Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243
Results 4,841 to 4,851 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

If you replace the metalworker and forge master with mystic forge/inventors fair/basalt monolith your deck could be really good and you could still play all the tutorable hate pieces. IMO 8 keys 8 monoliths is way more consistent than 4 keys 4 monoliths 4 metalworker 4 forgemaster because of cross synergy, haste, and avoiding removal.

Mystic forge is absolutely busted and gives you a good reason to stay away from non-artifact threats or cloud post, so the deck should have a niche.

Jan 2013
    winter park, FL

https://youtu.be/7SOEQqY_18A

My donation deck for the Bosh n Roll Youtube channel was MUD.

I have an updated list I played in a small 3 round Paper Legacy Discord tournament too, it is a STAX build and I went 2-0-1. I will link that as well. Good to be back 😁

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/f540RKAcY0OZHj62jujYqQ
    Primary deck: Mud
    Secondary deck: Burn
    Building: Nic Fit

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

If it has a home anywhere it would be in MUD I guess. I'm not completely sure yet, playing 12-tron or only urza's saga (or factory?!) to bump it... not coming into play tapped is really nice though. Metalcraft is tricky - maybe you'd need opal or petals to get there sooner?

T1 Tomb, Chalice/Greaves
    T2 Urza's Saga Trini/Metal
    T3 Urza's Workshop Karn
    T4 Urza's Workshop Sundering Titan?

What do you think?

Nov 2017
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post

If it has a home anywhere it would be in MUD I guess. I'm not completely sure yet, playing 12-tron or only urza's saga (or factory?!) to bump it... not coming into play tapped is really nice though. Metalcraft is tricky - maybe you'd need opal or petals to get there sooner?

T1 Tomb, Chalice/Greaves
    T3 Urza's Workshop Karn

What do you think?
    I am not sure Tron can be efficiently played in Legacy. On the other hand Urza's saga is already great on its own, factory used to be played quite lot and might pass the cut in the right deck.

Metalcraft if not so difficult to get but the real question is to know if that card is better than the possible alternatives. Do we need it while we have access to several moxen or mana artifacts ? It looks like a nice card that could deserve some tests but i am not overly optimistic. The card is quite slow and with a not so easy setup if one wants to produce lots of mana. I am not sure the meta is good for such decks now.

By the way, it is fun to see they finally made a try at mending Mishra's workshop ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Albarkhane View Post
    factory used to be played quite lot and might pass the cut in the right deck.
    Do you really mean Urza's Factory? Because that's the one we'd have to play unfortunately, not Mishra's Factory

Jan 2013
    winter park, FL

T1 Tomb, Chalice/Greaves
    T3 Urza's Workshop Karn

What do you think?
    All those Leyline Binding decks won't know what hit 'em!

Jan 2013
    winter park, FL

What do you think?
    I like the idea of the card. It would've been better had it been "Metalcraft - T: Add " or "T: Add X, return workshop to owners hand if you control less than one artifact."

Urza's Saga is the only Urza's land worth playing in Legacy atm, but it only stays in play for a couple turns on it's own. So there really isn't much you can do with this card unless Urza buys more real estate. The whole flavor of Urza is delayed payoffs, and ain't nobody got time for that.

I will say that the Brothers' War really hits the spot for me since my MUD deck will actually look like mud now. The retro frame cards for 8Cast and Mystic Forge are the cherry on top.
    Portal to Phyrexia seems like a cool inclusion for Welder decks also.
    Liberator, Urza's Battlethopter also looks like a fun addition for MUD also.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwas View Post
    I like the idea of the card. It would've been better had it been "Metalcraft - T: Add "
    Lol.

That card would be preemptively banned in Legacy. Book on that.

Jan 2013
    winter park, FL

Might be a fun one-of

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

T1 Tomb, Chalice/Greaves
    T3 Urza's Workshop Karn

What do you think?
    Apparently it does have a home in Mystic/Ring decks, hard for MUD to make a comeback with all these Null Rod's

Sep 2011

Karn Forge is a better shell than summoning sick Metalworker. It's taken over the same design space. You could try playing those cards in MUD, do you even get much keeping Metalworker in the deck?

Otherwise they already run Sol Lands, Saga, Key, Monolith, faster acceleration, big colorless payoffs. Karn means they're preboarded 4xNull Rod for the mirror, while MUD's Lodestone Golem is anti-boarded for the mirror.

Thread Information