vampiric tutor'd for terminus, That player is now out of the game. IE Kalia, early wipe, or a tuck counter spell, don't have to worry until turn 6+. Mimeoplasm, make blockers, tormods crypt on the board. IE Combo decks, Stranglehold. IE Midrange goodstuff decks. Is usually weak to walkers, they dont have a lot of range to hit into PW's. Most abilities and spells affect everything but. They usually have 1-2 creatures out and its quite easy to handle using blockers. Also stopping players from going rampant doesn't really trigger a lot of hate.

Also another point you commented on is "smart play is to attack you" which is false, I usually know if my walker will last the next turn or not. Burn spells aren't many, and theres not a lot of haste creatures either in edh.

And hey ace,

Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver < he's garbage. I tested him when he first came out. He's a house on turn 3, any turn later he's win more. He doesn't impact the board at all, takes at least 2 turns to get at least a 5drop which is probably not that great anyways. He's more than 95% a dead card in your hand after mid game. If you do get him to 7 I think you are probably going to win anyways. Food for thought, maybe he's going great for you. Let me know. Replace for Kiora, can't wait to use her. Deathrite also has 2 more drawbacks you didn't note, he nulls two of your cards. CoW and SunTitan. And late game he's just whatever.

Also yeah Rings of Brightearth is disgusting, 2 venser emblems LOL. insane ramp with either garruk wildspeaker / ral / tez. Double fetch nobody really catches it the first time haha. Also why no elspeth sun champ? She's a winning card on her own. Also I think Garruk Wildspeaker is for the most part more useful than Skyshroud Claim. Because he does give us an early 3/3 blocker. I dunno think about it next time you have Skyshroud in your hand.

Also try assemble the legions. That card is great. Awesome turn 5 play.

Quote Originally Posted by Qige View Post
    Basically you need to play in a stronger meta. Every deck should be a threat, every deck should be able to compete on the same power with yours. If people think you play 5cc and have walkers in your deck is a threat, they don't know how to play properly. You have to assess who's going to win and how, and be able to control that. PW's are pretty shitty on their own, we just play them to impact the board in 1/2 ways (placing a token blocker, setting up CA, killing a creature, tutoring) Creature decks are pretty easy to maintain, esp after you 2nd or 3rd wipe. Always play walkers when you have control over the board. In my deck, I sit back and ramp, take the first few hits if their is any and wipe anywhere from turn 3-5. Slowly we establish our board presence by placing enchantments, and building mana. Both his cromat and progentius are either used as a solid threat on the defensive to protect a walker we might want to ult. Or we just do general damage near the end of the game when we solidify the board.
    Sometimes we win through Doubling Season's > PW > Ult. Happens often. Sometimes we ramp our board through rings, and start hammering with PW abilities. Other times we build CA and deny any opponent from winning or knocking us out of the game. Control is definitely not the easiest in EDH, but as long as you can abuse the weak points of other decks you should have no trouble maintaining the board. IE. Maelstrom wanderer, Turn 3 spews hand of land and cascades into a bunch of stuff, my turn vampiric tutor'd for terminus, That player is now out of the game. IE Kalia, early wipe, or a tuck counter spell, don't have to worry until turn 6+. Mimeoplasm, make blockers, tormods crypt on the board. IE Combo decks, Stranglehold. IE Midrange goodstuff decks. Is usually weak to walkers, they dont have a lot of range to hit into PW's. Most abilities and spells affect everything but. They usually have 1-2 creatures out and its quite easy to handle using blockers. Also stopping players from going rampant doesn't really trigger a lot of hate.
    Also another point you commented on is "smart play is to attack you" which is false, I usually know if my walker will last the next turn or not. Burn spells aren't many, and theres not a lot of haste creatures either in edh.

Ok, All of that sounds plausible enough. I can buy that, so thanks for the clarification. If I understand correctly, everything can be paraphrased by saying 1) don't worry about bad decks and bad players ...overwhelm aggro decks with card quality and board wipes. Know who's going to be problematic and hit them in the neck first, and 2) against good decks, tutor for toolbox answers to expose the vulnerabilities of each strategy. Even tournament quality decks have weak points that can be exploited by a single card strategy. So what answer do you search for against commonly played generals...?

Maelstrom Wanderer - Terminus, Hallowed Burial

Kaalia, Zur - Any tuck spell, plus Control Magic, Desertion, Spelljack or any similar card that you're running.

