Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

Well, sorry guys for not sharing my opinion recently.. Ima on a crossroad of life :(

I did try to put my ideas here, but new cards kept on spawning before I conclude about one single card...
    (and though thing is that those cards wasn't on MO yet)

I'm just considering about the list below, and I would say that do not ever forget to get <Seasoned Pyromancer>, he is possibly be the best card in Modern Horizon.(might be a bit too slow on legacy, but if you consider Zombardment on modern, do buy him)
    Did you tell me Shenanigan is? I know. Thought you all did put it on the list if you ever fought against Chalicy decks.

MAIN
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Graveclawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Undead Auger (VS Rix-Maadi Reveler)
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Seasoned Pyromancer(VS Rix-Maadi Reveler)
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Entomb
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Phyrexian Alter
    1 Shenanigans

3 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    10 fetches
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrublands

SIDE
    4 Wear/Tear
    3 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Darkblast
    1 Volcanic Spray

Just trying out Cavern, much to say about recent metagame, but am not able yet to follow all the data and not able to test all those out..
    (and hey, now I need to build another Zombardment for Modern format)

Dec 2010
    Prague

Fantastic! I love it. Cant wait to try thrbjrsttLet us know when you finish the Modern list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for a great 0-4 yesterday on the weekly, pairing vs 3 reanimators and 1 miracles.

Deck just toyed with me all games... I have figured out that Ashiok maindeck is too slow, sometimes I got stuck with some number of bridges on hand (playing 4), kinda dissapointed with the results

Anyway, lets see how these new cards will boost up the deck, seasoned pyromancer looks amazing, but 3 mana is a bit too much, not sure if it will play legacy.

Dec 2010
    Prague

[QUOTE=tamiful;1071109]Well, sorry guys for not sharing my opinion recently.. Ima on a crossroad of life :(

I did try to put my ideas here, but new cards kept on spawning before I conclude about one single [\QUOTE]

I really like you aproach and new ideas but why did you cut Looting? Its like cutting Brainstorm from Miracles. Its Looting tha allows us to do crazy thing from T2. Why this change?

I like one of Shenaningans. But I always liked 6/6 as it allows as to sac creatures again and again. And its something against Marit.

I hope you will be fine, tamiful! Good luck with everything that worries you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    Went for a great 0-4 yesterday on the weekly, pairing vs 3 reanimators and 1 miracles.

Deck just toyed with me all games... I have figured out that Ashiok maindeck is too slow, sometimes I got stuck with some number of bridges on hand (playing 4), kinda dissapointed with the results

Anyway, lets see how these new cards will boost up the deck, seasoned pyromancer looks amazing, but 3 mana is a bit too much, not sure if it will play legacy.
    I don't think the new set will revolutionize zombardment as there are no cards remotely like Stitcher's Supplier that are being printed. The set does give us a few tools and opens up different approaches to deckbuilding.

Concerning Reanimator matchup, it is probably our worst one. I've spent hours testing and mulling over this specific matchup a while back and most of my SB cards have some overlap against Reanimator. The strategy I've had the most success with is going for a long game. The first step is to prevent Griselbrand from coming into play, ideally by extracting it. Given that Bombardment is mostly a dead card in the matchup it gets sided out so we essentially have no way to deal with a resolved Griselbrand as we can't race a 7/7 lifelink flyer that finds Elesh Norn. Coffin Purge is mostly a concession to Reanimator because it's GY hate that cannot be discarded. From that point on, every removal spell is essentially a counterspell on every reanimation spell. Cards like StP and PtE go a long way when dealing with a quick non-griselbrand reanimated fatty given that exiling the target counters the Entomb/Looting, and getting it off the table counters the reanimation spell.

Here's the deck I've been having the most success with and how I SB:

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth

4 Entomb
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Lingering Souls

3 Goblin Bombardment
    1 Bridge from Below

1 Undiscovered Paradise
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    //SB
    1 Coffin Purge
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Wear // Tear
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Liliana of the Veil

-2 Goblin Cratermaker: Dead card
    -3 Goblin Bombardment: Only races Griselbrand, otherwise dead card
    -4 Cabal Therapy: Too many redundant targets makes it extremely difficult to aim and too slow if you wait to see their hand. Also a dead top deck
    -1 Bridge from Below: Mostly a dead card as generating value is not the issue here

