Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 361 to 367 of 367

Thread: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

  1. #361

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by theillest View Post
    Why would Lance Armstrong be one of the biggest scumbags in the history of sports? If that assertion is based on, a) he doped, and b) he pressured everyone else to dope, including really young/impressionable guys, you should reconsider. PED use is the standard in pro sports. Lance Armstrong won those because of work ethic and freakish genetics. I'd agree that he is one of the biggest scapegoats in the history of sports.
    That has to be the weakest defense I've seen yet. Armstrong won because he doped more and doped better and got his teammates to dope to help him.

    If it was just him doping, sure, strip his records and titles and forget about him. What makes him a scumbag is being the driving force behind doping his team - including basically kids - and even a major driving force behind doping in cycling as a whole.

    Also, his hubris is incredible. He's been doping since at least the late 90s and denied it the entire time, building up this completely false clean-cut image of himself. He would do anything to win, no matter how scummy or what effect it had on other people.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

  2. #362
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,998

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by theillest View Post
    Why would Lance Armstrong be one of the biggest scumbags in the history of sports? If that assertion is based on, a) he doped, and b) he pressured everyone else to dope, including really young/impressionable guys, you should reconsider. PED use is the standard in pro sports. Lance Armstrong won those because of work ethic and freakish genetics. I'd agree that he is one of the biggest scapegoats in the history of sports.
    Justify cheating? Is that you, Alex?

    Serious, Maybe dip a nose into the 1000-site USADA report about his doping network. Calling someone, gaining millions of $ via adds and Sponsoring, all based on excellent sport performances on dope, a scapegoat, is wierd.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  3. #363
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    And he got to bone Sheryl Crow too. Damn him!

  4. #364
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,998

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    And he got to bone Sheryl Crow too. Damn him!
    Everyone wants to bone the pop musicians. Someone has to tup the country singers too.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  5. #365

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    This persecution is a dog and pony show for the media. I'm sorry to hear that you guys bought into it. To put it simply, PEDs are part of sports. There is no serious effort to ‘clean up’ sports. That would be bad for business. Since sports aren’t ‘clean’, it is BS to pretend that they are and punish as if they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    That has to be the weakest defense I've seen yet. Armstrong won because he doped more and doped better and got his teammates to dope to help him.
    Aww, come on... it's not that weak. Stick with me here... I believe his success was due partly to best practices in athletic training and physical optimization, including PEDs. However, the majority of his success is the result of the execution of training, dedication and genetics. That’s why he won and that is what the titles represent.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    If it was just him doping, sure, strip his records and titles and forget about him. What makes him a scumbag is being the driving force behind doping his team - including basically kids - and even a major driving force behind doping in cycling as a whole.
    Your vilification of him as a driving force and corruptor of youth is unwarranted. He was doing what professional athletes do. He does not deserve to be singled out. If you want to strip the records from athletes who use PEDs, you have a long way to go beyond Lance and cycling.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Also, his hubris is incredible. He's been doping since at least the late 90s and denied it the entire time, building up this completely false clean-cut image of himself. He would do anything to win, no matter how scummy or what effect it had on other people.
    He did what he needed to do for his job. His job was to win. PEDs are needed to win at the level of competition in which he was engaged. Projecting an image was also part of his job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Justify cheating? Is that you, Alex?

    Serious, Maybe dip a nose into the 1000-site USADA report about his doping network. Calling someone, gaining millions of $ via adds and Sponsoring, all based on excellent sport performances on dope, a scapegoat, is wierd.
    No, not Alex! What Alex did was wrong and is not comparable to LA, IMO.

    He is a scapegoat because he was doing the same things as his competitors and other pro athletes. It is reminiscent of the congressional hearings on steroids in baseball.

  6. #366

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    Oh jeez... Lance thread on the MTG website!

    I'd voice my opinion here... but I'd rather get in a shameless plug for my blog (it's all triathlon related... no magics :( )

    ahem... carry on.
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

  7. #367
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    3,449

    Re: Alex Bertoncini's serial cheating.

    @Judge: Necropotence is banned in Legacy!

    Illicit Auction is also frowned upon.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)