Mimeoplasm - Tormod's Crypt (Which becomes easy to find with Maelstrom Nexus on the table ...any one drop brings this online, which is why Crypt is better than Nihil Spellbomb).

Sharuum - ???

Animar - ???

Azami - ???

Jhoira - ???
    ns2973 < Mike Flores

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Sounds like you've got it.
    Bad decks/players can't handle you playing planeswalkers for 3 turns after wiping the board. Especially in a 3 player pod.
    Emblems cannot be interacted with and give superfriends a lasting advantage after achieving a mini-goal.

Maelstrom Wanderer/Kaalia/Zur/Mimeoplasm/Sharuum/Animar/Azami/Jhoira
    The tuck-wipes you mention along with the tuck-counters and Bant Charm help a lot. Making generals cost to much to recast happens often too.
    Aura of Silence and Stranglehold help a lot if I find them early.

Qige - What are your thoughts on Kiora? I am looking forward to using her!

You're probably right about Ashiok. He exiles an average of 12 cards before he's dealt with. I'm going to keep testing him.
    I'm going to continue to defend Control Magic and DRS! DRS also uses the opponents graveyard. I always deplete their bin before I start to target mine. Your suggestions about the planeswalkers sound right, but I think you play EDH a bit more competitively than me. I'm sticking to one walker of each name just cause...

I've decided Rhystic Study is becoming Kiora. I'm starting to look at Academy Rector and Maelstrom Nexus as possible cuts. I am liking Creeping Tar Pit a lot.

uFactor

Ya sharuum, I guess theres a combo version and and artifact version, uhh combo just leave Counterspell in hand when he's built up mana. And with or without combo, austre command is ok, but merciless eviction just cripples them ;)

Animar, hes just creature spew, gotta just wrath and set up 1/2 blockers until he overwhelms you with creatures and then wrath again and then he shouldnt have many cards in his hand.

I've lost to an interesting deck though in RUG, that dragon from the same precon. The guy played a bunch of incremental CA like jace beleren and hand manipulation and then combo'd out infinite turns. -_- This was a while ago but yeah.

Azami, mono blue general? I've played against other mono blues, yeah if you don't put pressure early in the game it's really hard to win.

Jhoria, ya red blue general that I have no idea what it does, I think its a combo deck I just have never seen someone play it. When I lose to the combo I will figure out how to win haha.

I think multiplayer is easier because most generals are aiming for the mid game win so most other decks are trying to compete for the same task at the same time. They use a bunch of cards while we aim to win after they all do their thing.

I've won on a 4 card mul to Rhys. That's why I always stress the 4mana cmc board wipes, I really like them.

Ace
    Kiora shes broken for the deck haha. Like I said theres minimal burn cards, so pinging for 2 is highly unlikely, also wicked ability to null dmg, extra ramp and CA yes please. And a finisher. at 4 mana .. Geez. Rings her explore. damn. More excited about her than anything. Want korean foil haha ;)

Ok maelstrom nexus... that card is pure advantage. You get ahead and break free. You counter on their turn you also flip cards eh? Why do you want to cut it? I think it's great gas for the deck since their isn't alot of card draw. Cut Gideon Jura, 5 mana for what? Fog? haha. He's bad. Try testing torpor orb. Ya it may blank suntitan / Grave titan, but you are stopping a bunch of other stupid stuff. And you should know you play mimeoplasm, reanimate the 9/9 elphant or slyvan primordial turn 2. Torpor orb also is great because it costs 2 mana. We don't do a whole lot with 2 mana in this deck.

And whats drs? haha. Also krosan grip, your going to need it more than ever now because of Nekusar wheeling everybody. Forced fruition scary card man haha. Academy reactor? Explain lol.

Ya also can you write a semi detailed way to play mimeoplasm around GY hate. Kinda interested; also Mikaeus and Trisk you need to add him. Thats instawin haha.

Sep 2011

Why don't you play some Gods too? They're pseudo-planeswalkers, dodge a lot of the wrathing, can turn sideways once you have multiple PWs on the field.

Thassa, God in particular stands out.