+1 Coffin Purge
    +3 Surgical Extraction
    +2 Swords to Plowshares
    +2 Path to Exile
    +2 Liliana of the Veil: This card quickly takes over the game if they can't overwhelm it via Griselbrand. Don't be fooled by symetrical discard, it is repeatable edicts

I keep Lingering Souls in mostly to stall a board when I am looking for a removal spell or to make 2 bodies to sac to Scourge of Nel Toth. A lot of BR Reanimator lists will have Chancellors or Ashen Rider and Souls allows us to stall for a few draw steps or Liliana upticks. When I played 4 Rix Maadi instead of the current 2/2 Rix Maadi/Cratermaker split I would side out 2 Lingering Souls instead of Cratermakers leaving 1 copy of Souls as an Entomb target.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Qweerios View Post
    I don't think the new set will revolutionize zombardment as there are no cards remotely like Stitcher's Supplier that are being printed. The set does give us a few tools and opens up different approaches to deckbuilding.

Concerning Reanimator matchup, it is probably our worst one. I've spent hours testing and mulling over this specific matchup a while back and most of my SB cards have some overlap against Reanimator. The strategy I've had the most success with is going for a long game. The first step is to prevent Griselbrand from coming into play, ideally by extracting it. Given that Bombardment is mostly a dead card in the matchup it gets sided out so we essentially have no way to deal with a resolved Griselbrand as we can't race a 7/7 lifelink flyer that finds Elesh Norn. Coffin Purge is mostly a concession to Reanimator because it's GY hate that cannot be discarded. From that point on, every removal spell is essentially a counterspell on every reanimation spell. Cards like StP and PtE go a long way when dealing with a quick non-griselbrand reanimated fatty given that exiling the target counters the Entomb/Looting, and getting it off the table counters the reanimation spell.

Here's the deck I've been having the most success with and how I SB:

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth

4 Entomb
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Lingering Souls

3 Goblin Bombardment
    1 Bridge from Below

1 Undiscovered Paradise
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    //SB
    1 Coffin Purge
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Wear // Tear
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Liliana of the Veil

-2 Goblin Cratermaker: Dead card
    -3 Goblin Bombardment: Only races Griselbrand, otherwise dead card
    -4 Cabal Therapy: Too many redundant targets makes it extremely difficult to aim and too slow if you wait to see their hand. Also a dead top deck
    -1 Bridge from Below: Mostly a dead card as generating value is not the issue here

+1 Coffin Purge
    +3 Surgical Extraction
    +2 Swords to Plowshares
    +2 Path to Exile
    +2 Liliana of the Veil: This card quickly takes over the game if they can't overwhelm it via Griselbrand. Don't be fooled by symetrical discard, it is repeatable edicts

I keep Lingering Souls in mostly to stall a board when I am looking for a removal spell or to make 2 bodies to sac to Scourge of Nel Toth. A lot of BR Reanimator lists will have Chancellors or Ashen Rider and Souls allows us to stall for a few draw steps or Liliana upticks. When I played 4 Rix Maadi instead of the current 2/2 Rix Maadi/Cratermaker split I would side out 2 Lingering Souls instead of Cratermakers leaving 1 copy of Souls as an Entomb target.
    On this last tournament I played with surgicals, but before I was using 4 leylines and 2 karakas on the sb, and it looked much better.

I usually take out the dragon, because on EVERY GAME vs reanimator that he is on my GY (milled occasionally by supplier) my opp reanimated him He is a blocker for chancellor when you board in karakas to stop elesh/grisel, but still, its kind of a high risk that he gets reanimated, especially when you have less discard post board to take out their reanimation spells.

Your list looks pretty solid btw!

About modern horizons, probably the most impactful card for us is Shenanigans, probably replacing Cratermaker.

Site Contributor

May 2018

@Qweerios--I've loved your post-supplier lists and played extensively with them last year. I'm interested in new Entomb toolbox cards: 1-of Shenanigans and possibly 1-of Smiting Helix (kills containment priest, planeswalkers, helps racing, mitigates Burn-type match ups).

@johncarvalho

I think the Karakas/Leyline plan will definitely win more games against Reanimator than 3 Surgicals+Coffin Purge, but I value having the SB space and the utility Surgical has against other match ups. Gurmag is also an all-star for me in these cases. Since I'm often mulling to relevant sb-card and as much discard as possible, I have fewer resources to finish the game off, so a dumb simple clock feels great (turn-2 or 3 Gurmag off-of Supplier, ideally).

I also Entomb for Cabal Therapy aggressively against fast combo, particularly if I have a Thoughtseize first.

