Page 598 of 645 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,960 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

I gave a chuckle when I saw BBD's latest creation.

https://www.cardhoarder.com/decks/shared/12429 for Julian's Legacy Primer League.

Terminus in the SB, 4 Mentors MD, and 0 Predict. I actually kind of hope he'll do well, it's going against this latest trend of multi-predict-Entreat-MD build.
    Last edited by twndomn; 04-18-2017 at 07:33 PM.

I don't know about BBDs list - seems a bit loose, but I've long said there might be something to this list:

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14427&d=286342&f=LE

Obviously some card choices are a bit questionable, but I've really wanted to devote a decent amount of time to playing around with this type of list and see where it goes. Just have never got around to it.
    "Take your time."

Legacy: UWR Miracles
    Vintage: UW Landstill

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    I gave a chuckle when I saw BBD's latest creation.

https://www.cardhoarder.com/decks/editor for Julian's Legacy Primer League.

Terminus in the SB, 4 Mentors MD, and 0 Predict. I actually kind of hope he'll do well, it's going against this latest trend of multi-predict-Entreat-MD build.
    Safe to say BBD is really going out of the box by playing Tarmogoyfs in Miracles (you linked to a BUG delver deck :P)

But seriously, I remember him saying after he top 4'd the last GP that he didn't think Predict was worth it, and that being proactive with Mentor is better than trying to steal wins with Entreat.

Moving all terminus to the SB is certainly a radical change.
    Nobody plays Legacy anymore, the tournaments are all too crowded

Quote Originally Posted by FZA View Post
    Safe to say BBD is really going out of the box by playing Tarmogoyfs in Miracles (you linked to a BUG delver deck :P)

But seriously, I remember him saying after he top 4'd the last GP that he didn't think Predict was worth it, and that being proactive with Mentor is better than trying to steal wins with Entreat.

Moving all terminus to the SB is certainly a radical change.
    Correct link here
    https://www.cardhoarder.com/decks/shared/12429

Julian's Legacy Premier League
    http://itsjulian.com/results
    Last edited by twndomn; 04-19-2017 at 03:36 AM.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

It's actually called the Legacy Premier League, not Primer. But thanks for the shout-outs!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

get fked omnishow.

if SneakShow or Omnitell is so around Wasteland + Crucible can be a choice (already seen in Japan, BTW)

I will totally be honest: whenever I think about ways to fight the control mirror in eternal formats, one of the first things I do consider is how to leverage a random 1-of Boseiju from the sideboard.

Problem is that it just makes whoever is hardcasting FoW/Council's Judgment in the Miracles mirror in order to not die look like a genius.

Uncounterable Predicts would also be quite nice. Using Boseiju as a way to dodge Flusterstorm when casting an EtA against BUG decks sounds appealing too.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Boseiju is not feasable in the mirror for the following reasons:
    1) It doesn't cast counterbalance.
    2) It doesn't cast red elemental blast targetting counterbalance.
    3) it doesn't cast counterspell targetting Jace.
    4) For it to be reasonable with Force, you have to hardcast force, which is often so late in the game that a single counterspell usually ends the fight anyhow.

Mar 2013
    Bern (Switzerland)

Quote Originally Posted by mike1987 View Post
    Hey Pascal, Congrats on your win!

I was just watching the first game of ur shardless match up. At 3:27:16, after you terminus the goyf and leovold, why not leave entreat on top? You can afford to take a hit from the tar pit, EOT entreat for 3 and kill him the next turn instead of letting his AV resolve in the hope of him digging into a maelstrom pulse if any. Just wanna learn more from your line of play and thinking behind it.

Thanks men!

Oh yes i saw the replay..i think my line is always to defend first.. i mean i never saw a decay of him so i except at least 1 for my angels.. but maybe i should go the route. 4 angels if i would top correctly and just try to win..but i dont think aggressive plays are good in this matchup..but maybe in this situation i should do it because he will just find more answers..it's always hard i mean i never saw a fow or a decay of him.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post

get fked omnishow.
    Is this deck making a comeback? Do we need to adopt the Japanese approach and play 1-2 Wastelands now/again?
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Mar 2014
    London

This is probably the direction Miracles should move in right now...

https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...t-on-the-lash/

Sib

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Sneak is pretty big online, I almost run into it each league. Current tally, in 8 matches, is 8 killed Boseiju (2x4), 2 eyes and 1 ancient Tomb.

