Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mtgfanatic are liars and crooks!

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Re: Mtgfanatic are liars and crooks!

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with that guy?

Penis Envy
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    I looked through MTGfanatics buy list and found they had really competative prices on a lot of singles (some not so much). But for example, 6$ for SoB&M when they were going for 7$, 5$ for a fauna shaman when they were going for 6$, etc. and that was before the 25% store credit bonus. So I found all the 10$-.25$ cards I had on their list and mailed it out hoping to get a check for for about 180$.

A few weeks later I get paid only like 44$ and they mail back more than half the stuff I sent them. They basically kept all the stuff like SoB&M, elspeths, fauna shamans, Urborg (stuff they could sell easily). And sent me back the junk rares, the junk rares that were specifically on their buy list keep in mind. If they didnt not want to buy my Aven Brigadiers and browbeats then they shouldnt have put it on their buy list. Kind of annoying since I was mostly trying to get rid of stuff that was junk to me, and since it was on their buy list, i figured it wasn't junk to them. I wouldn't have even sold to them if I knew they were going to pick and choose from what I sent them and mail back the rest.
    Happened twice to me, then I found a lot more reputable stores. I'm also convinced, like many others, that they send back played versions of cards that you sent in as NM. It would be a nice experiment to try some day with invisible ink and a UV light; food for thought.

The one good thing that came out of that mess (I had just started playing) is that I got tipped off to communities like MOTL, and stores like SCG, CFB, T&T, and CoolStuff. Why would you ever do business with MTG Fanatic if the aforementioned stores exist?
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

Sep 2007
    MN

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    I looked through MTGfanatics buy list and found they had really competative prices on a lot of singles (some not so much). But for example, 6$ for SoB&M when they were going for 7$, 5$ for a fauna shaman when they were going for 6$, etc. and that was before the 25% store credit bonus. So I found all the 10$-.25$ cards I had on their list and mailed it out hoping to get a check for for about 180$.

A few weeks later I get paid only like 44$ and they mail back more than half the stuff I sent them.
    Sounds about par for their business operation.

Cabal Therapist
    Oct 2010
    Colchester, VT

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid- View Post
    The one good thing that came out of that mess (I had just started playing) is that I got tipped off to communities like MOTL, and stores like SCG, CFB, T&T, and CoolStuff. Why would you ever do business with MTG Fanatic if the aforementioned stores exist?
    Yeah that was my 1st transaction with them, wont do that again. I often consider buying/selling to SSG and but their prices are so uncompetitive I just look elsewhere. T&T and coolstuff are nice though, I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Those two are the two cheapest places for sealed products I know of. Ebay, MOTL and, in my experience, believe it not, MTGS trade forum are really your best bet if your willing to put the time into it.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Well, the issue is that it's not a single goof-up. They repeatedly fuck people over, and because of this, they don't deserve my, or anyone else's, business.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Just a lil' testimonial:

On the Sunday before the most recent bannings, I placed a 'sell' order to ABUgames.com. I sold off 12 shoals, a set of vesuva, and a bunch more stuff. Total was about $245. I was worried, though; if any of that stuff was getting banned, my package wouldn't arrive in their hands until at minimum two days after the banning. They might reject my sale, or try to buy the cards at the 'new' price. But since I had gotten such a sterling recommendation from my friend who has done quite a bit of business with them (think: a dozen beta duals, an entire foil EDH deck), I went ahead with it.

They accepted it all and paid me every cent. Granted, I did place the order two days prior to the bB&R update (as opposed to 10 minutes after), and that probably helped. But they honored every price I sold at, to the penny, and I would gladly sell to them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Just a lil' testimonial:

On the Sunday before the most recent bannings, I placed a 'sell' order to ABUgames.com. I sold off 12 shoals, a set of vesuva, and a bunch more stuff. Total was about $245. I was worried, though; if any of that stuff was getting banned, my package wouldn't arrive in their hands until at minimum two days after the banning. They might reject my sale, or try to buy the cards at the 'new' price. But since I had gotten such a sterling recommendation from my friend who has done quite a bit of business with them (think: a dozen beta duals, an entire foil EDH deck), I went ahead with it.

They accepted it all and paid me every cent. Granted, I did place the order two days prior to the bB&R update (as opposed to 10 minutes after), and that probably helped. But they honored every price I sold at, to the penny, and I would gladly sell to them again.
    I have also had nothing but great experiences with ABU also
    Brainstorm is only useful in certain situations? Brainstorm is useful when you hand is not the stone cold nutter butter blade Ranchington Q. Farnsworth Esquire best. When Brainstorm is "dead", the game is already over.
    - AriLax

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Something to ponder: is everyone with the name magic fanatic a crook and a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    Penis Envy
    The irony of this is quite amusing, considering it's coming from 'Mr. Compensation Issues' himself.

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Enough of this shit.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Quote Originally Posted by WhereDerizSmokeDerisFire View Post
    yes but seriously
    what the chance of you have
    the exact same amount of cards
    that you "shipped out" and then post
    the exact same amount of nm cards
    and played cards and this is the not
    first time online vendors didn't want
    to honor an order but atleast they where
    honest about it and not try to play it off
    like they shipped it to me the tracking never
    updated meaning the post office never received
    it and the vendor simply printed out the label
    so no i am not gonna wait since its obvious they
    try to rip me off
    14 lines? Did you post your reply in sonnet form?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Thread Information