I love Tamiful's spicy lists, but I personally don't want to go below the full playset of Thoughtseize.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    On this last tournament I played with surgicals, but before I was using 4 leylines and 2 karakas on the sb, and it looked much better.

I usually take out the dragon, because on EVERY GAME vs reanimator that he is on my GY (milled occasionally by supplier) my opp reanimated him He is a blocker for chancellor when you board in karakas to stop elesh/grisel, but still, its kind of a high risk that he gets reanimated, especially when you have less discard post board to take out their reanimation spells.

Your list looks pretty solid btw!

About modern horizons, probably the most impactful card for us is Shenanigans, probably replacing Cratermaker.
    In that case you can easily do +3 Bombardment for -1 Scourge and -2 Souls and have more game against Griselbrand. You could also dismiss Bomb, Souls, and Scourge altogether in favor of Cabal Therapy but I've always found them too slow and weak against Reanimator.

Leyline does get better with the london mulligan but the tradeoff is worse GY hate against Lands and no Extractions to pair with your discard against SnT and Storm.

Shenanigans is good but I don't think it's maindeck material. Cratermaker is still way more flexible as a mainboard card.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

I'm willing to try this list this week, and on the monthly tournament next sunday:

Zombardment

Main:

Creatures:
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    2 Rix Maadi Reveler
    1 Goblin Cratermaker

Spells:
    1 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Engineered Explosives
    3 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Lingering Souls
    1 Shenanigans

Lands:
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Mountain
    2 Scrubland
    3 Marsh Flats
    2 Swamp
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    1 Arid Mesa
    4 Badlands
    3 Bloodstained Mire

Sideboard:
    1 Coffin Purge
    1 Darkblast
    2 Karakas
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Wear // Tear

Inquisitions and Brutalities are replacing Thoughtseizes because of the heavy aggro/burn meta in my city.
    I will try a split of 1 cratermaker/1 shenanigans is fine maindeck, with entomb you have a clearer answer to chalice on game 1.

I've been watching Hogaak in action in modern and that deck plays very similar to Zombardment. I couldn't help but wonder if there's a build that can abuse an 8/8 Trample.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknomahge View Post
    I've been watching Hogaak in action in modern and that deck plays very similar to Zombardment. I couldn't help but wonder if there's a build that can abuse an 8/8 Trample.
    I have an Altar of Dementia build in the works as well, but need some testing before I post anything related here! It's similar, but plays more like a combo deck in the Mill direction, I'm still not sure if I want to tackle in that direction!

The interesting thing is that you can mill yourself, making tons of zombies in the process and make a big swing (anger), or you can just mill out your opponent.

Came out 3-0 yesterday, beating reanimator, goblins and esper stoneblade. List is the last I posted, except:

+1 cratermaker -1 shenanigans (still not on paper)
    -1 darkblast +1 zealous persecution (sb)

Vs reanimator, the sideboard was:

-2 bombardment
    -2 cratermaker
    -2 EE
    -2 inquisition
    -3 therapy

+2 liliana
    +2 karakas
    +1 coffin purge
    +3 surgical
    +3 swords to plowshares

Kept the dragon, that finally didnt get reanimated. kept 1 therapy just in case, we can bring it in with entomb. Phyrexian tower is really good here post side because you can turn 2 Liliana with it. Also, Coffin purge is MVP, dont leave your house without one on your sb!

I still was not able to see Rix Maadi doing something really impactful, casted it on spectacle vs reanimator but he didnt do anything "spectacular". I can see playing 2 brutalities in its place, it have the similar effect of discard, and it ends up being better vs combo/control decks.

I will probably replace them with undead augur as soon as they became paper legal this friday!

Hello all.

I'm playing Zombardment for the last 3 weeks, and is going pretty well, and i'm having lot's of fun.

20 LANDS
    3 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Swamp
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

18 CREATURES
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    3 Rix Maadi Reveler
    1 Rotting Rats
    1 Anger
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth

15 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Entomb
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Driven // Despair

7 OTHER SPELLS
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Bridge from Below
    1 Ashiok, Dream Render

SIDEBOARD
    1 Karakas
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Silent Gravestone
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Coffin Purge
    1 Darkblast
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Bitterblossom
    1 Urborg Justice
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Tormod's Crypt

The list is working pretty well despite of my terrible plays (i do a lot of mistakes, but yet i'm doing ok).

