Thread: Too sticky?

Too sticky?

Hey awesome mods and sourcers!

The format & article discussion is one of my favourite lurking hideouts.
    But is it just me, or is it getting a bit too sticky here?
    Perhaps the starting 7 chart and Legacy checklist in the Required reading thread?
    Or something like that. Anyways.

A little request. It would be nice to put up a new B/R speculation thread, with a fresh poll, at a set interval before B/R announcements. Closing poll at dci date, seems fun ;).

Maybe other sourcers have similar small suggestions or ideas. Shoot.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Re: Too sticky?

More Polls. I think we should have a new one for the B/R Speculation thread more often. There hasn't been one in a really long time.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

We should do a B/R poll every beginning of the 3rd month.

Hell, let's even bet on it (winning bragging rights if gambling is frowned upon).

Though I can picture everyone voting these three cards to be out of the list and they still won't be legalized:

Earthcraft
    Land Tax
    Mind Twist
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    We should do a B/R poll every beginning of the 3rd month.

Hell, let's even bet on it (winning bragging rights if gambling is frowned upon).

Though I can picture everyone voting these three cards to be out of the list and they still won't be legalized:

Earthcraft
    Land Tax
    Mind Twist
    would be fun but I dont see Squirrelcraft being legacy legal anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kwelts View Post
    would be fun but I dont see Squirrelcraft being legacy legal anytime soon.
    Because squirrelcraft is so much better than painter stone one requires the combat step, one does not. One requires that you have to untap with it in play to win, the other doesn't. Squirrelcraft is obsolete as a deck. Squirrelcraft wouldn't be any more broken then TES, ANT, or any number of other combo decks.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

There are an awful lot of Sticky-ed threads. It's annoying, but I see why each of the threads is stuck to the top of the list. As annoying as they are, I think constantly seeing new threads for those topics is even more frustrating.
    InfoNinjas

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

I almost exclusively browse the Source through the awesome "What's New?" button at the top, so that's not something I notice.

If there are lots of people who are bothered by the eight stickies, please sound out. I think they all belong there, but I can see consolidating a few if it's really annoying people.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

They call me a slob, but I do my job...
    Sep 2009
    Back to the city by the sea, blowin' in the wind, fighting with hordes of retired people

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    I almost exclusively browse the Source through the awesome "What's New?" button at the top, so that's not something I notice.

If there are lots of people who are bothered by the eight stickies, please sound out. I think they all belong there, but I can see consolidating a few if it's really annoying people.
    I'm not particularly annoyed by the stickies, but I can see thread 3 to 7 being consolidated into something named like "Legacy Resources".

I second the proposal of having a new B&R thread every 3 months, since in case of bannings/unbannings a new one pops up anyways.
    Team Stimato Ezio: You're off the team!

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
    -Kierkegaard

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Cthuloo View Post
    I'm not particularly annoyed by the stickies, but I can see thread 3 to 7 being consolidated into something named like "Legacy Resources".

I second the proposal of having a new B&R thread every 3 months, since in case of bannings/unbannings a new one pops up anyways.
    I second these ideas as well... just let the "Articles" thread where it is, and I'm fine ^^
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Agreed that a bunch of that stuff could go in required reading/resources, and yay polls on B&R!

Also concerning Earthcraft, why do people only bring up that Squirrel Craft is no good? seriously earthcraft couldn't go in any other deck like combo elves?
    I'm not saying earthcraft is broken but it is one of those engine cards that is pretty much never played fairly, there is certainly a high risk potential there, outside of just Squirrel Nest.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Elves with Earthcraft is still a meta deck. It doesn't add to Legacy in a substantially new way.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

@ OP - Stickies in this forum were getting a bit out of hand so I merged several into the Required Reading thread and retitled it Legacy Resources - Articles and More. Or something like that. Thanks for the suggestion.

The other stickies are mostly for forum management and help us consolidate similar topics and reduce duplicate threads.

Thread Information