Thread: Legacy in Washington, DC

No time to actually play Legacy
    Jun 2009
    Washington, D.C.

Legacy in Washington, DC

I'm going to be in DC until the end of August and I was hoping to play some Legacy while I'm here. Any suggestions?

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Legacy in Washington, DC

The Curio Cavern, in Springfield, Va., holds $5 Legacy tournaments every Wednesday night. Attendance varies between 10 and 20 people, but it's still growing.

Hope to see you there!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

No time to actually play Legacy
    Jun 2009
    Washington, D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    The Curio Cavern, in Springfield, Va., holds $5 Legacy tournaments every Wednesday night. Attendance varies between 10 and 20 people, but it's still growing.

Hope to see you there!
    Thanks for letting me know. It looks pretty far from me so I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it. What's the meta like?

Legacy in DC.

Dream Wizards - Friday night magic every second Friday of the month is Legacy.

comics and stuff - in Glen burnie MD will usually hold one once per month

You might also want to check out Thanks for playing and Xanadu games as well.

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Xanadu Games in Arbutus MD is a little farther away from DC but has proxy legacy tournaments Wednesday nights and larger sanctioned tournaments around once a month with great prize support.

Hope to see you there!
    I just moved near Fairfax; do all the Northern VA guys show up to these? I'm definitely going to start coming.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

Quote Originally Posted by atropos View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. It looks pretty far from me so I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it. What's the meta like?
    Yeah, I know Springfield is a ways outside of DC, depending on where you're staying. It might be easier for you to go to one of the other places mentioned in the thread.

All I can really tell you about the meta at Curio is that it is fairly competitive, since most of the regulars there also attend Open Series events.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

Dream wizards is in Rockville. You can metro.

google it or call the store and find the closest metro. I believe it's a 20 min or so walk after that.

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

White Flint or Twinbrook are probably the closest metro stations.

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Yeah, I know Springfield is a ways outside of DC, depending on where you're staying. It might be easier for you to go to one of the other places mentioned in the thread.

All I can really tell you about the meta at Curio is that it is fairly competitive, since most of the regulars there also attend Open Series events.
    If you are near a metro stop its actually quite easy to get to Curio Cavern. The Franconia/Springfield metro stop is within walking distance of the store. I would say its about a ten minute walk. Its quite convenient for people who aren't driving or don't have access to a car.

Thread Information