* The inclusion of (1 Taiga) as become important to me, my meta has a lot of Wastelands, and being able to get Swamps first and then a Taiga for both Green and Red is nice.
    * I'm liking a lot the inclusion of (1 Rotting Rats), because i love the card and is also a Zombie that can enable the cast of Gravecrawlers just out of nowhere.
    * Anger is an UNFAIR CARD AND SHOULD BE BANNED The best feeling ever, was having a Bitterblossom putting faerie tokens with haste.
    * Driven // Despair === A bad card, but that is soooooo gooooood when you are able to play effectively. It won me some games, but usually the first card to come out while sideboarding, but good in game 1.
    * Abrupt Decay is doing pretty well, my first thoughts were to play (2 Assassin's Trophy) main (but i don't have them), but after some games ... hell no Abrupt Decay is PERFECT.
    * Ashiok, Dream Render is a mixed feelings, the card is so powerful in the right match up, and also 3cmc sometimes is difficult, but the card is so powerful that when i need and i get it, it is so good, and when isn't needed i discard it, so ... a stay on main.
    * Inquisition of Kozilek, it was to be Thoughtseise , but i couldn't find mine, so started with them, and i'm feeling pretty happy with them and since we don't loose life it's a good thing.

The new acquisitions in the deck will be (1 Shenanigans) for (1 Ancient Grudge) and the exchange (3 Rix Maadi Reveler) for (3 Undead Augur):
    * Ancient Grudge is good, but i think Shenanigans is better in the strategy.
    * Rix is a pretty cool card, and is kinda Working, but he isn't a Zombie and we need a higher count of Zombies, and the card draw i think it will be much better so (3 Undead Augur).

In 3 small Tournaments i'm doing 7-3.

Lost:
    Grixis Control x1
    4c Loam x2

Won:
    UW Stoneblade x2
    Maverick x2
    Grixis Control x1
    Miracles x1
    Dredge x1

The only match-up that I'm really not happy is (4c Loam), the decks seems unwinnable to me Tried different approaches, but didn't work, i get ahead but it isn't enough (i keep losing 0-2).

Do you have any ideas how to approach the mach-up against (4c Loam)???

Quote Originally Posted by jonesypunk View Post
    Hello all.

I'm playing Zombardment for the last 3 weeks, and is going pretty well, and i'm having lot's of fun.

20 LANDS
    3 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Swamp
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

18 CREATURES
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    3 Rix Maadi Reveler
    1 Rotting Rats
    1 Anger
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth

15 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Entomb
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Driven // Despair

7 OTHER SPELLS
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Bridge from Below
    1 Ashiok, Dream Render

SIDEBOARD
    1 Karakas
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Silent Gravestone
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Coffin Purge
    1 Darkblast
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Bitterblossom
    1 Urborg Justice
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Tormod's Crypt

The list is working pretty well despite of my terrible plays (i do a lot of mistakes, but yet i'm doing ok).

* The inclusion of (1 Taiga) as become important to me, my meta has a lot of Wastelands, and being able to get Swamps first and then a Taiga for both Green and Red is nice.
    * I'm liking a lot the inclusion of (1 Rotting Rats), because i love the card and is also a Zombie that can enable the cast of Gravecrawlers just out of nowhere.
    * Anger is an UNFAIR CARD AND SHOULD BE BANNED The best feeling ever, was having a Bitterblossom putting faerie tokens with haste.
    * Driven // Despair === A bad card, but that is soooooo gooooood when you are able to play effectively. It won me some games, but usually the first card to come out while sideboarding, but good in game 1.
    * Abrupt Decay is doing pretty well, my first thoughts were to play (2 Assassin's Trophy) main (but i don't have them), but after some games ... hell no Abrupt Decay is PERFECT.
    * Ashiok, Dream Render is a mixed feelings, the card is so powerful in the right match up, and also 3cmc sometimes is difficult, but the card is so powerful that when i need and i get it, it is so good, and when isn't needed i discard it, so ... a stay on main.
    * Inquisition of Kozilek, it was to be Thoughtseise , but i couldn't find mine, so started with them, and i'm feeling pretty happy with them and since we don't loose life it's a good thing.

The new acquisitions in the deck will be (1 Shenanigans) for (1 Ancient Grudge) and the exchange (3 Rix Maadi Reveler) for (3 Undead Augur):
    * Ancient Grudge is good, but i think Shenanigans is better in the strategy.
    * Rix is a pretty cool card, and is kinda Working, but he isn't a Zombie and we need a higher count of Zombies, and the card draw i think it will be much better so (3 Undead Augur).

