Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zac Hill takes over LaPille's column

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: Zac Hill takes over LaPille's column

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    That makes sense. He is after all simply a spokesperson.
    This much may be true, but the approach is favorable to the last one.

I guess I just felt like, when I read LaPille's columns, it was this dude trying to tell me why I'm not playing Magic right, or why I should just sit back and watch the changes to have him go "Trust me kid, this is the good stuff, you're just doing it weird." Hill's voice is such a departure from that in that one column.

It's probably a little early for jumping jacks, sure. Maybe it's just me preferring his narrative to the other guy because lately Magic's been getting more and more inaccessible for me - I don't have time to jump into Standard, don't really have money to spent on it and the Eternal scene has been drying up for a while here in Nebraska. So to have all those things happening with Tom LaPille throwing out all this "try it you'll like it" crap was really making the game feel another step further away from me, and Zac Hill doesn't do that. (yet, heh. he still has plenty of time to screw up)

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: Zac Hill takes over LaPille's column

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    All RnD staff should attend a 50+ person legacy tournament before they're credible about writing on the eternal formats.
    I'm not going to defend things that Tom said, but he did do this part. Zac also has played in unsactioned Legacy tournaments here in Seattle.

Thread Information