Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243 LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    No, but I'll not say more. He's a sourcer and I'll leave it to him if he likes.
    Oh, I didn't mean to be rude about it, it's just that Airwave made a very interesting RW MUD list a while ago that seems to be a perfect fit for the new tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean to be rude about it, it's just that Airwave made a very interesting RW MUD list a while ago that seems to be a perfect fit for the new tech.
    Hehe, I didn't think you were, I just wasn't sure how much Wanderlust had shared and don't like to spill the beans on other people's projects.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

The R/W-list was my first thought as well, but I'm not entirely sure it's the right way to go. That list functions mainly around forgemaster, but the key-search cards are banned (platinum/blightsteel )
    For now I'm trying mono-white with Swords to plowshares/karakas/soul-guide to prevent losing out to some decks. Any storm will probably be lunchtime without chalice/trini

I'm playing metalworker/staff as well, staff functions as combo piece with worker and finisher with the fox. Deck feels crazy but still needs a lot of work.

I also tried the all-out-red combo list, but I'm not sure of that list yet as well. Feels powerful but glass cannon nonetheless. Maybe I played it wrong Anyway, it's nice to be brewing in this lockdown...

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    The R/W-list was my first thought as well, but I'm not entirely sure it's the right way to go. That list functions mainly around forgemaster, but the key-search cards are banned (platinum/blightsteel )
    For now I'm trying mono-white with Swords to plowshares/karakas/soul-guide to prevent losing out to some decks. Any storm will probably be lunchtime without chalice/trini

I'm playing metalworker/staff as well, staff functions as combo piece with worker and finisher with the fox. Deck feels crazy but still needs a lot of work.

I also tried the all-out-red combo list, but I'm not sure of that list yet as well. Feels powerful but glass cannon nonetheless. Maybe I played it wrong Anyway, it's nice to be brewing in this lockdown...
    I'd substitute kuldothas for KGC as you can have those in the SB. Monoliths make them easier to cast anyway.

Stoneforge with metalworker can use Umbral Mantle as a 1-of.
    About the lockpieces I thought about Dovin, Hand of Control (it seems too cute though), but Orim's Chant would be necessary to stop storm. I don't think Isochron Scepter Is necessary MD, maybe as wishboard.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

I'd substitute kuldothas for KGC as you can have those in the SB. Monoliths make them easier to cast anyway.

Stoneforge with metalworker can use Umbral Mantle as a 1-of.
    About the lockpieces I thought about Dovin, Hand of Control (it seems too cute though), but Orim's Chant would be necessary to stop storm. I don't think Isochron Scepter Is necessary MD, maybe as wishboard.
    Dovin, hadn't thought of that. Might be tricky though I agree. Orim's Chant would be a great option against storm indeed, Isochron Scepter could be interesting as it also combines with both Swords to Plowshares and Enlightened Tutor.

Announcing that you have a companion is sadly a disadvantage. Opponents will know what's coming

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I've made a list close to what I was working prior to Ikoria, with minimum splash. It have a lot of ways to assemble a kill although it doesn't rely so much on the combo to win, you can just create lots of value and go for it.
    Candles can make the 2nd mana for Zirda, but IRL you could play more furnaces and use key for them, or maybe Umbral mantle that combos with metalworker with 2 cards in hand without Zirda.

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Blast Zone
    3 Candelabra of Tawnos
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Citanul Flute
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Grim Monolith
    1 Inventors' Fair
    2 Karakas
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Manifold Key
    4 Metalworker
    3 Scrapyard Recombiner
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2 Vesuva
    3 Walking Ballista
    2 Staff of Domination
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 Mystic Forge
    1 Basalt Monolith
    1 Great Furnace
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Cascading Cataracts
    3 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    1 Kuldotha Forgemaster

Sideboard
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Spatial Contortion
    1 Ugin, the Ineffable
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Zirda, the Dawnwaker

Mar 2016
    Long Island, New York

Fox monolith seems great in a mono r prison shell. Requires some amount of thought. Looks like a great deck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    He exercises his right to bear arms.