In 3 small Tournaments i'm doing 7-3.

Lost:
    Grixis Control x1
    4c Loam x2

Won:
    UW Stoneblade x2
    Maverick x2
    Grixis Control x1
    Miracles x1
    Dredge x1

The only match-up that I'm really not happy is (4c Loam), the decks seems unwinnable to me Tried different approaches, but didn't work, i get ahead but it isn't enough (i keep losing 0-2).

Do you have any ideas how to approach the mach-up against (4c Loam)???
    Nice man! I used rotting rats for a while, its pretty good! Also, Anger is so busted, 1 maindeck is almost obligatory with any build with more than 1 bridge.

I have the same feeling about Ashiok, when he hits play he's great, you cant count on him vs combo on g1 because he is too slow.

Taiga is cool with your current build, but it actually hurts augur of bolas and urborg's justice because of the BB, not sure about that!

Sadly I have not tips vs 4c loam, I have never played against it here in my meta =(

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Nice going Jonesypunk! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Taiga makes a lot of sense with Decay. I would play more Decay main over your janky split card. I firmly believe Decay is the single best reason to play green in this deck. Especially now with Arcanist making waves in Delver decks.

4c Loam is a difficult matchup and you have to approach it like Maverick. They have plenty of hosers to contend with which include:

Chalice of the Void
    Leyline of the Void
    GSZ+Scavenging Ooze+KotR+Bog
    PunishingGrove
    WasteLoam

4c Loam is the only fair matchup where you can justify Surgical extraction if you can't deal with PFire. Surgical will also hit Loam and stop the Wastelands. You also want to bring in your solid removal for KotR, Ooze and Bob. These include your Decays, Plowshares, Paths, Pushes and Explosives. Edicts and Angrath's Rampage are weaker because they can buffer with Dryad and Mox. Grudge and Shenanigans are very good here too. A good SB tech for green builds are a couple copies of Return to Nature. RtN is a sleeper SB card in Legacy and is better than Trophy in a lot of matchups. RtN will destroy Leyline and Chalice and exile Loam and even PFire in a pinch. If I were on green instead of white I would play 3 RtN over 3 Wear//Tear. I don't think Zombardment is good without Lingering Souls though.

As to what to take out, all your discard spells are clunky here.

Grudge is way better than Shenanigans though... The only time Shenanigans is better than Grudge is to destroy Cage. If I were on a green list I would pack 3 Decays main and 0-1 Trophy, 2-3 RtN + 1 Grudge SB. With a RtN plan you don't need to bring in your Surgicals against Loam and you are LOADED in GY hate against Lands and Reanimator so you don't need clunk like Coffin Purge. All this GY hate also compensates for the lack of exile removal. No exile or Souls means you have to pack some edict effects for Marit Lage though. That's a lot of percentage points lost on the green splash IMO.

Speaking of sleeper cards, Plague Engineer is an insane SB hoser for Legacy blacks. I expect no less than 2-3 copies in every black deck's SB as an answer to Humans, Elves, TNN, or general good Deathtouch against Eldrazi and Angler. There is very little incentive to play fringe cards like Golgari Charm, Marsh Casualties, Darkblast, Marsh Casualties or Zealous Persecution anymore.

On to unrelated news I am thinking about buying into mtgo and I would probably begin with Zombardment. I will likely update my list to reflect the modo meta and find space for some amount of removal mainboard in order not to scoop to an unanswered Arcanist. I have my eyes on a mix of Angrath's Rampage, Cratermaker, and Swords to Plowshares.

All this deck needs now is an Entomb-able Goblin Bombardment or similar free sac outlet and we'll have a chance to include 4-5 flex slots for creatures and chalices.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Taiga makes a lot of sense with Decay. I would play more Decay main over your janky split card. I firmly believe Decay is the single best reason to play green in this deck. Especially now with Arcanist making waves in Delver decks.