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk

Sneak is pretty big online, I almost run into it each league. Current tally, in 8 matches, is 8 killed Boseiju (2x4), 2 eyes and 1 ancient Tomb.

How many Wastelands are you playing, and in place of what?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I'm currently playing two wastelands. I have 2 flusterstorm (where I'd ideally have 3) as well as only 3 snapcaster. I usually think the fourth snapcaster is the best sideboard card in miracles, as our deck is usually tailored post board to fight on the same axis as the opponent, and we just want more of everything vs whatever they are doing. I really like wasteland so far, but I have killed 8 bitch trees and 2 eye of ugin as well as a single ancient Tomb so far

I also got my Sneak opponent to concede after I won game one where he went Boseiju go and I went wasteland your Boseiju, go. He scooped in his 2nd main.

I'm currently playing two wastelands. I have 2 flusterstorm (where I'd ideally have 3) as well as only 3 snapcaster. I usually think the fourth snapcaster is the best sideboard card in miracles, as our deck is usually tailored post board to fight on the same axis as the opponent, and we just want more of everything vs whatever they are doing. I really like wasteland so far, but I have killed 8 bitch trees and 2 eye of ugin as well as a single ancient Tomb so far

I also got my Sneak opponent to concede after I won game one where he went Boseiju go and I went wasteland your Boseiju, go. He scooped in his 2nd main.

Ah so they are in the sideboard, got it.

Wasteland seems good. Traditional for control decks in Legacy to usually play Wastelands due to the fact that they dont tend to have efficient ways to interact with lands. I'm considering a 1/1 split. Having a copy in the maindeck is just a nice freeroll for answering randomness thanks to all of the library manipulation. At worst it gets Predicted away or it just taps for a single colorless mana.

I do question Crucible of Worlds tho. It isnt worth any effort to play another planeswalker type card that is strictly worse than JTMS in this shell. If you really wanted another soft lock Dust Bowl might be better, but even then it seems undesirable compared to a 3rd JTMS for example.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I definatly DON'T think Wasteland is playable in maindeck - Most delver decks are packing stifles these days, meaning our manabase is already under pressure, it's bad in the mirror, vs bug/4c control etc, and I don't expect Boseiju game one.

The only situation it's really desireble is, if the opponent is on bg turbo depths, as you have an out to a fast dd/stage, if you happen to have it, as well as vs eldrazi, for their eye of ugins.

The card is basically dedicated hate for the cards "Boseiju, who shelters all" as well as "Eye of Ugin". It comes with a significant cost, in that we use our mana, which is usually already taxed due to our deck being weaker vs the field (no sideboard, where we are miles and miles ahead of the second best deck).

For game ones I'd rather have a large amount of predict/cspell/balance than a wasteland, and those are the cards I'd look to cut, because we still want a 20 land manabase I think.

I was thinking in place of one of the flex spots actually. That 1x CS/CJ/EE slot. I wouldnt ever want to replace a staple land in the deck with a Wasteland. I also wouldnt mind playing 21 lands.

You are right that any generic card is better than Wasteland, but this deck is already so generic and redundant. It could stand to have one less generic card maindeck.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_b1rd View Post
    I was thinking in place of one of the flex spots actually. That 1x CS/CJ/EE slot. I wouldnt ever want to replace a staple land in the deck with a Wasteland. I also wouldnt mind playing 21 lands.

You are right that any generic card is better than Wasteland, but this deck is already so generic and redundant. It could stand to have one less generic card maindeck.
    You're not necessarily wrong but just think of how many more important things CJ gives us an answer to G1 compared to Wasteland:

CJ: Chalice, True-Name, Liliana, Jace, Counterbalance, Leovold

Wasteland: Eye of Ugin, Inkmoth Nexus, Dark Depths

Futhermore if we're mostly playing Wasteland to answer Boseiju, we definitely don't want it game 1 as most decks that play Boseiju do so in the SB.

Thread Information