About Planeswalker choices:
    why not Elspeth, Sun's Champion? She doesn't give the awesome Emblem, but she wraths the board instantly and makes token blockers/army faster. Elspeth 1 is just a 4/4 flyer, better in a beatdown deck.
    why not Chandra, Pyromaster? She still +1 pings people for 1 but she also draws cards. Seems good in control. The ultimate is probably worse and you lose the -X: kill a creature, but you can only really use that once every few turns whereas the extra card you draw EVERY turn is probably far more powerful than killing that creature. The 0: also synergizes with Top/Jace/Thassa to burn cards you don't want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Why don't you play some Gods too? They're pseudo-planeswalkers, dodge a lot of the wrathing, can turn sideways once you have multiple PWs on the field.

Thassa, God in particular stands out.

About Planeswalker choices:
    why not Elspeth, Sun's Champion? She doesn't give the awesome Emblem, but she wraths the board instantly and makes token blockers/army faster. Elspeth 1 is just a 4/4 flyer, better in a beatdown deck.
    why not Chandra, Pyromaster? She still +1 pings people for 1 but she also draws cards. Seems good in control. The ultimate is probably worse and you lose the -X: kill a creature, but you can only really use that once every few turns whereas the extra card you draw EVERY turn is probably far more powerful than killing that creature. The 0: also synergizes with Top/Jace/Thassa to burn cards you don't want to see.
    Thassa I thought about, but I realized she's just a 3 mana enchantment scry 1 which is okay? I rather run scroll rack because it fits lower on my curve (not quite the same but its still deck manipulation) and its tutorable with tez and colorless. I also run elspeth, still trying to test with her though. I assume she is good too just never really got a chance to use her. Im curious what power 4 or greater will destroy.

And chandra has 2 useless abilities, +1 unblockable doesn't really do anything, and her ultimate isn't going to copy much. Maybe a wrath 3 times or a counterspell lol. And her second ability doesn't really let you draw a card. Its play a card, I'm more of a draw go kind of player, plus I rather play arena because its 1 mana cheaper and can't be destroyed by being attacked. I run her in a ruuhan deck, where I think she fits perfectly though ;). Just doesn't really justify a card slot in 5cc. Although the synergy with top/jace would always be nice haha.

EDIT: Chromanticore just got spoiled. LOL ace run that shit on cromat haha thats a better batterskull FORSURE. I might even consider haha

Sep 2011

Keep in mind Thassa also makes Gideon/Cromat/stolen creatures unblockable and is indestructible. So unlike Scroll Rack or Crystal Ball or whatever, she'll survive enemy Oblivion Stones and such. Plus, between 3 planeswalkers with UU costs, Control Magic with UU, and a few other permanents with a single U (including Cromat and Chromanticore), it's not impossible for Thassa to go into indestructible unblockable beatdown mode. So IMO she's much better than just a pure scry card. Seems like a good fit for a control player, but ultimately up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Keep in mind Thassa also makes Gideon/Cromat/stolen creatures unblockable and is indestructible. So unlike Scroll Rack or Crystal Ball or whatever, she'll survive enemy Oblivion Stones and such. Plus, between 3 planeswalkers with UU costs, Control Magic with UU, and a few other permanents with a single U (including Cromat and Chromanticore), it's not impossible for Thassa to go into indestructible unblockable beatdown mode. So IMO she's much better than just a pure scry card. Seems like a good fit for a control player, but ultimately up to you.
    Ya maybe for ace's deck. You have a good point. I don't use gideon and can't target progen with it :(. Haha chromanticore what a solid card haha. I'm going to definitely try him out. pretty good that if you got rector out and you wipe you get ahead with a bomb ass creature. I like thassa's artwork I use her as a playmat and I'm not really into playmats haha

Can anyone explain the difference between Progenitus and Cromat? How does Cromat equal a three turn kill? What combination of mana do you need to pump to make this happen?
    ns2973 < Mike Flores

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Can anyone explain the difference between Progenitus and Cromat?
    The artwork may help considering the similar angles and whatnot. Cromat is clearly smaller and more of a mish-mash of abilities. Progenitus is an enormous hydra with protection from everything.

I preferred Cromat because he is a more subtle threat. Everyone forgets or simply doesn't know what he does.
    I am sure Qige can explain what drew him towards Progenitus.

How does Cromat equal a three turn kill? What combination of mana do you need to pump to make this happen?
    lets Cromat attack or block profitably against most creatures without involving damage

+1/+1
    +1/+1
    +Flying
    =========
    7/7 Flying

Thread Information