4c Loam is a difficult matchup and you have to approach it like Maverick. They have plenty of hosers to contend with which include:

Chalice of the Void
    Leyline of the Void
    PunishingGrove
    WasteLoam

4c Loam is the only fair matchup where you can justify Surgical extraction if you can't deal with PFire. Surgical will also hit Loam and stop the Wastelands. You also want to bring in your solid removal for KotR, Ooze and Bob. These include your Decays, Plowshares, Paths, Pushes and Explosives. Edicts and Angrath's Rampage are weaker because they can buffer with Dryad and Mox. Grudge and Shenanigans are very good here too. A good SB tech for green builds are a couple copies of Return to Nature. RtN is a sleeper SB card in Legacy and is better than Trophy in a lot of matchups. RtN will destroy Leyline and Chalice and exile Loam and even PFire in a pinch. If I were on green instead of white I would play 3 RtN over 3 Wear//Tear. I don't think Zombardment is good without Lingering Souls though.

Grudge is way better than Shenanigans though... The only time Shenanigans is better than Grudge is to destroy Cage. If I were on a green list I would pack 3 Decays main and 0-1 Trophy, 2-3 RtN + 1 Grudge SB. With a RtN plan you don't need to bring in your Surgicals against Loam and you are LOADED in GY hate against Lands and Reanimator so you don't need clunk like Coffin Purge. All this GY hate also compensates for the lack of exile removal. No exile or Souls means you have to pack some edict effects for Marit Lage though. That's a lot of percentage points lost on the green splash IMO.

Speaking of sleeper cards, Plague Engineer is an insane SB hoser for Legacy blacks. I expect no less than 2-3 copies in every black deck's SB as an answer to Humans, Elves, TNN, or general good Deathtouch against Eldrazi and Angler. There is very little incentive to play fringe cards like Golgari Charm, Marsh Casualties, Darkblast, Marsh Casualties or Zealous Persecution anymore.

On to unrelated news I am thinking about buying into mtgo and I would probably begin with Zombardment. I will likely update my list to reflect the modo meta and find space for some amount of removal mainboard in order not to scoop to an unanswered Arcanist. I have my eyes on a mix of Angrath's Rampage, Cratermaker, and Swords to Plowshares.

All this deck needs now is an Entomb-able Goblin Bombardment or similar free sac outlet and we'll have a chance to include 4-5 flex slots for creatures and chalices.
    What kind of list are you working on right now?

On a quick note, I just realized how much better Darkblast has become with the inclusion of Undead Augur in the deck

Dec 2010
    Montreal

@john

Nothing too fancy really. I just want flex slots for a removal suite. I've narrowed down flex slots to Goblin Cratermaker, Swords to Plowshares, and potentially Angrath's Rampage. I can comfortably get 2-3 flex slots but I wish I had at least 5 to work with.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Chalice of the Void
    Leyline of the Void
    PunishingGrove
    WasteLoam

Thanks for the input.
    I didn't thought of Return To Nature, and yes it is a very good card. Just included (1 Return to Nature) to the sideboard and changed the split card for (1 Abrupt Decay). Until now no one is playing Leyline of The Void in my meta, but with the inclusion of Return To Nature I'll have another sideboard option to destroy it.
    Loam isn't affecting me too much, due to Silent Gravestone and the amount of basics Loam Wasteland doesn't do much, but punishing fire does hurt and Return To Nature seems solid option.

Thanks, for all the tips, let's see in next tournament if i play against 4c Loam and how it goes

Got a monthly tournament today, gonna try the following:

Zombardment

Main:
    1 Anger
    1 Arid Mesa
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Gravecrawler
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Lingering Souls
    3 Marsh Flats
    1 Mountain
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    2 Scrubland
    1 Shenanigans
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    3 Undead Augur
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

Sideboard:
    1 Darkblast
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Silent Gravestone
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Wear // Tear

I will try to post the report after the tournament!

I went 2-3 today, losing to grixis delver, ur delver and humans (the good matchups) and winning vs reanimator and burn (the bad matchups)

Anger proved to be amazing, letting me race against Burn. Even without the bridges, he really helps putting pressure. Your creatures cant block, so getting to attack with them the turn they come into play is greater value.
    I never get to use undead augur properly, I was able to cast him some games, but never got any crazy value out of him. Needs more testing.

Vs UR delver I punted on g1, because the opponent always plays reanimator, and surprised me with a different deck, making my mulls on g1 losing the game for me. I won g2, and on g3 he had surgical, and the delver flipped to surgical

The grixis delver was similar, g1 his arcanist made so much value, it was insane, and I couldnt stop it. On g2, he surgicals my ghasts and (again) the delver flips to another surgical, gg

VS humans I just flooded like crazy, drew a bunch of lands g1 and g3 and couldnt do anything, the deck lost to itself. The game I didnt flooded I crushed him.

Thread Information