Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [GP Providence] Coverage & Results

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Re: [GP Providence] Coverage & Results

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I saw it has Firespout, Therapy, Glitaxian Probe, Wall of blossoms as well. Oh and it has Aluren too!
    The Aluren that he never drew!

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Star City grabbed the decklists, sadly - I was going to get at least the T64 decks typed up otherwise. Maybe I'll still be able to get them, but doubtful.
    I'm guessing give it a week (for SCG Premiums)?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jun 2007
    Australia

I dislike this damn Hive Mind deck. It's essentially just another S&T with an extra playset of 'S&T'-combo-piece that is 6 to cast. There are 10 win-cons (were those pacts ever played?) that require the HM to work... So, rather than S&T being the engine, HM becomes a middleman to either S&T or Grim Monolith (or being a 6-drop engine itself) to run pacts!?

Funny thing is.. this deck just made more sheeples, following the Energy Field shenanigans.

PS. I hope this is not too soon... What is happening with the playmats? I am still keen to participate in this 'The Source Fundraiser' for 1 and have it shipped down under.
    Oh, FFS!

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Exactly. His deck thrived in a meta devoid of combo. Had there been more combo players, the deck would have failed horribly. The fact is, he made a meta-game deck as he was anticipating a lack of combo. (By combo I mean storm combo).
    Well, as Barber said post board he brings in a lot, and storm pilots are going to assume you have FoW main. I don't think he would have failed horribly.
    Matt Bevenour in real life

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

We have a Hive Mind player in our meta that actually does pretty well though his list isn't as good as this one, but it shows the power of that little combo well.

Hive Mind can be really dangerous. It just casts that thing and it's pretty much over right there. There's not too many decks that do anything about a Show and Tell other than Emrakul or something else irrelevant. Not to mention playing a Show and Tell against one of these decks is kind of scary.

I can totally understand how it got so far. It dodged some decks with heavy counters obviously, but it's still a scary fast combo.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I'm guessing give it a week (for SCG Premiums)?
    SCG is doing archtypes for all 1180 lists, but isn't typing any lists.

They have their invitational this week, which means 2+ weeks before you get the archtypes.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Not mention I'm sure they will butcher half the names.
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Jul 2008
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Erm, and those Pacts aren't dead cards until the combo-turn? Good point about Sneak Show is, that you aren't at risk of killing yourself (while Stifle on Hive Mind's ability can cost you the game).
    Maybe my words were unclear - my disregard for Show and Tell decks include this one. The Pacts are dead cards yeah.

not really someone worth listening to
    Jun 2006
    مجريط , Spain

It would seem that someone is claiming Hive Mind is the new deck to beat, as you all are in such a hurry to bash it. This deck has been around for a while, it comes from another format and some people found the combo cool and tried to brew some Legacy lists. Some friends of mine did, a few months ago.

An then we have one guy who had a Mental Misstep-proof combo and certain amount of luck in a meta packed with Misstep hysteria and aggro decks. Well, good for him, it's clear that this won't be the new deck to beat. Maybe we can all learn a lesson from this. You know, perhaps, not every deck that make it to the top8 at a SCG Open or even at a GP is broken, and maybe not every player that tops is the next Bobby Fischer. Maybe.
    We tried to copy the Source, but then we realized we're spanish
    If my post results dumb or offensive, it's probably just me miserably failing at being ironic in a foreign language

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I'm actually happy that this didn't happen. For the first time, a FoW-less deck wins a Legacy GP, though it is still a blue-splash deck.
    I just want to point out that this isn't the first time. Patron of the Akki took down the first one.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

The Hive Mind is far from a "Deck to Beat". It needs to pull a few more wins than that. Dream Halls was clamored to be put in there just a bit ago and we all see how that went. Once people got used to it, it failed.

Thread Information