Mar 2016
    Long Island, New York

Might even be a rw deck for tutors. Enlightened tutor seems fine in a mystic forge shell, for sure. Feels like the deck has more than just legs.

If we keep playing mud post, I'd suggest playing sphere of resistance or thorns mb, bc this kind of thing is going to be all over bt the fox and the other storm card

He exercises his right to bear arms.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Malfeischylde View Post
    Might even be a rw deck for tutors. Enlightened tutor seems fine in a mystic forge shell, for sure. Feels like the deck has more than just legs.

If we keep playing mud post, I'd suggest playing sphere of resistance or thorns mb, bc this kind of thing is going to be all over bt the fox and the other storm card

That would be great, unfortunately that wouldn't work with our new company (no activated ability!)

@silverflame: nice list! Always like the candelabra! Watch out with Vesuva though, it has the same problem as above. It's one of the few lands we can't use, same goes for Urborg...

Btw: I'd recommend anyone playing Storm to use the fox as well. Nice tool to confuse opponents game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlenasty View Post
    Serious question: Anybody still trying to rock the Metalworker and dudes build?
    I am

Feb 2015
    Brazil

So apparently Companions are here to stay, so don't dismiss Jegantha, the Wellspring as a free card to be played with Golos and Cascading Cataracts if you are not running chalice of the void and walking ballista MD.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

could improve further the Jegantha-Golos build or be useful on Welder/thopter lists

Feb 2015
    Brazil

not sure how I feel about this little guy

I feel like this might have crazy potential.. thinking of you Welder.

The card seems playable. Great against oko and other planeswalkers. Especially when there is chalice on one in the field.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

I've been trying to pull off a Traxos list for MUD. The card seems like it could be a big beater and it gives a purpose to manifold key beyond grim monolith

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Manifold Key
    1 Staff of Domination
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    1 Staff of Nin
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4 Metalworker
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 Mishra's Factory
    1 Hall of the Bandit Lord
    1 Throne of the High City
    3 Karn, the Great Creator

2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Trading Post
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Witchbane Orb
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Leyline of the Void

I wanted to bring back old school elements like lodestone golem and kuldotha forgemaster, but now with Traxos you can have another big beater
    . Tried to stay away from the 12post manabase since you can lower the curve because you don't have that "big mana" payout card like emrakul or kozi. The Karn package looks hella sketchy tho.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Interesting. Not confirmed yet, though.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

So Oko is dead. Anyone going for MUD-comeback?

I think steel stompy might be able to come back, but MUD is dead imo.

The point of MUD is to make a ton of colourless mana early in the game. A lot of the best colourless threats are not artifacts any more: karn tgc, 6 cmc Ugin, TKS, reality smasher, all is dust. Metalworker, like Urza tron, just seems to be more vulnerable and inconsistent at making lots of mana than the alternatives. More Keys plus more monoliths (karn turbo forge), cloud post + eye of Ugin (eldrazi post) or even coretapper (dice factory) do the same thing better.

If you are splashing it’s hard to compete with urza echo and titanpost for speed and resilience respectively.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I think steel stompy might be able to come back, but MUD is dead imo.

The point of MUD is to make a ton of colourless mana early in the game. A lot of the best colourless threats are not artifacts any more: karn tgc, 6 cmc Ugin, TKS, reality smasher, all is dust. Metalworker, like Urza tron, just seems to be more vulnerable and inconsistent at making lots of mana than the alternatives. More Keys plus more monoliths (karn turbo forge), cloud post + eye of Ugin (eldrazi post) or even coretapper (dice factory) do the same thing better.

If you are splashing it’s hard to compete with urza echo and titanpost for speed and resilience respectively.
    I agree, a lot of colorless threats are not artifacts at the moment. But I guess it will only be a matter of time when wizards decides to print some outrageous artifacts. When that time comes MUD could come back I guess

Thread Information